PDA

View Full Version : Check out what is considered consumer firecrackers in other countries...

Blackdevil77
09-27-2011, 07:56 PM
I think these are German firecrackers. We sure as hell can't get anything like this legally. Seems awesome and very loud. The second video is crazy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYcBAdEe0V4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrDqU4ybdFQ&feature=related

pyro92
09-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Looks like I have to take a trip to Germany! Seriously those are awesome, but kind of scary. Aren't they pretty much a ground salute?

nrubmx
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
thats insanely awesome

indianahx
09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Those are the kinds of things people get ahold of without knowing what they are doing and end up starring in the new Nick Cage movie Faceoff 2......I can already picture Joe blow loading something like that into a Pvc pipe.

Very loud though....

Palermitano2
09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Awesome......I want nothing to do with the second video lol....that was nuts!

westcoastpyro
09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
10 cases please :-)

Pyro Nation
09-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Ill take a truck load please...lol

J's12talk
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM
10 cases please :-)

If we do a group buy do we get a discount? LOL!

Pyro Nation
09-27-2011, 10:04 PM
I could picture either ending or starting a show with a bunch of those... would be very cool

Blackdevil77
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
LMAO I know! I'd love a whole bunch of these! That bomb in that second video looks like it could be pretty destructive! 225 grams of flash powder, and we can't have over 50 milligrams lmao! It's not fair :( I could have some serious fun with those. Too bad the large quantity of immature...... individuals we have around here ruin it for the rest of us.

The fuse in the first video on the smaller firecracker (small... HA) looks like regular time fuse

J's12talk
09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
I could picture either ending or starting a show with a bunch of those... would be very cool

You would be better off suspending some 2.5" salute finale strings at chest hieght and setting them off. Plus they are legal to type 54 permit holders. I'm just saying.

Blackdevil77
09-27-2011, 10:39 PM
You would be better off suspending some 2.5" salute finale strings at chest hieght and setting them off. Plus they are legal to type 54 permit holders. I'm just saying.

I think that firecracker in the second video is a bit more potent then a 2.5" salute. How much flash in a typical 2.5" salute?

J's12talk
09-27-2011, 10:47 PM
I think that firecracker in the second video is a bit more potent then a 2.5" salute. How much flash in a typical 2.5" salute?

I'm not sure but I do know ground salutes will get you in big trouble and you really should keep your distance.

Palermitano2
09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
That had to be equal or close to a 5 inch salute in sound no??

Pyro Nation
09-28-2011, 03:41 AM
That had to be equal or close to a 5 inch salute in sound no??

Close to what I was thinking... I know a camera can't pick up the full effect of the sound, but gives you a idea of it.....

crackerbomb
09-28-2011, 05:09 AM
I guess thats why they put a 12" fuse on it, so you can run like he** and take cover. They would work great for taking care of groundhogs.

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 06:42 AM
lol. It would make a great pest control bomb. For outdoor pests of course lol. I'd love to see one of those in person. They should be available to Type 54 holders damn it!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-28-2011, 11:47 AM
The first video shows the black canister with a box of "Delova Rana Profi" Salutes--the item he set off is a smaller unit that had several firecrackers in it. Here is a video of the Delova Rana Salutes--quite different than what he lit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GXAigHYHLk&NR=1

It is a 45 gram cracker. Here is a link to a european site that sells them: Some neat stuff to look at there.
http://www.pyro-fireworks.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

PyroJoeNEPA
09-28-2011, 12:08 PM

Not sure on a 2.5" but a 3" hemi will hold 140 grams of flash. A canister [bottom shot] would be much larger because you could make the cylinder as long as you want.

ktaylor
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Oktoberfest and these? That's it....I'm packing up the family and we're moving! :-)

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
The first video shows the black canister with a box of "Delova Rana Profi" Salutes--the item he set off is a smaller unit that had several firecrackers in it. Here is a video of the Delova Rana Salutes--quite different than what he lit!!

It is a 45 gram cracker. Here is a link to a european site that sells them: Some neat stuff to look at there.

Wow, 45 grams of flash powder!!!??? And over here we make a big deal over those little M-80's that only contained about 3 grams lmao!

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Not sure on a 2.5" but a 3" hemi will hold 140 grams of flash. A canister [bottom shot] would be much larger because you could make the cylinder as long as you want.

Wow, 140 grams and that huge firecracker had 225 grams! That's gotta be intense!

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 03:44 PM

For some reason, I can't edit my last post lol.

Do they sell that 225 gram monster in the second video? Would a Type 54 license holder be able to get some of these, or is it even illegal with the license? I'd love to see these in person at one of the meets

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZU7yCWCKo8

I like this video. Can't really find any with great sound, but this one is a little better I think of showing how loud this thing probably is.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-28-2011, 04:11 PM
For some reason, I can't edit my last post lol.

Do they sell that 225 gram monster in the second video? Would a Type 54 license holder be able to get some of these, or is it even illegal with the license? I'd love to see these in person at one of the meets

There are many commercially available salutes available to Type 54 license holders--LBS has some 5" magnums that will knock you on the ground!!!
The device in the video -in my opinion- is a home made salute--I say this because it has a foot long visco fuse [commercial salute would have time fuse & quick match] and also the construction & labeling--if you look at the guys you tube channel he has 80 videos & there is one with a "half stick" type salute with the same type label stuck on it--not a commercial product. Also, two other salutes he tests [#6 & #7 i think they were called]. Translation of the german description says something about being made by licensed people.

Blackdevil77
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
There are many commercially available salutes available to Type 54 license holders--LBS has some 5" magnums that will knock you on the ground!!!
The device in the video -in my opinion- is a home made salute--I say this because it has a foot long visco fuse [commercial salute would have time fuse & quick match] and also the construction & labeling--if you look at the guys you tube channel he has 80 videos & there is one with a "half stick" type salute with the same type label stuck on it--not a commercial product. Also, two other salutes he tests [#6 & #7 i think they were called]. Translation of the german description says something about being made by licensed people.

Ooo I know that, I'm DYING to hear a LBS 5" ultra salute! I meant stuff more like in the video's, large ground firecrackers. Even though personally, I enjoy salutes more, I just think those are some bad ass firecrackers.

jknepp1954
09-29-2011, 06:26 AM
I guess thats why they put a 12" fuse on it, so you can run like he** and take cover. They would work great for taking care of groundhogs.
hEY - GREAT IDEA FOR FEB 2! lmao !!!

westcoastpyro
09-29-2011, 08:37 AM
If this stuff is legal I would love to see what kind of cakes and shells the can use in Germany. Any video of those?

PyroMatt
09-29-2011, 09:59 AM
These salutes are from Poland, and are very illegal in Germany. German crackers are only allowed to hold a couple grams of blackpowder :).

Blackdevil77
09-29-2011, 10:21 AM
These salutes are from Poland, and are very illegal in Germany. German crackers are only allowed to hold a couple grams of blackpowder :).

Black powder or flash powder? Still, a couple of grams is a lot more then we're allowed lol. And it looks like they can get a hold of these pretty easily.

PyroMatt
09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Black powder or flash powder? Still, a couple of grams is a lot more then we're allowed lol. And it looks like they can get a hold of these pretty easily.

Blackpowder, and usually of a pretty crappy quality:). But like you say, these flash salutes are still fairly easy to get anyway, since loads of them are smuggled across the Polish/German border every year.