PDA

View Full Version : New “Illegal” Fireworks snitching website ispyfireworks

O-H-Pyro 95
06-14-2018, 11:10 PM
I don’t live in Clark county Nevada but I was browsing through YouTube for news stories of illegal fireworks stories to see what the whining media has to say and saw something concerning.

Similar to what Salinas,California is doing with their TNT sponsored fireworks snitching app that dave showed us a couple years back, Clark county Nevada has a new websit “Ispyfireworks” to report the use of fireworks and basically snitch and turn in your neighbors on the fourth for fireworks

Really? Is this what it comes down to it’s almost like living in a communist state in which you get tattled on and the government takes you away for tyranny.

What are your thoughts about this? Seems like a wast and I’m surprised that Ohio hasn’t done something similar. Although we’re close to legalizing fireworks at this point.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-14-2018, 11:56 PM
I think pyro's should unite and do something to stop these kinds of websites from doing what they want to do. Something like flooding the website with the addresses of every pizza place in town. Maybe add in every gas station and post office. If the site is flooded with reports, it will effectively be useless for it's stated purpose.

upNdown
06-15-2018, 09:57 AM
What's the point of the websites? Are police going to shoot out there as soon as it's posted, to catch you in the act? If they do, what's the penalty?
In Massachusetts, its almost seems like a who cares situation, which is ironic since it's also one of the states with the strictest regulations. But if you get caught, they'll confiscate your fireworks, and you could face a maximum fine of $100.
It's a good argument for a single fuse show. If the police do show up, they can't confiscate them!

NWA_Fireworks
06-15-2018, 10:31 AM
I think pyro's should unite and do something to stop these kinds of websites from doing what they want to do. Something like flooding the website with the addresses of every pizza place in town. Maybe add in every gas station and post office. If the site is flooded with reports, it will effectively be useless for it's stated purpose.

I can't believe you would suggest such a thing, Rick. I don't know anyone who would participate in your devious, mischievous, masterfully-crafted, likely-to-be successful, brilliantly hilarious scheme.

PYRODAN
06-15-2018, 12:28 PM
I like the way you think Rick!!!!

Zippster
06-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Excellent idea.
Love how our country provides for illegal drug use but villainizes people shooting fireworks?

It's a good argument for a single fuse show. If the police do show up, they can't confiscate them!

Or FIRE ALL button on electronic firing... I have Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture on my music available just in case of this. lmao

jsifue2
06-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Looks like the county was tired of taking illegal firework complaints over their 911 emergency lines, so they came up with the website. They want to keep their lines cleared for actual emergencies, not people complaining about someone lighting firecrackers.

I guarantee those illegal fireworks complaints are back burner for them. Terrible waste of resources that could be used for more pressing matters imo.

MontanaMike
06-15-2018, 05:51 PM
I tried visiting the "I spy" website just out of curiosity and its link is dead. I even tried a link from a news article about it, still no luck. Maybe it's been taken down?

wingman
06-15-2018, 08:30 PM
I tried visiting the "I spy" website just out of curiosity and its link is dead. I even tried a link from a news article about it, still no luck. Maybe it's been taken down?

My guess it recognizes your IP address and could only be available to those within the county.

Which makes me glad we live in Montana.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-16-2018, 12:26 AM
I can't believe you would suggest such a thing, Rick. I don't know anyone who would participate in your devious, mischievous, masterfully-crafted, likely-to-be successful, brilliantly hilarious scheme.

I'm looking for volunteers. ;)

I like the way you think Rick!!!!

I can't stop the voices in my head...

Excellent idea.
Love how our country provides for illegal drug use but villainizes people shooting fireworks?

Or FIRE ALL button on electronic firing... I have Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture on my music available just in case of this. lmao

Personally, I'm holding out for recreational LSD to make a comeback. That and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture would make for a phenomenal show!!

joewad
06-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Personally, I'm holding out for recreational LSD to make a comeback. That and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture would make for a phenomenal show!![/QUOTE]

Now you're talkin Rick, a little window pane would liven things up

PGH_Pyro
06-18-2018, 11:37 AM
it never went away.
lots of that around from what i read.