PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Show Plans

Rick_In_Tampa
01-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Okay boys and girls, it's that time again!! We're in the zone for 4th of July planning!!

I put down a deposit on my fireworks order Friday. I've got 1500lbs of goodies headed my way in May!

What is everyone else up to? We planning a big show? Small show? Anyone taking the dive into an electronic show or; dare I say; a pyro musical?? Give us the details!!

esgrillo
01-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Well got the early order in with 76 a few weeks ago for the special order pricing with the extra 5% discount. Still have to order all my dominator product from Fireworks Forever. They have some nice new ones this year. Music is done and fireworks portion is scripted but still need to do the DMX programming. Adding some flame effects and more lights and trying to synch the DMX with the cobra script this year using the the audiobox. Hopefully all that will work.

Jay_
01-06-2019, 06:51 PM
I?m about 60% done scripting, but not quite far enough along to place any orders yet. Still have around 15 cases of consumer and pro stuff left from last year so have a little bit of a start on it.

Picked up 3 more 18m?s on Black Friday and will be ordering a 72m in a month or two.

Also in the process of pursuing my type 54 and hope to have it in hand by mid April. I have so much to learn about 1.3 stuff, I really don?t know how much I will have in my show this year (assuming I actually get my permit).

Looking at fireworks forever for the new dominator pro stuff as well, but still will buy from American wholesale and SO76 in some capacity.

Deanbc
01-07-2019, 01:18 AM
So needless to say I am excited. About a week ago I executed my first EVER pyromusical using my new Cobra System. Granted it was a test and only lasted 3 minutes but I used all of my modules, slats, the audio box, 18R2 and my sound system and it all worked fine. Fueled by my new found success I just finished scripting the first of 4 songs for my July 4 th show. Earlier this week my first Spirit of 76 (sale items) order arrived with more to come and I’m working on my order for Dominator Pro products from the guys at Fireworks Forever, just up the road from me. As I continue to figure out my product needs, if my budget can take it I might add another song to the 4th show but we will see how things go. Needless to say I am excited. Boy you should see how strobes dance in a dark July Wisconsin Corn field.
Not bad for a 70 years old fart! Enjoy and be safe.

displayfireworks1
01-07-2019, 07:17 PM
As Scott from Cobra says in his promotional material, "From Joe's to Pro's" at any age Deanbc , keep up the good work guys.
Here is the Cobra Joe's to Pro's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaJ6EnSOkaM

Rick_In_Tampa
01-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Well got the early order in with 76 a few weeks ago for the special order pricing with the extra 5% discount.

Special order with the extra 5% discount?? Do you mean you get the 40% plus an extra 5%? If so, please let me know how you worked that. We didn't get anything extra that I'm aware of anyway.

Sounds like you are ahead of the game Ed! As I would expect from you. Very much looking forward to your show this year. I've been trolling your DMX thread and it sounds like you're going to outdo yourself this year.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Way to go Dean! 70 years young and shooting your first pyro-musical. Very impressive. I tip my hat and bow in your general direction. Good job sir! Would love to see some video of those strobes!

esgrillo
01-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Special order with the extra 5% discount?? Do you mean you get the 40% plus an extra 5%? If so, please let me know how you worked that. We didn't get anything extra that I'm aware of anyway.

Sounds like you are ahead of the game Ed! As I would expect from you. Very much looking forward to your show this year. I've been trolling your DMX thread and it sounds like you're going to outdo yourself this year.

Rick, yes, special order pricing plus an extra 5% off. You have to place your order by 12/15 and pay 50% by that date. $7000 ish order requirement. If you did not get the 5% extra and you met all those requirements, get back with your salesman and let them know they left it off. I had to do that. The discount helps offset a lot of the shipping costs at least that is the way I look at it. They will discount on the back 50% if they missed it up front.

Well we will see how the DMX goes. I am going to have 11 DMX devices so my goal is to get them to synch with the script and music. Scripting for the cobra is a lot simpler than the DMX so we will see... plus that whole time code thing to synch. Keeping my fingers crossed

esgrillo
01-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Rick, PM me.

MontanaMike
01-08-2019, 04:08 PM
I really never stop thinking about our July 4 show. I'm currently working on the soundtrack (we usually use bits of at least 15 to 25 songs, edited together in a mix) and I've been reviewing videos, listing my favorites and anxiously awaiting the new WFBoom price list.

We usually do about 90 to 100 cakes and probably around 200 mortar tubes plus a couple hundred roman candles. This will be our first year using MJG initiators on our cakes so I'm pumped about that. I've added a column to my spreadsheet to list whether a cake "starts immediately" (such as with mines, palms or whatever) or has a lift delay before effects can be seen. I think this will help with programming stab points in the music.

