View Full Version : SuperBfire firing system

westcoastpyro
09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Anyone use this firing system? if so what do you think about it?

indianahx
09-24-2011, 07:51 AM
It's not super "b"....its superbfire. I haven't heard bad things about them. It's just like any other system....has its pros and cons. Just depends on your preferences and your budget.

westcoastpyro
09-24-2011, 07:58 AM
That's correct superbfire sorry about that I thougt the price was good for what you get.

Pyro Nation
09-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I have used the 12 and 32 cue version of this system.... I really like the 32 cue one and some on here have them as well i know this for a fact..lol

Pyro Nation
09-24-2011, 09:01 AM
forgot to put...if you go to my youtube page I have some videos of me demoing the system with consumer igniters and ematch

westcoastpyro
09-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Can you post a link to your YouTube I am always looking for more videos to watch

Pyro Nation
09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBnVOmAY9XE

ddadmin
09-24-2011, 05:02 PM
I just want to remind everyone that I try to discourage these conversations about the small wireless firing systems. The reason is someone will inevitably start posting links to companies that do not advertise with pyrotalk.com. I have or will offer reasonable advertising to anyone that is selling or marketing a fireworks product.

If you are in the market for a wireless fireworks firing systems I have a few sponsor’s listed that sell firing systems to match your budget and application.

I am adding advertisers to pyrotalk all the time. Please take a minute to view the sponsor page and click on the banners that lead to the websites. Some of the advertisers are changing products and prices constantly.

Thank You Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.comAdministrator

westcoastpyro
09-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I thought quantumfire sold this and they are one of the sponsors. That's why I started the thread sorry about that.

ddadmin
09-24-2011, 08:06 PM
This system you posted is sold by one of my sponsors. I was referencing the post I removed. The post I removed was a company that not only choose not to advertise with me but felt the need to insult me. For pyrotalk.com to continue to be free to you the user of fireworks, it has to generate income from other sources. The other sources are my sponsors. Pyrotalk is still in the development stages. As more and more sponsors sign on to the websitethis will enable me to continue to run the website so as time goes by this will be less and less of an issue.

My goal is to become the top fireworks enthusiast website on the internet. Certain portions of the website have to be run from a business standpoint. If you are a user of fireworks this should not affect you and you may ultimately enjoy the benefits of the website being free of charge to you. Remember almost every fireworks subject is open from making fireworks on up. The only rule I am firm about is advertising indirectly for a company that does not advertise with me. Most business people understand how this work and it is not an issue for them.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com Administrator

westcoastpyro
09-24-2011, 08:37 PM
No problem I think you have a great site. And your videos are great also I have learned alot and hope to learn much more. Keep up the great work,
Thanks again

GApyroCHICK
09-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey Pyroliffic THANKS for posting the video! (Also, thanks for the other vids on youtube) I too was looking at the same firing system! I am on the fence about which system to go with though. I am thinking about starting small with the 12 seperate modules and maybe later on graduating up. Do any of the more experienced shooters want to chime in here? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet ($) and go with the centrally located module (32)? I've read other posts where everyone seems to state that it is personal preference. Yes, it seems like doing 12 individual will be a pain, but it does seem like it will be easier (if you have the space) to spread your show out. Any thoughts please. What I am forgetting to take into consideration. Also, I will be using clips. NO 54 yet :(

indianahx
09-25-2011, 01:56 PM
that is your main issue with the two different systems....

with the single 32 cue system, you get more than twice the cues but only in 1 location (unless you want to run a TON of wire to spread out your product).

with the distributed fire system you can space them out according to how you want your set up.

The one I went with was distributed and you can also get extra receivers to "learn" them however you like. this was how I wanted it to work out since I spaced out my product into 3 stations.

you might also want to consider battery use. I think the superbfire CAN use and external power source. however, most of the distributed takes it's own battery source for each unit. I have 6 receivers and one control desk. all in all it requires 30 batteries. hope that helps some!

nrubmx
09-25-2011, 03:43 PM
i bought it from pyrolific and i absolutely love it, it is the 32 que and its great!

Pyro Nation
09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Pyroliffic THANKS for posting the video! (Also, thanks for the other vids on youtube) I too was looking at the same firing system! I am on the fence about which system to go with though. I am thinking about starting small with the 12 seperate modules and maybe later on graduating up. Do any of the more experienced shooters want to chime in here? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet ($) and go with the centrally located module (32)? I've read other posts where everyone seems to state that it is personal preference. Yes, it seems like doing 12 individual will be a pain, but it does seem like it will be easier (if you have the space) to spread your show out. Any thoughts please. What I am forgetting to take into consideration. Also, I will be using clips. NO 54 yet :(

As indiana said with the 32 Cue it is all one location, but for me I did not mind running the wire. I actually found most of the time I didnt need to since when shooting with a system you can have your items closer. IE... not using fuse to time out items anymore..

foodguy
09-26-2011, 12:13 AM
beware that many of these systems were built using the wrong components and will break requiring you to send them back to china on your dime and wait for the unit back which many times takes MONTHS. many users on the other fireworks website have issues like this and causes many shows to fail (see post: "SuperbFire 32 Cue System Failure Day of Show"). I suggest to not buy these units from this manufacture. Pick another one from dave advertisers.

