PDA

View Full Version : Phantom fireworks

Amaturepyro
11-21-2018, 10:03 AM
in case anyone is interested....phantom has a sale through this weekend of buy get two free. they are still overpriced I think but this deal isn't a bad one on certain products like the reloadables

displayfireworks1
11-21-2018, 03:56 PM
If I remember correctly you said you are 30 years old
I going need to card you pretty soon.

MontanaMike
11-21-2018, 08:17 PM
The nearest Phantom location to me is in Cheyenne, WY. There are two other fireworks stores, one is a Black Cat outlet and the other is called Pyro City, that are in the same vicinity. I've been in all 3 places at one time or another -- we occasionally manage to get there during one of those buy-one-get-two sales.

The Black Cat store is pretty much the equivalent of Phantom from what I can tell in my limited experience there.

Pyro City comes off more like "the Costco of fireworks." A lot of things are off-brand, and they have a lot of handwritten signs, and they'll put up the Phantom ads alongside their own product to compare prices. .The guys at Pyro City are always saying that the prices at Phantom are so high, that when Phantom has a buy-one-get-two-free sale, that makes their prices about the same as Pyro City's "everyday" prices. I don't know if that's true or not, but at least with Phantom you know you are buying quality.

Amaturepyro
11-22-2018, 08:35 PM
I don’t get it. All I posted was in reference to letting peeps know of a good sale through phantom. Same goes with my other posts...just all normal fun fireworks questions and concerns...
I’m just a backyard enthusiast who enjoys fireworks all around. I’m not an expert or professional...seems like you want this forum geared more toward experts and professional technicians

MontanaMike
11-26-2018, 09:23 PM
I don't understand what you don't get. I was only posting my experience with Phantom vs other stores in the same vicinity.

There are plenty of "backyard enthusiasts" here. That's what I am, except our show has grown and improved a lot with ideas and knowledge gained from reading posts here. I think this forum is for people who love fireworks and always want to take their show to the next level.

PyroManiacs
11-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Mike, I think AP was replying to Daves response.

RalphieJ
11-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Backyard shooter here, an old-school Disciple of the Railroad Fusee. You won't find any initiators or a sound track at my shows, but what you will find is the application of tips gleaned from this forum pertaining to fusing and the timing of effects. Damn, I wish I knew about that sale at Phantom........

Amaturepyro
12-03-2018, 04:25 PM
yeah man I was referring to daves response is all. not yours I appreciate your feedback cause that exactly what I was looking for from my original post