PDA

View Full Version : BP without ball mill

SamGurdus
12-10-2018, 09:30 PM
I would like to begin making black powder, but I live in a neighborhood so I don't feel comfortable ball milling it. Does anyone have any information on making it without a mill? Will it burn fast enough for use as burst/lift? I bought the materials for this article from Skylighter, and also have dextrin. https://www.skylighter.com/blogs/how...m-black-powder
Thanks!

displayfireworks1
12-10-2018, 10:03 PM
You don't live in a neighborhood you live in California. Don't erase what state you are from. I'm looking over you posting and I'm getting worried about you.

Kenny East
12-11-2018, 05:54 AM
The CIA method doesn't require a ball mill... But is a messy process...there are videos of screen mixing bp... But it's not usually as fast a milled bp. The issue is incorporating the nitrate and sulfur into the pores of the charcoal.

If you're concerned/uncomfortable with milling bp... I'd recommend buying commercially available bp... Pyrotechnics isn't a place to take short cuts or look for the cheapest way to do it. Which ever way you decide to go, be safe and follow all safety precautions.