View Full Version : Wholesale order...How many cases can I fit in my vehicle?

kxm62971
01-31-2019, 10:24 AM
I apologize if this is something that has been covered somewhere else. This is my first big fireworks order and I am going in together with another guy. Still working on the final details but I'm looking at somewhere around 35-40 cases. I'm sure they vary in size but I'm trying to figure out if they're all going to fit in my car. I have a 2004 Lincoln Navigator SUV. Has anyone used anything similar in size? I'm leaning towards possibly renting a Uhaul cargo van if you guys don't think I'll have enough space but I was just trying to save some money.

Thanks in advance

Wholesale Fireworks
01-31-2019, 11:27 AM
Depending on where you order the sales invoice should have the number of "Cubes" for your entire order. Basically that is how much cubic feet you will need to haul the product. I cant tell from the screen name so I do not know if you are ordering from us. But if you did, look in the lower left hand corner of your invoice/ receipt and it will tell you how many cubes your order will be. Just a heads up if you rent a U Haul trailer a 4 x 8 trailer will hold up to 142 Cubic feet so you wont need anything bigger. Hope that helps and if you did not order from us, check us out http://www.wfboom.com Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions

kxm62971
01-31-2019, 11:29 AM
That does help, thanks a lot. I'm not ordering from you but from Patriotic Fireworks in Elkton, MD since they're within driving distance. But I'm on your guys' website a lot looking at videos!

Big Worm
01-31-2019, 12:08 PM
SO76 has a chart with different vehicles sizes and case amounts that will fit.

Big Worm
01-31-2019, 12:16 PM
Look through their news articles it's a few pages back

Mattp
01-31-2019, 12:40 PM
i used to have a lincoln navigator.. even with the back completely flat i highly doubt youll get more then 20 cases in there(and thats pushing it)...does really depend what you ordered too.. but unless you ordered a whole lot of bang snaps and sparklers... pretty sure you going to need something bigger to do it all in one trip.. maybe if you took out all the back seats..but i still highly doubt it

Robbro097
01-31-2019, 01:39 PM
I dont think your gonna fit them all in theyr if they wer all 200gr then mayb if you got a hitch the box trailers from u haul tow great. Just dont tell em its for fireworks a buddy of mine did and they refused to rent him 1.

kxm62971
01-31-2019, 02:55 PM
Thanks for all your input everyone, I had a feeling the navigator wouldn't do the job. Not super comfortable with trailers so I think I'll rent a cargo van from Uhaul and just keep what I'm hauling to myself!

Big Worm
01-31-2019, 06:58 PM
https://www.76fireworks.com/blog/fireworks-retailers-how-many-cases-fit-vehicle-trailer-products-pickup
Here is a link to that chart. It's kinda cool and seemed pretty accurate to me.

Robbro097
01-31-2019, 08:16 PM
Looking at the chart thinking bout what iv loaded chart does sound pretty accurate

Kenny East
02-01-2019, 06:39 AM
We ran out of room while picking up an order, had to break cases down and play Tetris... That's why I bought a van, not going to have that issue again.
The uhaul/rental is a better option... Unless your friend has a large vehicle as well. Then drive both down, otherwise you'll be paying for gas, rental and mileage.

displayfireworks1
02-01-2019, 08:36 AM
If your order is that big. Get it shipped
Many people use that option.

PyroDre
02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
SO76 has a chart with different vehicles sizes and case amounts that will fit.

LOL wow.. that's what i call attention to detail

kxm62971
02-01-2019, 04:23 PM
If your order is that big. Get it shipped
Many people use that option.

I could, but this place has a minimum shipping fee of 155. And thankfully I don't live that far so even a uhaul van plus the gas, I would still save money over shipping.

displayfireworks1
02-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Years back there was what appeared to be a fireworks bootlegger that would travel to Pennsylvania from either Virginia or one of the adjacent states. He would have a van and load it up with artillery shells for the trek back. The way he did it was to remove all of cardboard packaging and just transport the shells. You always knew when he was at this distributor because the trash just outside of the distributor was overflowing with empty artillery shell outer packaging. LOL Now I believe many of these artillery shell kits are made to easily come apart and flatten. This allows reassembly once you arrive home taking up less space.

