View Full Version : Pyro Hauler

cherrybomb1
10-30-2018, 11:00 PM
I picked up a 7x14 cargo trailer for the wife today to haul my fireworks and supplies.My air mattress fits real nice in it...i?ll probably be sleeping in it for awhile LOL!http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3564&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3565&stc=1

Supermanpyro8
10-31-2018, 02:14 AM
Looks good. That will fit a lot of supplies and fireworks. I like it.

Kenny East
10-31-2018, 05:44 AM
Nice, I miss my straight truck... 32' box, double bunk sleeper. Any plans for adding some shelves or other organisation.. Etrax cargo strips come in handy to keep your load from falling all over.

cherrybomb1
10-31-2018, 06:23 AM
Looks good. That will fit a lot of supplies and fireworks. I like it.

Thanks superman, nice pick-up on those 6" shells!

cherrybomb1
10-31-2018, 06:26 AM
Nice, I miss my straight truck... 32' box, double bunk sleeper. Any plans for adding some shelves or other organisation.. Etrax cargo strips come in handy to keep your load from falling all over.
I just looked up the Etrax cargo strips...I'll definitely be buying some of that after i get the floor and about 2 foot up the sides painted with some outdoor porch paint.Thanks for the info on that!

Pyro Dave
10-31-2018, 10:00 AM
As someone who has owned and used a similar trailer for the last 10 years I'll give you some things I've learned.

Buy heavier ply tires it's worth every penny.
Buy 2 spare tires. Because more then likely if you hit something and blow a front tire, the rear tire is going to hit the same thing.
I just recently installed 2-24" light bars on the side. Makes clean up in a field so much nicer.

Enjoy the trailer.

joewad
10-31-2018, 03:17 PM
I picked up a 7x14 cargo trailer for the wife today to haul my fireworks and supplies.My air mattress fits real nice in it...i?ll probably be sleeping in it for awhile LOL!http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3564&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3565&stc=1

Don't get rid of the Hallmark channel, it's a lifesaver.

displayfireworks1
10-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Man that thing looks nice. I like the fact that it has that side door for another access point. Plus you have a cap (or topper depending on where you live) on that truck bed. Everything will stay safe secure and dry. Thanks for posting the pictures.

nightstalker
10-31-2018, 09:05 PM
that is nice and as stated above the side door is a big plus

cptnding
10-31-2018, 09:45 PM
I've pulled a trailer just like that one for 8 or 9 years for work and pyro. Great size for most tow vehicles. Not too big and still plenty of cargo space. I think you will be very happy with it. The ramp door makes loading/unloading much easier. And it will sleep 4 guys comfortably on air mattresses or cots lol!
I agree with Pyro Dave. Heavier ply tires are worth the money. If you have standard 3500lb axles it's not hard to exceed the rated GVW on a trailer that size. And keep an eye on your tires. They WILL NOT wear evenly.

PyroManiacs
11-01-2018, 02:11 AM
Nice. You definitely can fit a nice little 1.3 display within that space if your packing game is on point. I have worked within this space also and its amazing how many 2.5"/3"/4" racks plus cakes/cases can fit. Definitely also agree on those tires, trailers start to squat a bit when you're loading all the racks up.

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:03 AM
As someone who has owned and used a similar trailer for the last 10 years I'll give you some things I've learned.

Buy 2 spare tires. Because more then likely if you hit something and blow a front tire, the rear tire is going to hit the same thing.
I just recently installed 2-24" light bars on the side. Makes clean up in a field so much nicer.
Enjoy the trailer.
Thanks Pyro Dave.Spare tire and rims have been ordered!

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Don't get rid of the Hallmark channel, it's a lifesaver.

LOL,i hear that joewad...i'm starting to think its a mans best friend!

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:13 AM
Man that thing looks nice. I like the fact that it has that side door for another access point. Plus you have a cap (or topper depending on where you live) on that truck bed. Everything will stay safe secure and dry. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Sh##s all your fault Dave...wife can't wait to meet you! LOL

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:17 AM
Thanks nightstalker,i was going to go with a 12' but none of them had the triple lock on the side door

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:22 AM
Nice. You definitely can fit a nice little 1.3 display within that space if your packing game is on point. I have worked within this space also and its amazing how many 2.5"/3"/4" racks plus cakes/cases can fit. Definitely also agree on those tires, trailers start to squat a bit when you're loading all the racks up.
Thanks PyroManiac1981! Nice to get the approval of a Professional!

cherrybomb1
11-01-2018, 07:23 AM

Thanks nightstalker!

PyroDre
11-01-2018, 12:36 PM
damn! that's nice

joewad
11-01-2018, 05:06 PM

Enjoy the trailer.

All great ideas and don't forget a traveling 4 way lug wrench

Rick_In_Tampa
11-02-2018, 07:57 AM
"I picked up a 7x14 cargo trailer for the wife today..." Said no man ever!

Man I'm jealous. I wish I had the space and the toys like that. It would make my pyro life a lot easier.

Great addition to the family CB!

cherrybomb1
11-02-2018, 09:00 AM
damn! that's nice
Thanks PyroDre...I was on the fence on this one for awhile, just wish i would have bought it sooner.The weather's not looking to promising around my neck of the woods to get the floor painted...needs to be above 50 degrees.

cherrybomb1
11-02-2018, 09:10 AM
"I picked up a 7x14 cargo trailer for the wife today..." Said no man ever!

Man I'm jealous. I wish I had the space and the toys like that. It would make my pyro life a lot easier.

Great addition to the family CB!

Thanks Big Rick!.The only down side is the wife is looking for another French Bulldog.ARGHHH!

BoomPlatoon
11-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Wow!! That's an awesome investment and addition to your hobby. Something like this is definitely on my "wish list". Thanks for sharing.

Rick_In_Tampa
11-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Thanks Big Rick!.The only down side is the wife is looking for another French Bulldog.ARGHHH!

What Mama wants, Mama gets! If not, there will be no joy in Mudville. :(