PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Copyright Issues

esgrillo
10-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Anyone else get flagged in the last week? I had several videos flagged (erroneously I may add) for copyright issues on my videos? For example I had a few blocked for one song that if you search on their copyright rule page are fine to use without restriction yet are causing a video to be blocked when their infringement algorithm ran recently.

Several have been posted for years and I never try to monetize the videos as that can also cause them to be blocked.

A tad frustrating when it appears you are following their rules yet videos can be blocked what appears to be indiscriminately. I am appealing but that process poses its' own problems.

bigred00
10-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Maybe it?s because your shows are so amazing they thought you?re a pro! Seriously though, it sucks. Hope you work it out

displayfireworks1
10-03-2018, 07:29 PM
It is the music in the video. This is why I do not like to video when music is playing. I have had videos that were years old and all of a sudden I get a notice . Most of the time it means nothing except the owner of the song places a commercial on your video.

esgrillo
10-03-2018, 10:03 PM
It is the music in the video. This is why I do not like to video when music is playing. I have had videos that were years old and all of a sudden I get a notice . Most of the time it means nothing except the owner of the song places a commercial on your video.

Yes it is the music. The issue is that YouTube has a very extensive system to check all the music you use in advance to see the specific copyright restrictions for each some. Most have a restriction that does not allow users to monetize a video. That's pretty common but I know that and never monetize anything. I check every song before use and there were no issues and recheck this week and there are still supposedly no issues.

I believe there is an error on their end and there is an appeal process but it is a PIA. Oh well, just have to deal with it but was wondering if others were seeing the same.