PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SW FL

FL Kevin
01-28-2019, 07:28 PM
Hello I'm new to this site but not new too pyro. Been doing backyard shows for a decade or so, e fire with 2 32 que systems, and have accumulated a large stack of racks. Pyro is my number one hobby followed up by Christmas lights, if the wife had her way it would be the other way around. She just doesn't understand spending all that money for a 15 min. show, where I can use the Christmas lights over and over again for years. To me pyro wins hands down, not nearly as much work and they go boom, where it takes me 3 to 4 weeks to put up over 100 thousand light and a week to tear it all down. Looking forward to contributing to the site.
Kevin

PyroManiacs
01-28-2019, 08:43 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-29-2019, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the forums Kevin! Glad to see another Floridian on the boards.

100K lights?? Holy crap! I bet the wheel in the meter is spinning like a top!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-29-2019, 02:29 PM
Welcome to PyroTalk Kevin.

FL Kevin
01-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the meter doesn't spin any more than it dose in the summer with the ac running full tilt, that and I'm 95% led.

displayfireworks1
01-29-2019, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forums, I see we have now have multiple members from the state of Florida. That is great.

matandch
01-30-2019, 08:26 AM
Welcome from Leesburg, Lake County in central Florida!

jknepp1954
01-30-2019, 10:12 AM
welcome to pyro talk! never been to florida - maybe someday.....

Rick_In_Tampa
01-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Put a towel over your head and your face over a humidifier. Poof! You're in Florida.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-30-2019, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Kevin. Glad to have you aboard.

Kenny East
02-01-2019, 06:22 AM
Put a towel over your head and your face over a humidifier. Poof! You're in Florida.

You forgot the mosquitoes, palm bugs and those tiny green lizards, that are everywhere down there.

Kenny East
02-01-2019, 06:26 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk, I help a friend do some extensive Christmas lighting... But the most I put up at my house is a prelit tree. I imagine it lights up the whole block? I would need blackout curtains.

FL Kevin
02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk, I help a friend do some extensive Christmas lighting... But the most I put up at my house is a prelit tree. I imagine it lights up the whole block? I would need blackout curtains.

I will say the block is very bright, to the point I kind off shamed the neighbors into putting up a ton of lights. That and I also do my aunts house and my next door neighbors house. I think we have the brightest block in town. No need to worry about black out curtains I shut them off at 10 on week days and 11 on the weekend. Funny thing is the only person on the block that doesn't put up lights all the traffic turns around in their driveway.

Kenny East
02-02-2019, 05:15 AM
That's funny... Bet that neighbor is super happy about it. I pulled most of my neighborhood into shooting fireworks around holidays... Now every year they try to put do each other... Two of us have user permits, but the rest do try to keep up.

One of these years I want to get into doing lighting... But I want to try doing some programmed shows using Christmas lights to music or similar. Some crazy videos of those light shows on YouTube.

Rick_In_Tampa
02-03-2019, 10:21 AM
You forgot the mosquitoes, palm bugs and those tiny green lizards, that are everywhere down there.

Ahhh yes. How could I forgot those little babies. Some of the mosquitoes were so big last year I think I saw landing lights on a few. It's ridiculous.