Our other big change this year is, we are talking about moving our show to "the Friday after the 4th" to make it easier on our working selves and our wives, and also to avoid conflicting with our local Chamber of Commerce's show. Theirs is a 1.3 show, and is electronically fired, but has no music. Ours is 100% 1.4 stuff, but everyone says ours is better, mostly due to the pacing I think.

As for being an old fart.....well, I can't top 70-year-old Deanbc above, but I am 62 (but feel like a kid again when working our show). My co-shooter, Keith, is 43 and he's more about the day-of setup and the execution than he is on the planning phase. That makes us a good team -- I think I enjoy the anticipation and planning as much, or possibly more, than seeing the show go up.

Deanbc
01-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Jeeze...now you want me to do video too!!

PyroDre
01-09-2019, 11:39 AM
i'm waiting on the new gold lvl pricing from the people i order from..

that's when i start to get fired up

Mattp
01-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Great topic!!! this year will be my 2nd attempt at a pyromusical.. have it all edited and scripted. going to be 12 min long...been working on it on and off since july 5th, 2018.. lol. i have my SO76 cart built.. waiting on everything to be in stock and for all the funds to be in my pocket!!! hoping to have it in may/early june to start wiring.. the 1.3 will have to be picked up and wired the day of as i do not have my own magazine..so thats a little nerve racking to have to wait till last minute for that. i also have to stop watching videos,, every time i see something new i want it..hahaha.. i am still using my cheap import firing system and will be manually firing(button pushing) the cues at the proper timing with the music.. i have gone through, listened to and tweeked it so many times that i almost dont even need the time sheet anymore.. still have to build some new racks..but so far... so good!!!!

Big Worm
01-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Great topic!!! this year will be my 2nd attempt at a pyromusical.. have it all edited and scripted. going to be 12 min long...been working on it on and off since july 5th, 2018.. lol. i have my SO76 cart built.. waiting on everything to be in stock and for all the funds to be in my pocket!!! hoping to have it in may/early june to start wiring.. the 1.3 will have to be picked up and wired the day of as i do not have my own magazine..so thats a little nerve racking to have to wait till last minute for that. i also have to stop watching videos,, every time i see something new i want it..hahaha.. i am still using my cheap import firing system and will be manually firing(button pushing) the cues at the proper timing with the music.. i have gone through, listened to and tweeked it so many times that i almost dont even need the time sheet anymore.. still have to build some new racks..but so far... so good!!!!

That's awsome!! How many cues are you using?

Mattp
01-10-2019, 02:19 PM
That's awsome!! How many cues are you using?

i own 60 cues in total(12 small 4 cue modules)..the show will use 44 cues..but i plan to sync a few of the extras with others in certain spots to make wiring and placement a little easier.. i just hope all goes to plan and i have enough time to do it all as i envision it.. as we all know.. that is quite difficult in itself!!!!

Mattp
01-10-2019, 02:44 PM
Shouldve read 15- 4 cue modules

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 10:44 AM
Still have to order all my dominator product from Fireworks Forever.

I was on their website looking for the Dominator stuff. Couldn't find anything. I even typed in "dominator" in a search and it came up blank. I went to their "Pro only" page and it too was blank.

Do you need to be a registered user with them in order to shop on their site?

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Rick, yes, special order pricing plus an extra 5% off. You have to place your order by 12/15 and pay 50% by that date. $7000 ish order requirement. If you did not get the 5% extra and you met all those requirements, get back with your salesman and let them know they left it off. I had to do that. The discount helps offset a lot of the shipping costs at least that is the way I look at it. They will discount on the back 50% if they missed it up front.

Well we will see how the DMX goes. I am going to have 11 DMX devices so my goal is to get them to synch with the script and music. Scripting for the cobra is a lot simpler than the DMX so we will see... plus that whole time code thing to synch. Keeping my fingers crossed

See.... Now that really fries my bacon!! My sales guy never mentioned a Dec 15th deadline to get an additional 5% off. I was told we had to have our money in by Jan 31st to get the 40% (which I paid on Jan 3rd!), but no mention of an additional 5% option. Grrrr....

I'm sure you'll have the DMX thing figured out before the 4th. lol...No doubt in my mind. Very much looking forward to seeing the results too!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 11:16 AM
I really never stop thinking about our July 4 show. I'm currently working on the soundtrack (we usually use bits of at least 15 to 25 songs, edited together in a mix) and I've been reviewing videos, listing my favorites and anxiously awaiting the new WFBoom price list.

We usually do about 90 to 100 cakes and probably around 200 mortar tubes plus a couple hundred roman candles. This will be our first year using MJG initiators on our cakes so I'm pumped about that. I've added a column to my spreadsheet to list whether a cake "starts immediately" (such as with mines, palms or whatever) or has a lift delay before effects can be seen. I think this will help with programming stab points in the music.

