PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl 2019 fireworks

hatsgoods
01-25-2019, 05:53 PM
hey just a heads up i have a safe and sane show to do Superbowl Sunday if the weather is going to be nice. as of now the weather says 18f of a high and low of 10. which that still might be a challenge but im up for that. i could so Arial but my friends just wanted fountains. so i plan on it being about a 3 to 5 min show. i plan on e firing the show too. now dont kill me cause most of the product is either TNT or phantom. it all is leftover stuff from when i lived in NJ. and that is all we had around my area as of july 4th 2018. of course if thing do go to plan i will have a setup and prep vid with a ground zero and audience view. all i can do now is pray for a tad warmer temps outside cause i dont know if the batteries in my cheap 12 cue china firing system will work in that low of temps. so any thoughts on the battires in the cold? im thinking of just taping a toe / hand warmer one time use packet to the back of each little 4 cue mod. the china system is three - 4 cue mods that equal 12 cues. any ideas or thoughts please let me know. thanks. :cool:

Mattp
01-26-2019, 10:37 AM
I love that fireworks moved across the country with you.. lol!!! And as long as their NOT lithium ion .. i would think youll be fine.. just keep them in side as long as possible..i.dont know why.. but i dont think the hand warmer is a good idea.. good luck.. definitley get up a vid of it!!

Fulliautomatix
01-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Make sure to update your signature to reflect you're not trapped in NJ any more! :D

hatsgoods
01-26-2019, 11:42 AM
so my one friend i talked to said to put the 4 cue mods in a old thick sock and poke a hole in the top for the antenna. i think im gonna do that and just place the hand warmer under the mod inside the sock right under the battery compartment with the battery lid still on and in place and then the only other mod to this contraption im gonna do is is cut a small rectangle hole towards the top of the sock for the ematch igniters then second to last wrap each mod that's inside the sock in heavy duty aluminium foil. then lastly i have some red electrical tape that ill put on the outside of the foil right over the power switch so i dont have to search in the dark, even with a strong flashlight, and feel around for the power switch right before show time. so in other words all i would have to do is after setup check continuity after the setup is the then right before show time, just, look for the red tape and push there where the red tape is and then check continuity one last time to make sure all systems are a go then boom, - show time. ( no pun intended, LOL ).

hatsgoods
01-26-2019, 12:16 PM
another thing i just thought of, is / will the outside temp effect the nicrome igniters with the the little nicrome wire take longer to heat up and to light the fuse? i feel dump asking but i dont have that much usage on nicrome clip igniters as when i started to efire i just had gotten my type 54 and just used ematch then when the firewires came out i switched to them cause of storage issues with the type 54 ematch. mt friend who im doing the show for, i told him about how efire is mostly safer than going in by hand so a few days went by and then he called me and said that he ordered a 25 pack of 1 meter / 3 foot igniters. so i was like OK, great i dont have to dig into my igniters now. but when i saw him the day before yesterday, he showed me them and they were the normal black plastic orange wire - side clip nicrome igniters. so i told him i still can use them even though they are a tad short, i do have plenty of extension scab wire for this sized show. the pros of a nicrome igniter over a ematch or fireworks is the with the nicrome one, you dont have to pull the original main fuse out of the fountain. to where with ematch or firewire if you want instant fire or almost instant,i normally pull out the main fuse and place the ematch or firewire head WITH THE SHROUD still on right into the first tube, right where the main fuse was. so with nicrome igniters i just take a piece of the newer 0.4 sec a foot white visco supper fast fuse and the zip tie that fuse on the bottom by the fountain tube one in the middle and one on the other end then place a piece of foil tape over all that then use my fuse cutters, and then cut about 2 inches above the top zip tie from the 20 foot roll of fuse. following that i place the nicrome igniter on the white fast fuse and then use masking tape to hold the nicrome clip in place so it dont move. so with all that said what are your thoughts? and ideas. anyway i do prefer nicrome for fountains anyway. thanks let me know.

hatsgoods
02-06-2019, 04:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox-SasRvJ4o

Chiefsfan00
02-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Nice firework show and sounded like the crowd enjoyed it.