PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy from phantom?

BoomOhio
01-31-2019, 01:15 AM
From what I hear phantom could be backing the ban of metals in consumer fireworks. I dont know if this is 100% true but should I or we still buy from them or give them the big X and buy elsewhere? They have b1g2 sale going on and was thinking of stopping in for a few cakes this week. Keep in mind I Also spend around 1500 wholesale every year but still buy a few cakes retail during the sales because i do like some of phantoms cakes.

PyroManiacs
01-31-2019, 02:38 AM
I'll never buy Phantom or TNT, just in general.

jamisonlm3
01-31-2019, 03:40 AM
I, personally, wouldn't buy fireworks from Phantom. Their prices are so high it takes their seasonal 3 for 1 coupons puts their products at the same price point as other local stores. You can probably find alternatives to the cakes you like if you look around. Here's the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQvlPDD0I-s&feature=youtu.be) of the CPSC meeting from last year. The Phantom representative starts at 32:30.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-31-2019, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't buy a sparkler from them....

Colonel Coo
01-31-2019, 10:33 AM
In Georgia, Phantom went on the B1G2 spree in 2018 and kept it that way ever since. Earlier in the start of 2018, I had heard rumor that Phantom was going to discontinue their Buyer Reward incentive and instead go B1G2 on all items. Functionally, my stand sold the same fireworks at the same price sans the requirement to buy 3. My Excaliburs were $59.95 each. Phantom here has them at $180 buy one get two: but you have to spend that $180 first!

displayfireworks1
01-31-2019, 01:32 PM
As with Phantom and all of my advertisers click on their banner. The Phantom banner goes to their wholesale website last I checked

Icooclast
01-31-2019, 06:53 PM
i generally try to avoid phantom, tnt and prism brands for being too expensive. sure they have gimmicks, but like already stated you get 3 of a cake, shell kit or whatever, you gotta pay the whole $180 first. but what if you only wanted 2 or even one, it'll still cost you the $180. so, you're getting a little extra boom. but the smaller stores that have lower prices will take care of you more and appreciate your business more.

Lightningbug
01-31-2019, 08:25 PM
Support your mom and pop mortar stores!....they take of you better anyways.

rreffner
01-31-2019, 09:59 PM
Support your mom and pop mortar stores!....they take of you better anyways.

Not ?they could be? backing it, they are. They had a rep there arguing in favor of it.
That said, they have deals on certain things that you can?t beat, particularly during b1g2 sales. I no longer buy there, my contingency provider sells 1.4 so I buy there and get equal or better deals on most items. That?s just business, I?m not going to boycott only because I rarely shop there anyways.
They have a few good deals but support a local mom and pop if you can. In the long run it will equal out in $

nightstalker
01-31-2019, 10:34 PM
If this can be truely validated then a strong ban would be appropiate. If I pass a Phanthom store, or any other, I usually stop in and walk around to see what they have and at what price. I buy almost all of my product in case lots at wholesale. So much better deals. My budget is usually $2500-$3000 a year depending on what I see/like. Other supplies can easily reach upwards of a $1000. If enough people boycott they might do a double take when the pocket starts hurting enough. my $02 worth.

Lightningbug
01-31-2019, 11:02 PM
I support my guy in PA.....case lot only.i remember in the late 70's I used to get fireworks in the mail from a few different places and today there still there but were bought out by tnt and run by a HQ.

RalphieJ
01-31-2019, 11:49 PM
I support my guy in PA.....case lot only.i remember in the late 70's I used to get fireworks in the mail from a few different places and today there still there but were bought out by tnt and run by a HQ.

Interesting. In the early '70's I purchased from PyroSonic Devices (Phil Leech) in Grand Haven Mi. (UPS when they still shipped), and from the classified ads in the back of American Fireworks News I bought bricks of Chinese 4" salute crackers and aerial salute cakes, shipped USPS with a 1.4 label and a bogus NYS explosives permit# (assigned to me by the shipper!). I now purchase from family-run All Occasion Fireworks in E. Milford Pa., but always stop at Keystone and Phantom for a couple of favorites.

Chiefsfan00
01-31-2019, 11:55 PM
I don't have any phantom stores around where I live, so I don't buy from them.

BoomOhio
02-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Thanks for all your thoughts. I decided not to stop in phantom. Ill just spend a little more when i make my February order at wfboom. I also might go check out another place that dave did a video tour of last year f&v fireworks. Its a 90 minute drive for me but looks like it may be worth it.

Lightningbug
02-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Lol ralphie....mine was in the back pages of field &stream magazines. Neptune in Florida and a place in georgia,South Carolina but can't remember the names.

Robbro097
02-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Idk where about your at but americanwholesalefireworks is very solid if you pick up u can order single items at ok wholesale prices i think its a 200$ min order but good way to get a nice variety worth a look if your not 2 far

Wholesale Fireworks
02-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Boom Ohio...looking forward to seeing you soon. The 2019 wholesale price list will be available Monday Feb 4th

Chiefsfan00
02-03-2019, 12:12 PM
I'll never buy Phantom or TNT, just in general.

I won't buy from TNT either. High prices for average fireworks.