Wholesale Fireworks
02-02-2019, 01:13 PM
kxm6971 Patriotic is our sister company so they carry a lot of the same items we do. You will notice we make our items smaller than most to save space as well as reduce cost and waste. I think Patriotic includes the cubes on their invoices but if they don't, give them a call and they can tell you.
Thanks

shake the cove
02-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all your input everyone, I had a feeling the navigator wouldn't do the job. Not super comfortable with trailers so I think I'll rent a cargo van from Uhaul and just keep what I'm hauling to myself!

I much prefer a trailer . Any accident that sparks a fire would be very hazardous in a SUV if egress became a problem. but in my younger days I did stuff things in a trunk of a car, somewhat separated from driver compartment. i us a trailer now, and prefer enclosed so as not to advertise what is being transported to prying eyes. yes that also means po po and fire who may see you drive by. The less i peak others curiosity the better.

shake the cove
02-02-2019, 07:57 PM
thanks for the link. gotta admire the marketing for SO76

RalphieJ
02-02-2019, 10:58 PM
I know for a fact that you can get 4 cases of New Yorker assortments into a 1990 Celebrity station wagon.

cherrybomb1
02-03-2019, 01:38 AM
I know for a fact that you can get 4 cases of New Yorker assortments into a 1990 Celebrity station wagon.

So you're the one that bought one of those!Lol

kxm62971
02-07-2019, 10:04 AM
So I just placed my order with Patriotic and they sent me a sales order saying the total number of cubes would be 43. Now I'm confused because I would be sure the navigator has at least 43 cubic feet of volume in the cargo area with the seats folded down?

Mattp
02-07-2019, 01:45 PM
So I just placed my order with Patriotic and they sent me a sales order saying the total number of cubes would be 43. Now I'm confused because I would be sure the navigator has at least 43 cubic feet of volume in the cargo area with the seats folded down?

i agree with you.. i would think that truck with all rear seats removed would have close to 100 ft3..and about half that with them folded down... but picturing 30 cases of fireworks.. i do not think that would fit..in a navigator.. is cubes and cubic ft the same thing??? pretty sure patriotic is case lot only.. but is it possible you ordered 30 items not cases?? im really not sure what to tell ya...but in my mind,, 30+ cases of fireworks ,,even being on the very low side should be at least 75ft3...even a 2 cubic ft case is a very small one.. good luck.. sorry i wasnt better help

Wholesale Fireworks
02-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Cubes and cubic feet ate the same thing. Put your seats down, Measure the length x width x height and it will tell you how many cubic fee of space that is Then subtrack a few to allow for wheel wells or sloped roof so with the seats down and its 6 x3 x 3 you have 54 cubic feet of space which is more than enough room

kxm62971
02-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Cubes and cubic feet ate the same thing. Put your seats down, Measure the length x width x height and it will tell you how many cubic fee of space that is Then subtrack a few to allow for wheel wells or sloped roof so with the seats down and its 6 x3 x 3 you have 54 cubic feet of space which is more than enough room

Ok good, thats what I was thinking! The cases I'm getting must be smaller than I think. Got a decent amount of 500 gram cases but I'm guessing AFW stuff is more compact and efficiently boxed or something. Thanks so much for your help!

Wholesale Fireworks
02-08-2019, 10:30 AM
You are correct sir. The AFW philosophy is "Pay for Pyro NOT for Paper" so we make our items smaller with less wasted space. You can fit more on a container, pallet, truck or car so you can get more for your money. We focus on performance not appearance. Bigger is NOT always better.
Hope you enjoy your product and please be sure to ask if you have any additional questions.