PDA

View Full Version : Decent 200 and 500 gram cakes. Area 51/phantom

Amaturepyro
11-21-2018, 10:11 PM
Hello pyros and Dave.....just looking for some insight on the best bang for your buck cakes...a lot of you have more experience than myself so I want to ask you guys which 200 grammers are good for the price. Getting together my budget as Dave was saying and want to know what some of the good cakes are.
Budget =$400 (give or take) lol
200 grammers...?
500 grammers...?
If y?all get a second. Let me kno cause I?m gona do some shopping this weekend for NYE

Amaturepyro
11-21-2018, 10:22 PM
The reason I ask is because I know fireworks and product but as far as pricing and budget and body....that area I don’t know too well yet.

fatcat
11-21-2018, 10:33 PM
What brands do you have access to I think some of the sponsors on this site also have websights that offer video of their products. See what you like and give them a call. I don't want to rain on your parade but 400 is probably a little low for the guys to give you much of a discount. Most of them you have to buy cases. Keep that in mind. Good luck and check out the sponsors.

Robbro097
11-21-2018, 11:22 PM
If you see em im a big fan of cutting edge brand they have alot of really well priced 500s and really bright colors compared to other brands at similar price points (exp strobes and glitters) sucker punch is 1 of thers thats pretty cheap and common hard hitter this was a really good year for it as well

Kenny East
11-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Does kinda depend on what's available... In your area or how far you want to drive. I buy a lot of winda, Magnus, brothers, empire, megaton, and some world-class.

@$400 I would mostly focus on 200gram cakes and avoid large sprinkler or noab cakes. You'll get more shots in the air per dollar that way. Don't over look generic cakes like happy family 36 shot, desert at night, anti missile... The cakes that are super cheap and don't feature flashy art work. There are some really nice generic cakes out there.

Check out some fusing videos to help plan for the finale and opener... Fast fusing or modifying the fire order On a few 200grams can give quite an effect for only a small part of the total budget.