PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 1.4 Rapid Shot cakes (Just go up fast and fill the sky)

FateofDeath
02-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to find some 1.4 rapid fire cakes (not comets or mines) just gold old peony or palms to fill the sky quickly. I've seen some that are really nice but are 1.3, I will be getting a cobra system next year so I can get some 1.4 Pro and increase my spectrum of fireworks I can use. I'm planning on using some cakes that go up very quickly, fill the sky and make alot of noise for the finale on top of a set of racks speeding up their shots (144) total. I've got what I need for the rest of my show this year but for some reason wanted to see if anyone has any good 1.4 cakes that go up quick and have nice effects, I see a bunch of mines and comets type effects but I'm looking for some nice peony or palms or anything in that area that I'm probably not giving it the proper name to describe. Even if it's just 25 shots very quickly I can get cases of the item and make it last longer, open to any ideas or to see what you all use for your finales or building up to them. The goal is to get my 1.3 license but I'll do that once I have a few shows under my belt and work with my local groups.

Thanks everyone!
-Fate

Big Worm
02-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Spirit of 76 offers many different kinds of finale boxes that go up instantly.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-27-2019, 06:04 AM
What Worm said. SO76 has some really nice stuff that goes up quickly. You can also check out WF Boom. They have a nice zipper cake called High Stepper. Very nice cake. 220 shot I believe.

chriskrc
02-27-2019, 11:27 AM
Fighting rooster and gorilla warfare go up pretty quick.

Big Worm
02-27-2019, 02:07 PM
What Worm said. SO76 has some really nice stuff that goes up quickly. You can also check out WF Boom. They have a nice zipper cake called High Stepper. Very nice cake. 220 shot I believe.

High Stepper looks like a good one. IMO if your buying from Wfboom you better get a case of Aquarian 200g and fuse them together with a little angle. Cheap and a total sky filler.

Mattp
02-27-2019, 03:18 PM
there really is alot of different choices here... highly recommend seeing what the place you will be using has.. and then going through lots of videos. yes its time consuming but youll know exactly what your getting.. the recommendations so far are spot on.!! 200g cakes med fused and taped together is also a great option... and/or those finale boxes are really great too...same 500g cakes,, but go off in 5-8 sec

FateofDeath
02-27-2019, 05:27 PM
Awesome recommendations from all of you, this gives me a better idea of what to look for, I've also seen the Aquarian 200g and it's a beautiful cake. I'm going to go look at SO76 and check out there selection as well!

Robbro097
02-27-2019, 05:33 PM
I was a big fan last year of gtx3300 by cutting edge and rock the night by winda both have great colors american wholesale fireworks has both as well as gorilla warfar and fighting rooster mentioned by chriskrc and offer theyr platinum level discount to pyrotalk members but if im just really wanting to fill the sky with color cant beat shooting lots of 200 gr cakes at once a lil more work to set up but usually best way cost wise

Jay_
02-27-2019, 09:42 PM
Agree with above. Hard to beat a few 200g’s like matrix pyro, or bump bear going up together

Gtx3300, fighting rooster, gorilla warfare, inferno punch, and fruit cake are some of my faves.

I lit 2 hit the road jacks on both ends last year and they looked pretty good going up as well.

Chiefsfan00
02-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Fighting rooster and gorilla warfare go up pretty quick.

Yea those two go up pretty quick and both a must for my show every year.

Icooclast
02-27-2019, 09:49 PM
it seems like "sprinkler" or "zipper cakes" would be up your alley. they're a couple hundred shots (some more, some less) but look out of those on sites. some are good and some suck, so check theirs vids before purachasing

Jay_
02-27-2019, 09:49 PM
If you are not just wanting vertical shells, CE-DC and Jam Packed are really good fan shaped effects.

If you can get 1.4 pro stuff, Dominator PFX LT-4 is a really nice cake.

Here are two of them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LpmUcuXPy1g

Kenny East
02-28-2019, 04:08 AM
Could always get a few cases, remove the paper wrap to find where the fuse passes from one row to the next... Run a piece of faster fuse along the bridge fuses for each row... When your faster fuse is lit, it will ignite all rows of the cake... Can take a 40 second 200gram cake and make it all fire in about 10 seconds.

Sticky match is also a great way to do this, just run a strip over the bridge fuses. Powdering a cake can speed it up, but isn't 100%.. If you modify the firing pattern, I will suggest a few wraps with strapping tape or picture wire around it in case of a failure.

Kenny East
02-28-2019, 04:12 AM
This is a board of 200 gram cakes all fast fused...the 8 tubes in the center act as a delay from the first set of cakes and the second set of cakes.

PyroDaddy
03-01-2019, 01:55 PM
I only shop wf boom and a few of my finale pieces are Marde Gras Parade...Booms Day Device. ...and Great Nation...all rapid fire with a lot of crackle.

Fire Art
03-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Try Rules of Game or Wings of Fire from Winda for larger breaks

morrison2951
03-15-2019, 04:23 PM
Another vote for Gorilla Warfare- I use it to start my shows and announce my presence with authority.

A real attention getter! :D

Kooooou
05-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Asia Pyro Pro Copper Dome is one I get every year by the case. WC Gorilla Warfare and WC Grave Digger are two others.

Lightningbug
05-09-2019, 10:19 PM
The new raccoon.....BRUTAL....500 gr 30 shot is pretty wicked to me.Fuse a case of them fore sure.