PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotalk

displayfireworks1
09-13-2018, 08:24 AM
Hello, i am the NFA convention . I can see there is some sort of script running on pyrotalk causing it to run slow or delayed at time. I ask my webmaster to look at this but do not see anything changing. I found reloading the page seem to help at times. Since I'm out of town I need to delay correcting some of this. Sorry about these issue. Again, this all started with the migration of the site to a new hosting provider.

Mattp
09-13-2018, 09:34 AM
I thought it was my internet nOt working right... thanks dave, enjoy the convemtion

PyroJoeNEPA
09-14-2018, 11:50 AM
I also noticed the slow speed. Hope you can get all the bugs out soon. We are a patient lot [most of us at least!]. Enjoy the convention.

displayfireworks1
09-17-2018, 10:27 AM
To update , there are still issues with the pyrotalk website. Now that I am back from the NFA convention I started another service ticket. There are unable to immediately repair the website. They see database PHP etc errors. They escalated the ticket to senior people. Just to let everyone know I am continuing to work to solve the performance problems. I'm stuck in the middle between the host and my webmaster. I apologize for the delays. To recap this issues all started when my old hosting company went out of business and Site5 hosting bought my account. During the migration to Site5 is when all of this started. I see the pages not loading at times and the spinning wheel in the top left of the browser. If you click around on various pages it appears to load properly at least allowing some viewing and posting on the forums. Hopefully they will get moving quick and make the repair. I will continue to monitor

MtnViewPyro
09-17-2018, 11:55 AM
Today it seems to be working normal for me as far as loading time. Hopefully, that means they have figured something out. Thanks for the update and your continued efforts!

Mattp
09-17-2018, 12:33 PM
Today it seems to be working normal for me as far as loading time. Hopefully, that means they have figured something out. Thanks for the update and your continued efforts!

Not for me!!. But going backpage and reloading definitely helps.. ! Also i remeber you once saying how you have quite slow internet on a good day.. lol

PGH_Pyro
09-17-2018, 01:11 PM
yeah it's definetly very slow

MtnViewPyro
09-17-2018, 04:39 PM
Not for me!!. But going backpage and reloading definitely helps.. ! Also i remeber you once saying how you have quite slow internet on a good day.. lol

Yes! My normal speed is rather slow. I’ve actually used three different devices today. My cell is still really bad, my iPad much better, and my pc is like it used to be. However, all are much quicker today than the last week+. My fast might be slow to you guys though lol.

displayfireworks1
09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Update: I am bringing in yet another expert to attempt to correct the issues with the pyrotalk website. Letting everyone know I am still attempting to fix the website.

displayfireworks1
09-19-2018, 05:53 AM
As I wake up this AM it looks like my expert has fixed the freezing issue on pyrotalk. The stray script seems to have also disappeared. I am trying to see if the missing 3 month forums data base returned? All of the banners appear to be working . Are there any others issues I am missing please post. We may finally be heading in the right direction

Bad Alibi Scott
09-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Working much better today Dave!!! Thanks for all you have done and continue to do to make this a great site.

yoshisbar
09-19-2018, 09:14 PM
see if you expert can figure out why I can't play ANY video you post. Embedded videos won't play only on your site.

displayfireworks1
09-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Are you using a phone or computer? I'm not seeing it on my end. Sounds like you may need to update browser or flash player. Anyone else have a recommendation?

Rick_In_Tampa
09-20-2018, 03:20 AM
The latency seems to have gone away finally, and everything appears to be working as I remember it once did. Yay!

yoshisbar
09-20-2018, 04:50 PM
Are you using a phone or computer? I'm not seeing it on my end. Sounds like you may need to update browser or flash player. Anyone else have a recommendation?

desktop, just show a black box on all videos...

yoshisbar
11-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Well you new company must be doing GOOD. Now I see ALL videos. I haven't changed anything and honestly it was just this site that I had that problem.. AND you got WAY over your previous people online... All good

displayfireworks1
11-03-2018, 10:19 PM
Glad to hear you can see the video now. I do now see the most ever people online at the same time number did increase. I believe it may be from the approaching Guy Fawkes fireworks holiday in the United Kingdom and elsewhere as they visit the website.