PDA

View Full Version : Stepping up my game to COBRA!

DexTee
12-03-2018, 03:06 PM
From hand-lighting for years, to using the el-cheapo Chinese firing systems for the last couple of years, to now finally "graduating" to a real remote firing system ? COBRA!

Thank you to so many people here for your posts in helping me decide in the direction to go to best suit my needs, I am very grateful and beyond stoked in progressing in such an amazing hobby -- can't wait for more "OOHS and AHHS" this coming year.

Happy Holidays to all! -Dex

The unboxing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2xKjwc9D0A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2xKjwc9D0A

Kenny East
12-05-2018, 05:39 AM
I too made the leap to cobra, after using a 12 cue, and a p1200... Look forward to seeing how the cobra compares.

displayfireworks1
12-05-2018, 05:52 AM
This most recent Cobra deal for new customers at $299 (Don't say $300) was a real incentive to make the move into wireless firing. I think it is great for everyone.

jayf
12-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Patiently waiting for my 1st Cobra gear to arrive also!

Robbro097
12-05-2018, 01:33 PM
I'm also in the cobra game and cant wait for some wamrer weather to get out and play with it better. I love that they do a black friday sale. I see they usually do a spring sale as well not as vig of discounts but mayb a good chance to add a few more odds and ends

Deanbc
12-29-2018, 08:48 AM
Last night I did my first ever pyro event using my new Cobra system. While it was a short scripted musical show, only lasting a bit over 3 minutes I was very satisfied and my Audience loved the precision effects. My main takeaway other than the guys at Cobra have a fantastic product, was their service is even better. They helped me work through every step and every issue. Here is what I found, initially I stayed away from Cobra because I thought it was too complicated but what I found was the more you worked with it the better you understand how all the components work. It’s really is pretty simple and straight forward. I learned quite a few things even with my short test. The 18R2 remote is fantastic, it’s so easy to script. Can’t wait to do a July 4th extravaganza.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Congrats DexTee!! You're going to love it. Just make sure you do plenty of testing before you use it for a real show! Especially if you plan on doing any scripting.

Chiefsfan00
01-21-2019, 08:13 PM
Congrats DexTee on getting a Cobra. I really enjoy mine and I'm glad I made the purchase.