PDA

View Full Version : Career in fireworks

Cheflife222
01-02-2019, 11:55 PM
I tried to find another thread on this topic and couldn't so if this was already posted I'm sorry. But I would love a career in fireworks, not as a pyrotechnician, but in sales. I'm in sales now and love it and the art of it. Well everyone says you should what you love, and I want to sell fireworks, I dont have any startup money so looking for for a company that does commission sales I hope this post is aloud and didnt break any rules I just dont know where to start other then a minimum wage job at a stand which I cant afford the pay cut. Thanks

Mattp
01-04-2019, 08:01 AM
Not sure how to help you out.. and i dont know the firework laws in w. Virginoa.. but you may have to move.. i would call/email all the big companies who ship them out.. i would also call/ email all the brand manufacturers.. maybe they can be looking for sales reps.. good luck!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
01-06-2019, 10:41 AM
I don't have any idea what you know about fireworks, but if you don't have any startup capital, you're going to be pretty much out of luck if you want to start your own business. You can maybe find a brick and mortar store and see if they do tent sales during the main fireworks holidays, but I don't think you're going to be making $40 an hour running a tent store. As far as I know, none of them do commission sales.

PGH_Pyro
01-07-2019, 02:45 PM
it's gonna be a lot of fireWORK !!!
emphasis on the word WORK.

cmalloy513
01-07-2019, 04:46 PM
I worked for a company that does wholesale and retail sales over the summer in Connecticut and New Hampshire. I worked hourly and didn't get any commission. It's very hard work but very fun especially for an enthusiast. You're definitely going to need a ton of capital if you want to start up something yourself. If you want to get into fireworks sales to make a living your best bet is probably to apply to be a sales rep for a big company like Jake's because they work year round.

displayfireworks1
01-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Multiple people that are currently working in the fireworks industry started out watching my videos on YouTube There are also a few that worked one or two fireworks displays and were never heard from again. LOL If you are into sales , send your resume to a few display fireworks companies, you never know you may get a call.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Cheflife222 They say if you do what you love you never works a day in your life. Email me at rh@wfboom.com and I may be able to help you
Looking forward to speaking with you