PDA

View Full Version : License Questions

mrloring
01-24-2019, 04:42 PM
I am going to be getting an ATF License of some type. Now that I know that I can use XFX Pyro and/or Kellner's for contingency storage, thanks Dave. I am less than 150 miles from either one.

The question I have is should I get the Manufacture License or the User License? I have seen posts that recommend getting the Manufacture License, what is the advantage?

I am in Pennsylvania and have a question about indoor magazines. Does PA follow the Feds as far as location and specs?

Thanks

mrloring
01-24-2019, 06:06 PM
I am looking for the advantage of Manufacturer of High Explosives vs User of Fireworks.

rreffner
01-24-2019, 06:14 PM
It depends on what you want to accomplish. You can download the orange book for free from pyrotalk.com, it lists in detail what each license/permit grants you in terms of explosives, and what requirements need to be met for each. With all respect there is a lot of information in that book and its a great place to start.
As far as magazines, youll need to meet federal requirements at a minimum.....and if local ordinances are more stringent you will need to abide by those. Those are going to be grouped by municipality, township, county or borough. Local fire marshall may be able to provide that information.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Why just get a Manufacturer of High Explosive License, go all the way and get a Manufacture of Kyrptonite License. Did you purchase my ATF DVD license package? Your 2 questions away from disconnect with this logic.

mrloring
01-25-2019, 11:21 PM
rreffner thanks for the answer. I have requested a hard copy to be mailed to me, but will probably just print it out because who knows when I will get it with the shutdown. I can't read that much information on a screen without getting a headache. I will start there and check with my local jurisdictions.

No I did not purchase the DVD package and now I see no reason to as it obviously doesn't answer my question as you made a joke about it. I have seen other places that recommend getting a Type 20 license instead of the Type 54 permit. I am just curious as to why.

displayfireworks1
01-26-2019, 11:49 AM
The ATF license application is not like an a la carte menu where you just check off what you can afford or want to purchase. My advertisers you are mentioning have nothing to do with helping users get Manufacturing of High Explosive license. If that is what you desire to accomplish , this is not the proper forum for you.

mrloring
01-26-2019, 05:02 PM
A Type 20 license is what is suggested for the hobbyist firework builder by the Pyrotechnics Guild International. Maybe you should delete the sub forum "Fireworks Manufacturing". I have found the information I needed elsewhere.

displayfireworks1
01-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Best of luck to you in your HIGH Explosive and/or fireworks manufacturing endeavors