PDA

View Full Version : 1.75" lift cup

BoomPlatoon
10-30-2018, 04:56 PM
Does anyone has ideas on a DIY on how to make these?

PyroJoeNEPA
10-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Simple--cut a strip of cardboard from a cereal box & roll it into a circle. Close with tape. Use a piece of UHaul tape [aka Dave's Magic Tape" to seal the bottom.

BoomPlatoon
10-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Simple--cut a strip of cardboard from a cereal box & roll it into a circle. Close with tape. Use a piece of UHaul tape [aka Dave's Magic Tape" to seal the bottom.

Thank you. I knew someone on here would have an idea.

PyroManiacs
10-30-2018, 09:15 PM
It should now be called, "Dave doesn't even know if it's his Magic tape anymore", because they changed it so many times from when he first dubbed it that. LOL! :p

BoomPlatoon
10-30-2018, 09:25 PM
Changed for the good or bad? I just bought 2 rolls of it this weekend.

Kenny East
10-31-2018, 05:37 AM
I have a friend who is a phlebotomist, she saves all the cardboard tubes from the medical tape rolls. They are about 1" long and . 75" id ... Pretty thin walled.

I've also just used a piece of Kraft paper rolled into a cone, tape in leader, add bp place your shell into the cone... Tape around the perimeter of the the cone to contain the bp.

cherrybomb1
10-31-2018, 06:12 AM
I have a friend who is a phlebotomist, she saves all the cardboard tubes from the medical tape rolls. They are about 1" long and . 75" id ... Pretty thin walled.

I've also just used a piece of Kraft paper rolled into a cone, tape in leader, add bp place your shell into the cone... Tape around the perimeter of the the cone to contain the bp.

I had to google that one Kenny...after they stick me 3 or 4 times to find a vein to get blood i have a different name for them.LOL

displayfireworks1
10-31-2018, 06:33 PM
I am finding lately the Magic Tape seems to be looking good. I suspect Uhaul may have finally realized just to leave well enough alone and stop trying to alter its properties. I see now you have to purchase $99.00 worth to get free shipping on the Uhaul tape. Years back it was $25.00.
I have seen people use one ounce plastic medicine cups to hold a lift charge. On larger shells sometimes they use paper Dixie cups. I know one of my advertisers sells paper shell making supplies , I am not sure which one.

Kenny East
11-01-2018, 05:37 AM
As long as uhaul doesn't go to another supplier, ipg makes great packing tape. It sticks great under most conditions. 3m has a similar packing tape that I use a lot as well, comes in 1" wide rolls.

a condiment cup like McDonald's ketchup cups could also work, depending on how much lift is needed.

Kenny East
11-01-2018, 05:39 AM
I had to google that one Kenny...after they stick me 3 or 4 times to find a vein to get blood i have a different name for them.LOL

Had some different names for them too after they went all the way through a vein.