Our other big change this year is, we are talking about moving our show to "the Friday after the 4th" to make it easier on our working selves and our wives, and also to avoid conflicting with our local Chamber of Commerce's show. Theirs is a 1.3 show, and is electronically fired, but has no music. Ours is 100% 1.4 stuff, but everyone says ours is better, mostly due to the pacing I think.

As for being an old fart.....well, I can't top 70-year-old Deanbc above, but I am 62 (but feel like a kid again when working our show). My co-shooter, Keith, is 43 and he's more about the day-of setup and the execution than he is on the planning phase. That makes us a good team -- I think I enjoy the anticipation and planning as much, or possibly more, than seeing the show go up.

Holy crap. I'm lucky to stitch 4 songs together that I like. I couldn't imagine doing 15-25 songs. Just don't have the patience for that. Like you though, I think I enjoy the process of putting the show together more than the actual show. As my show was going up last year, I was already thinking about how I'm going to change it this year. My firework order is already in, and I started laying out the design in Visio yesterday. It's a year round obsession at this point. Unfortunately, I'm 55 but feel like 95 most days due to medical issues. I also lack an assistant to help do anything. But... I've had 2 people ask to help this year though. So we'll see how it goes. I've scaled back my show this year. I'm actually using 3 fewer firing modules. Last year I bit off more than I could chew, and a 6.5 hour rain delay just killed me. So I'm streamlining big time. I only have 1 song (Frozen) that I'm getting fancy with the effects. So we'll see. I'm hopeful that this year will be straight forward, and the show will go off without a hitch. (crossing fingers)

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Jeeze...now you want me to do video too!!

Uh.... Cha!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 11:22 AM
i own 60 cues in total(12 small 4 cue modules)..the show will use 44 cues..but i plan to sync a few of the extras with others in certain spots to make wiring and placement a little easier.. i just hope all goes to plan and i have enough time to do it all as i envision it.. as we all know.. that is quite difficult in itself!!!!

Wow... 12 min on 44 cues? What are you shooting? I'm curious how you have it wired together. My show this year will be 14 min and I have 155 cues scripted already (40 less than last year!).

Mattp
01-16-2019, 03:11 PM
Wow... 12 min on 44 cues? What are you shooting? I'm curious how you have it wired together. My show this year will be 14 min and I have 155 cues scripted already (40 less than last year!).

you literally have triple the amount of products on order as i do.. . mine is 500lb from 76.. and about 300 from my 1.3 distributer... i have a few slices and sweeps.. but for the most part i have a bunch of 25-60 sec cakes.. a few wired in series per cue.. i dont have the time,money,patience or property to handle much more then that.. lol

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 03:30 PM
Yeah you called that right. I have 1500lbs on the way from SO76. But with only 44 cues, I was thinking maybe you had cakes wired together with visco and you were maybe using talons to light strings of cakes. As for time money and patience.... Lol... I'm totally with you there too buddy!! That's why I scaled my show way back this year. I wasted a lot of money and time last year, and I was born with no patience. So we're not going to repeat that insanity this year.

esgrillo
01-16-2019, 03:32 PM
I was on their website looking for the Dominator stuff. Couldn't find anything. I even typed in "dominator" in a search and it came up blank. I went to their "Pro only" page and it too was blank.

Do you need to be a registered user with them in order to shop on their site?

Rick, yes sign up for a wholesale account. https://www.fireworksforever.com/wholesale/

Also they have a lot of videos on their youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNvH2rOO8jIB7QCfWxv16kg

The guy you want to deal with is Marcus Berger marcus.m.berger@gmail.com

Top notch guy, very accomodating. The weakness is their website but the product, pricing, and customer service makes up for it IMHO.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Ed - Thanks so much! You are the bomb. (No pun intended!)

Deanbc
01-16-2019, 08:55 PM
I agree with Ed, thess guys are great. They are about 3 hours north of me. Great products, great prices and exceptional service. Marcus email back almost any time of the daylight hours.

Rick_In_Tampa
01-17-2019, 10:06 AM
I agree with Ed, thess guys are great. They are about 3 hours north of me. Great products, great prices and exceptional service. Marcus email back almost any time of the daylight hours.

I signed up and contacted Marcus right after reading Ed's message yesterday, and he's already contacted me back and my account has been created. Looks like these guys are on top of their game. That's very encouraging.

FateofDeath
01-18-2019, 01:47 AM
Hey Ed,

Does Forever Fireworks do wholesale shipping out of state? This year will be my 1st real display with a firing system and a decent budget, very excited but also trying to find the best value for what I'm getting on wholesale.

esgrillo
01-20-2019, 10:22 AM
Hey Ed,

Does Forever Fireworks do wholesale shipping out of state? This year will be my 1st real display with a firing system and a decent budget, very excited but also trying to find the best value for what I'm getting on wholesale.

Yes, I am in TX. I am sure they will anywhere it is legal.

Also Marcus asked me to pass on that you use his other email address to contact him: marc@fireworksforever.com