PDA

View Full Version : Consumer 1.4 quickmatch

Amaturepyro
10-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Hey guys. I want to know if anyone makes a version of quickmatch in the
Consumer grade. I?ve done some research and have found a little
Info stating some company?s do make it. I?ve done the whole make your own kit
From pyrodirect and it?s not bad but it actually seems slower in the pipe
Than the grey quick fuse on its own. I really want to use for an upcoming finale
And just can?t find anything comperarable. The grey quick is pretty good at .5 sec per foot but still curious if there is a consumer quickmatch?

displayfireworks1
10-15-2018, 08:40 PM
If it is out there they may be selling under the guise that it is Consumer Quick Match at 3x the price it should be. There is some pretty quick consumer fuse out there, if you fusing say for example a rack of artillery shells , it will get the job done. When using the consumer fast fuse. Fuse up the racks so it lights in the middle and burns left and right from the middle. You will get speed out that technique. Even if you use quick match , you still have the shell fuse leader as a delay.

Kenny East
10-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Ace pyro has 1.4 quick match... As well as sticky match fast...

I'm with dave, the gray fast hobby fuse is an easier way to go about it. Some applications quick match is a great way to go but there are a lot of headaches with using it. It's violent and can rip itself free from other fuses if not properly secured. The gray match doesn't pass fire as well as traditional black powder based quick match.

Mauro
10-18-2018, 09:56 AM
What about the Quick Hobby Fuse? Burns at 1/5 of a sec/ft. Can’t get any faster with consumer fuse. It’s available online. Works great, in my opinion. Just make sure it says “Hobby” in it and that is white.

BMoore
10-18-2018, 11:14 AM
What about the Quick Hobby Fuse? Burns at 1/5 of a sec/ft. Can?t get any faster with consumer fuse. It?s available online. Works great, in my opinion. Just make sure it says ?Hobby? in it and that is white.

I think the "Quick Hobby Fuse" is all you are going to find which is just as good as the old gray fast fuse. I believe the gray fast fuse was pulled from the market because of the ease of side ignition. The newer white fuse is basically the same thing, only lacquered to help prevent side ignition.

Honestly, I think quickmatch is somewhat overrated and the consumer quick fuse works just fine for most applications. It's also easier to work with, safer and generally more reliable when trying to pass fire to visco.