PDA

View Full Version : Help for Wiring Mines

jeffd
06-13-2018, 12:24 PM
I hope someone can help me wire my mines properly. I would like them to go off nearly one after another. In the past the results I get are that the first one or two will go off and then the fuse breaks and the last 18 or so do not. This has happened repeatedly over the past 3 years, so I know I must be doing something wrong.

I don't have the outputs to fire them electronically, so I was hoping someone could suggest how to wire the fuses so they don't break and stop the effect.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Do not run your main fuse over the top of the mortar tubes. Instead, keep it off to one side. This will help. Also, how are you securing your individual mines to the main fuse? zip ties, magic tape, masking tape? A little more info would be helpful in determining what is causing the fuse blow by. Are you using critical acclaims or a different mine?

jeffd
06-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Sorry about the lack of info, will try to fill in the details. I tried over the top, that failed as you said. The next two years, tried moving it to the side, still a fail. I am using Spirit of 76, this is one of there own "branded" mines. Link: https://www.76fireworks.com/MN105_Magnum_Mines. I am using 8" HDPE tubes spaced about 5" apart. I use zip ties to secure, 3 zip ties per fuse, 1/2" apart.

Thanks for the help!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Sorry about the lack of info, will try to fill in the details. I tried over the top, that failed as you said. The next two years, tried moving it to the side, still a fail. I am using Spirit of 76, this is one of there own "branded" mines. Link: https://www.76fireworks.com/MN105_Magnum_Mines. I am using 8" HDPE tubes spaced about 5" apart. I use zip ties to secure, 3 zip ties per fuse, 1/2" apart.

Thanks for the help!
OK--what type/speed fuse are you using for your main/trunk fuse? I use a lot of the pink fast fuse for my "sky puke" finale racks but always double the fuse on each rack run. Fuse is cheap--a couple extra extra feet is a good insurance policy.

jeffd
06-13-2018, 03:55 PM
I am using the pink as well, I have not tried to use a double, that is a good idea, I will try and do a test run with that if I have enough product. Thanks for your help.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-13-2018, 07:34 PM
I am using the pink as well, I have not tried to use a double, that is a good idea, I will try and do a test run with that if I have enough product. Thanks for your help.

Glad to help--and, by the way--Welcome to Pyro Talk!

yoshisbar
06-13-2018, 09:07 PM
I tried double fusing with my memorial day show. If you watch the video I did with Dave, you saw I am a long fuse guy on the 3" shells. Now I do half on the firing system, and the other half in flight of 5 with the fuse doubled (only about a few bucks more fuse) EVERYTHING lit and fired fine. If you don't have the cues