Pyro Nation
09-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Well, this is one of Dave's advertisers... Quantumfire.....but systems can have failure at any point in time. Not sure what ya mean by wrong component... If it was they wouldn't work at all then. Yes made in china, but if you cant afford a higher end system then something like this will work for someone....

GApyroCHICK
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Foodguy, I think that most consumers understand any time they choose to purchase a product sometimes they get "what they pay for". If it's a $100 firing system, I would expect it to behave like a $100 firing system (features, etc), compared to a $300 firing system. (not firing at all, that's a whole other issue) I would also like to believe that some consumers, especially in this hobby, do a little bit of research before they buy. From what I have heard, and not just isolated to this forum, these systems are pretty good. Also, the feedback I have been given is that the customer service from this particular company is pretty good as well.
So, I'm not familiar with the situations you are describing, but could it be that the systems were being used incorrectly? Or could there be manufacturer defects isolated to certain models made during a specific time range that are only affecting a handful of systems. If so, hopefully they have corrected those by now. However, I do appreciate your insight into the subject. Thanks for sharing.
Like Pyroliffic said, I think it all depends on what you want to spend and what the application is.

westcoastpyro
09-26-2011, 01:30 PM
I do understand the idea that you get what you pay for. Every time I make a purchase like this I spend a lot of time doing research forums,books, company websites, others with experience using the product. For me part of the fun of any hobby is doing all the research and I also learn as I do it. My reason for going with a system in the lower price bracket because it will most likely be a steping stone for what I will end up with two or three years down the road. I did the same thing years ago with my other hobby (gold mining) and now I have equipment I didn't even know about at the start and I'm sure that the same thing will happen with a firing system. My end goal is a system I can use with my laptop. I work with some automation simulation software that I can transfer to use with a system with a little code rewriting but that's another obsession for down the road a bit. Lol

Pyro Nation
09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
I do understand the idea that you get what you pay for. Every time I make a purchase like this I spend a lot of time doing research forums,books, company websites, others with experience using the product. For me part of the fun of any hobby is doing all the research and I also learn as I do it. My reason for going with a system in the lower price bracket because it will most likely be a steping stone for what I will end up with two or three years down the road. I did the same thing years ago with my other hobby (gold mining) and now I have equipment I didn't even know about at the start and I'm sure that the same thing will happen with a firing system. My end goal is a system I can use with my laptop. I work with some automation simulation software that I can transfer to use with a system with a little code rewriting but that's another obsession for down the road a bit. Lol

Pretty much exactly what I did with these systems... They were my first / stepping stone to the next level which I consider for me the Cobra... I found nothing wrong with the system.. Never let me down so no complaints there.....

And westcoast so ya know...there is a USB interface now that can be used with this system to a laptop ... so watch out..lol

westcoastpyro
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
Yes pyroliffic I noticed about that system. That one is going on my wish list for sure.

foodguy
10-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, this is one of Dave's advertisers... Quantumfire.....but systems can have failure at any point in time. Not sure what ya mean by wrong component... If it was they wouldn't work at all then. Yes made in china, but if you cant afford a higher end system then something like this will work for someone....

32 resistors were of the wrong size on units made for months. unit will fail after you have all ignitors hooked up in test mode and switch to fire. please read thread in other forum -PU- to see what I mean. it has costed many users a lot of time and money to get their systems fixed.

indianahx
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I followed that thread for a bit even though I do not own any of their systems. There were problems with many units and several people are still waiting for theirs to be fixed, yes true. However, most if not all of those people waiting sent there machines directly to China themselves for the repair. I believe that since then the guy running the quantum site has taken the initiative to do all the dealings with the machine himself to circumvent this problem. If your machine is faulty, you turn it in to him and he takes care of the rest....no China mess, no hassles. I personally think that's a stand out show of great customer service and I'm ready to get one of the 32 cue systems myself.

Just my two cents. If you shouldn't buy things that have been found to be defective, how is Toyota the number 1 car seller?? This guy at least makes it right.

GApyroCHICK
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree with Indiana. I too followed the thread. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I believe they did a group buy direct from China (?), and the guy from Quantum stepped in and replaced units which he didn't even sell to them. I second the salute for great customer service, and for this they just may be getting my business. I hope that by now the systems have been overhauled to fix any issues.
Again, foodguy, thanks for the heads up though.

Pyro Nation
10-04-2011, 07:54 PM
I have used the systems in last month... I had them fully loaded with Ematch and no issues... looks good to me

Palermitano2
10-04-2011, 10:32 PM
My system came from Dave and it made my shows 100 times better.....

Pyro Nation
10-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Systems are on sale right now for $259.00 if someone is looking to buy one right now...

foodguy
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
I agree with Indiana. I too followed the thread. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I believe they did a group buy direct from China (?), and the guy from Quantum stepped in and replaced units which he didn't even sell to them. I second the salute for great customer service, and for this they just may be getting my business. I hope that by now the systems have been overhauled to fix any issues.
Again, foodguy, thanks for the heads up though.

Not correct. Quantum didn't fix those that didnt buy from them.

My issues are not with Quantum but with the manufacture of these units. I suggest buying from quantum but not any from e-madeinch

pyromustang
10-07-2011, 11:54 PM
My Red White Blue systemhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/68367158@N05/72157627842534242/

pyromustang
10-08-2011, 01:34 AM
sorry. try this http://www.flickr.com/photos/68367158@N05/sets/72157627842534242/