PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

biged17
09-25-2018, 06:36 PM
Hello All, and thanks for adding me to the site. (long read)

I stumbled across this site several months ago after searching and researching some fireworks materials and ideas. We always had a place to purchase but decided to branch out. I?m happy to stumble across this site because it is very informative.

I would consider myself on the novice end of the fireworks scene, although we've been getting consumer fireworks for over a dozen years now and just lit them off for our 4th of July camping trips.

I'm considering myself a novice because we've only just begun being serious about them over the last 2-3 years. After watching youtube videos and learning how to safely fuse items together, it really peaked my interest more. Early this season I purchased mortar racks for reloadable shells and a firing system (P1200 and 36 cues) to light them more safely. Worth every red cent so far. Haha. And the shows were much better and was even able to watch them from the crowd, as I pushed buttons, lol.

The advertiser here I purchased from was Pyroboom. Very nice products, fairly priced and nice to deal with. It didn't hurt my budget because after researching the materials, I found them to be a good product at an affordable price and would recommend to other beginners looking to purchase that kind of product.

I was always interested in pro fireworks and getting licensed, but being in a non friendly fireworks state I never tried pursuing that option or thought it possible until now. After researching, reading threads on this site, reading your stories and watching some of Daves videos on the matter, I hope it will be possible.

To further my education on this, I will be attending Daves ATF fireworks licensing course and the Display Firework Shooters Certification Class at Kellners on Oct. 6th. And if all goes well I will continue my safety education for shooting and continue the Licensing process.

P.S.
Thanks for your patience if you read this whole thread, and
I would like to thank everyone in advance for any input or advice you may have for me. Thanks again and nice meeting you. - Ed

PyroJoeNEPA
09-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Hi Ed and welcome to Pyro Talk. What state do you live in?
Eric at Pyroboom is a top notch guy to deal with & the P1200 will let you get creative with what you do for even a small show.
The PGI DOC [so many acronyms?!!!] is a good way to get started.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-25-2018, 11:23 PM
Ed - Welcome aboard. Always nice to have fresh blood on the boards. Sounds like you have caught the pyro bug like the rest of us. So tell us about your show on the 4th. What products did you use? Where do you shoot? Have any show video to share? Are you a member of any pyro clubs in your area? That's where you're going to learn the most. If you're not a member, I'm sure someone on here can recommend a good club once you tell us where you live.

Again... Welcome aboard!

displayfireworks1
09-25-2018, 11:24 PM
You sound like you are on the right track. I'll see you at the ATF license class.

chriskrc
09-26-2018, 07:14 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

Wholesale Fireworks
10-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the forum Ed. If there is anything we can do to help, or answer any questions regarding anything related to consumer fireworks we will do our best.
Looking forward to speaking with you.

biged17
10-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Hi Ed and welcome to Pyro Talk. What state do you live in?
Eric at Pyroboom is a top notch guy to deal with & the P1200 will let you get creative with what you do for even a small show.
The PGI DOC [so many acronyms?!!!] is a good way to get started.

Thanks, CT

biged17
10-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Ed - Welcome aboard. Always nice to have fresh blood on the boards. Sounds like you have caught the pyro bug like the rest of us. So tell us about your show on the 4th. What products did you use? Where do you shoot? Have any show video to share? Are you a member of any pyro clubs in your area? That's where you're going to learn the most. If you're not a member, I'm sure someone on here can recommend a good club once you tell us where you live.

Again... Welcome aboard!

Thanks Rick.
mix of cakes 200G 500G, artillery shells, missiles. shoot in backyard and camp. some short vids on phones, nothing major to share yet haha...
i actually just joined PGI

Rick_In_Tampa
10-10-2018, 04:05 AM
i actually just joined PGI

That's great! Next year's convention will be in Gillette, Wyoming. We already have our hotel reservation set! It's going to be the 50th anniversary show, so it should be pretty spectacular. Plan to attend if you can!

Kenny East
10-10-2018, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the forum, the p1200 is a great system to get started with.

jknepp1954
10-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Biged- welcome to the forums. If you ever find yourself migrating to PA - stop by our store! Actually - if you made it to Kellners last week - you drove past our place! you probably also seen our signs on I -80

fatcat
10-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Welcome aboard BigEd. Great place to learn about pyro