View Full Version : giant panda canister shells

Amaturepyro
11-14-2018, 04:16 PM
has anyone shot these shells this year? recently saw them on a demo and they look really decent. wondering if there worth checking out for the price? for a 6inch shell the breaks look pretty awesome

displayfireworks1
11-14-2018, 07:21 PM
Yes there completly different than everyother consumer canister shell out there? I''m looking over some of your post. How old are you? Why are most of your quesstions sounded like you are 14 years old.

Amaturepyro
11-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Im 30 Dave. But I am an amateur to fireworks. Been doing little shows for the last2-3 years. Just starting to get into the real grits of it all. LEGALITYS and licensing for the atf54 permit...differences between 1.3 and 1.4 products. And starting to build and buy my own shell racks for my displays. When I come across a product I haven?t used before i check the demos and my pyrotalk forum for information and knowledge.....finding out differences between these panda shells and others like the afterlife overloads and that type of comparability....
Just your average pyro learning the trade is all.

Amaturepyro
11-14-2018, 10:38 PM
I apologize if I had mentioned something that offended you in a post cause I see you locked the thread
It was literally just something I had read on another forum and the person taking about it
Just made me curious on the topic which was why i brought it up....the gentleman in the thread mentioned your name too! So I was actually hoping to get feedback from you about it anyway. Well positive feedback of course. Wasn’t trying to violate any of your rules or anything whatsoever....end result= I will be more cautious about posts

displayfireworks1
11-15-2018, 06:04 AM
Write in what state you are from in your profile so we all get an idea where you are you from. If you new at this , you are trying to go from zero to one hundred. Zero is a fuse and one hundred is a salute. What direction you are going, is going to depend on your budget and time. Mainly your budget. You going to do more reading and watching video then we are going to typing answering every question that pops in your head. It should be easy for you because this website has near everything on it. The videos are categories and the forums have a search engine. Now start reading and watching and watching video. Next figure out what your budget is.

Supermanpyro8
11-15-2018, 07:11 AM
I’ve learned quick how a $1000 each trip is spent quickly.

nightstalker
11-15-2018, 09:18 PM
I’ve learned quick how a $1000 each trip is spent quickly.

and sometimes it doesn't stop at $1000

Icooclast
11-15-2018, 11:16 PM
and sometimes it doesn't stop at $1000

so true, man. so true. lol

Robbro097
11-16-2018, 01:49 AM
I wish i knew how to stop at $1000

Supermanpyro8
11-16-2018, 04:02 AM
I found out my first trip that an indoor magazine was a HUGE waste of money. After my first purchase of 1.3?s I started on my outdoor Mag.

displayfireworks1
11-16-2018, 05:45 AM
There is no doubt , fireworks is an expensive hobby. Particularly when you start adding some fireworks firing equipment , racks etc. Not sure what the original posters budget is. If you are new at this just go a local retail outlet and tell a knowledgeable person at the store what your budget is, they may have some good recommendations for you within your budget.
On a side note , as soon as I can get my hands on one of the newly marketed consumer so called 6 in shells I'm going to take it apart. I know there has to some sort of deception in it. The only advantage I see is the payload area can hold larger stars within the legal limit. Unless there is something I am missing

Kenny East
11-16-2018, 06:02 AM
I've heard the same thing about the 6" consumer shells ... It can hold larger stars... Doesn't change the weight. Might make for some good willows, maybe some cavity stars. But for typical effects a 4-5 can will hold 50+grams of comp.

I remember year one with a permit... Spent over $1000 in racks, tubes, and stakes.