PDA

View Full Version : death shells?

Icooclast
12-17-2018, 11:37 PM
i came across this vid of shells on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbk_7NagNA

they seem to be way better than pretty much every shell i have seen/lit. so that makes me suspicious

are these real or are they like 76's pro line where you need to get a certificate of some sort? anyone who has info on them, please share it

Lightningbug
12-18-2018, 08:21 AM
There real,and way over priced.Id rather buy 2 cases of a close too shell and get double the amount to send skyward.Not worth the price tag....thats just my opinion.

Icooclast
12-18-2018, 08:24 AM
There real,and way over priced.Id rather buy 2 cases of a close too shell and get double the amount to send skyward.Not worth the price tag....thats just my opinion.

that was my initial thought too. but i'd be lieing if i said it wasn't temping and i'd think about it if i ever get the money for fireworks again.

btom109
12-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Those shells and many like it are just a marketing tactic. 6 in shells with a 60 gram max amount of composition. We are now spending extra money to buy more empty space. Its a genius move on their part, I can't blame them.

joewad
12-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Marketing sells...........3707

Jay_
12-22-2018, 01:06 PM
Id like to get a few just to compare them to the 62mm pro shells.

I fired a few 62's against some "top of the line" canister shells last year and they made the cans look like festival balls. I was pretty surprised that there was that much difference.

Amaturepyro
12-30-2018, 11:30 AM
I’ve shot them. They are legit. Way overpriced for sure but the hardest hitting shell I’ve seen. I’m not sure about empty space cause they almost seem like overloads when they break but that’s Just my opinion. The videos aren’t exaggerating. Check out the other death shell demos. Cody b has good product on his channel. There real

PyroManiacs
01-03-2019, 12:17 PM
You can easily notice they hit harder than the excals if you have a good audio system too.

NWA_Fireworks
01-09-2019, 12:58 AM
I sell them at my tent. They are expensive, but they’re by far the loudest shell we have, and 60g cans are our specialty (I carried 15 varieties of 60g shells last season). The death shells came in late in the season, but all the cases I could get were gone the first day. Worth shooting at least one sleeve in my opinion. Cost prohibitive to fill an entire show, but you gotta try them out at least once!

Icooclast
01-09-2019, 07:07 PM
didn't think of it 'till now, but... does anyone know a cheaper place to get death shells?

Lightningbug
01-09-2019, 07:17 PM
New hardcore pyro 4" SAMURAI CANS will give them death cans a run...no doubt...and way way way cheaper...pyronation just put up a demo of them...just to let you know

PyroManiacs
01-10-2019, 10:27 AM
New hardcore pyro 4" SAMURAI CANS will give them death cans a run...no doubt...and way way way cheaper...pyronation just put up a demo of them...just to let you know

Ill be picking some of these up since the are available very close to me.

flashfuse
01-10-2019, 08:05 PM

We shot the Samurai shells at the PGI last year and put them up against Hog Wild The Judge shells, the judge shells were better by far ,. Now I've seen the death shells and they are even better then the judge shells so the samurais are not giving the death shells a run , sorry ?...

NWA_Fireworks
01-10-2019, 10:58 PM
We shot the Samurai shells at the PGI last year and put them up against Hog Wild The Judge shells, the judge shells were better by far ,. Now I've seen the death shells and they are even better then the judge shells so the samurais are not giving the death shells a run , sorry ?...

Hope I’m not bursting any bubbles, but The Judge shells are Excalibur rewraps.

NWA_Fireworks
01-10-2019, 11:03 PM
didn't think of it 'till now, but... does anyone know a cheaper place to get death shells?

There?s only one supplier, but there are a handful of tents that carry them around Missouri and Arkansas. If you find yourself in northwest Arkansas this July 4th season, shoot me a note, and I?ll get you a discount off retail.

Icooclast
01-11-2019, 07:24 PM
There?s only one supplier, but there are a handful of tents that carry them around Missouri and Arkansas. If you find yourself in northwest Arkansas this July 4th season, shoot me a note, and I?ll get you a discount off retail.

thanks. i wish i could, but i'm in Ohio. don't know if i'd ever get the chance to get out that way. but it's awesome of you to say that. i will keep it in mind

PyroManiacs
01-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Ive shot The Judge shells a couple years ago, they were really good, then shot them the next year, weren't the same. I can believe they are rewraps.
Ill get them again and the Samurais and compare, and then Ill be "The Judge" ;)

flashfuse
01-12-2019, 10:20 AM
Hope I?m not bursting any bubbles, but The Judge shells are Excalibur rewraps.

Sorry, but they are not, Excals haven't been the same in years . Shells vary from year to year .one year they are hot the next watered down, thus the Excals .

NWA_Fireworks
01-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Sorry, but they are not, Excals haven't been the same in years . Shells vary from year to year .one year they are hot the next watered down, thus the Excals .

I buy wholesale from Red Rhino (producer of The Judge under the Texas Outlaw label) and Jakes (producer of Excalibur). There’s a long history between the two companies. The Judge is the same shell as Excalibur. Comes off the same line at the same factory. The Judge = Excalibur = Max’d Out. That being said, there’s no doubt Excals have been watered down. I think 2015 was the last year I remember them having a good pop.

PyroManiacs
01-12-2019, 04:12 PM
We all know there are only a FEW factories making ALL of our canister shells, regardless. It would be nice if we had a concrete list of which shells were coming from what factories. Im sure if everyone came together with their knowledge we would all know this by now. I guarantee a high percentage of shells are either rewraps or just constructed a little differently which make them seem/sound/perform differently, but STILL coming from those same factories.

Its not like its a big secret.