PDA

View Full Version : Pyrotalk Forums Back Online

displayfireworks1
09-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Thank you all for your patience during the forums downtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCofSXZ5-xk
Please consider friending me on Facebook to receive updates in the event the forums are not working. You cannot see my Facebook posting unless we are friends This is backup plan #1 for updates.
https://www.facebook.com/daviddesafey

PYRODAN
09-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Thank God PT is back up!

HamHands
09-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Ditto here!

Big Worm
09-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Finally the gangs back together! Now I go on with my normal routine. Thanks Dave

PyroMike79
09-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Technology is a great thing...when it works! Glad to see things back up and running.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-06-2018, 12:29 AM
Tranquility has returned to the force once again... Ahhhh..... :cool:

Icooclast
09-06-2018, 03:26 AM
i thought the old girl was gone for good *sniffles* *sniffles* glad to see we are back up

displayfireworks1
09-06-2018, 04:36 AM
Good morning, here is an update on the forums. The new host Site5 may have rolled back the database when I ask them to correct the errors that occurred during the migration. We see how well that worked out. since my confidence level in their services is very low. I am afraid to ask them to attempt correcting this. The expert I brought in gave me some recommendations but I do not want to risk it at this time. Its a shame we are not seeing the July 4th 2018 holiday postings. If you really thing about the forums, they are a forward progressive posting event with an occasional look at the historic data, we should be to get past the missing 3 months data. I am also going to migrate the site again in the near future to a new host I have more confidence in, hopefully with a USA based phone support to correct issues. This type of hosting is very costly but necessary to keep things running smoothly. The missing postings from May, 18 to September may be able to be recovered by the new host. That is the update to this point.

Kenny East
09-06-2018, 04:57 AM
Glad they were able to get most of it back!

joewad
09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
I was on the paranoid side thinking one of the recent banned members had done a hack job on the site. Glad it was not and glad you are up.

MtnViewPyro
09-07-2018, 04:48 PM
I was on the paranoid side thinking one of the recent banned members had done a hack job on the site. Glad it was not and glad you are up.

Lol I was thinking the same.

MtnViewPyro
09-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Has anyone been having little problems getting on the last two days. I’ve been able to get on, but not directly. I’ve had to login, then just put something in the search and then click on something, after this I’m able to view the forums. However, if I just go straight to the forums, my browser just acts as though it is loading and never reaches the forums, eventually just gives me a blank page with bulletin and tab buttons. Might just be something on my end.

PyroMike79
09-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Has anyone been having little problems getting on the last two days. I?ve been able to get on, but not directly. I?ve had to login, then just put something in the search and then click on something, after this I?m able to view the forums. However, if I just go straight to the forums, my browser just acts as though it is loading and never reaches the forums, eventually just gives me a blank page with bulletin and tab buttons. Might just be something on my end.

I am able to get on but the load time is excessive-like leave the room and do something else for 10 minutes while it loads excessive.

bigred00
09-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Me too. Slow on desktop Chrome but no issues on my iPhone (also chrome)

MtnViewPyro
09-11-2018, 12:38 PM
I am able to get on but the load time is excessive-like leave the room and do something else for 10 minutes while it loads excessive.

Thanks, was thinking it was me.

MtnViewPyro
09-11-2018, 12:39 PM
Me too. Slow on desktop Chrome but no issues on my iPhone (also chrome)

I’m the opposite lol. Desktop is better, iPhone is the worst.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Took 4 tries to login tonight. Forum messages loading slow, but not prohibitively so.

PYRODAN
09-12-2018, 05:47 AM
I have the same issue. All pages are very slow to load in the forums.

MtnViewPyro
09-13-2018, 12:11 PM
Took 4 tries to login tonight. Forum messages loading slow, but not prohibitively so.

I should have emailed you during outage for my daily pyro fix lol.

MtnViewPyro
09-13-2018, 12:14 PM
I have the same issue. All pages are very slow to load in the forums.

Same here. I haven’t tried to upload a picture, I’m afraid to think of the time it would take. Possibly, it will be quicker haha.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-18-2018, 06:03 AM
I should have emailed you during outage for my daily pyro fix lol.

I had the shakes too buddy!! Had to run out to the garage and handle some July 4th leftovers just to come back down again.

Feeling much better now though. :cool:

MtnViewPyro
09-18-2018, 07:59 AM
I had the shakes too buddy!! Had to run out to the garage and handle some July 4th leftovers just to come back down again.

Feeling much better now though. :cool:

Haha, having leftovers is always nice to scratch the itch on a cool fall evening.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-20-2018, 02:53 AM
Haha, having leftovers is always nice to scratch the itch on a cool fall evening.

Unfortunately my cool fall evenings don't get here until Feb. But I get your point.