PDA

View Full Version : Orange book

Mattp
06-13-2018, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know specifically where the book talks about the product having to be used or returned to storage within 24 hrs??? I thought i read it pretty good.. a few times.. but everytime i read through it i find something new or cant find something i thought i saw.... also interesting i just read in it.. under the definition of display firework. It says an aerial shell containing more than 40g of pyrotechnic composition,

Dmkaz
06-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Here's the exact regulation: Title 27 Part 555 and 27 CFR 555.205

"All explosive materials must be kept in locked magazines meeting the standards in this subpart unless they are:

(a) In the process of manufacture;
(b) Being physically handled in the operating process of a licensee or user;
(c) Being used; or
(d) Being transported to a place of storage or use by a licensee or permitee or by a person who has lawfully acquired explosive materials under 555.106."

Mattp
06-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Thanks, i actually did read that. But i thought there was more to it

PyroDre
06-14-2018, 04:56 PM
speaking of orange book

off the top of your head what kinda paperwork is required for product that is spent already, do you have to document the time and date of when it was shot for your ATF records...?

Mattp
06-14-2018, 10:14 PM
Not that i can tell.. maybe a more seasoned holder can chime in.. but pretty sure they just want all the info off of the fireworks themselves and the purchase receipts.. this is the sample sheet that they gave me.. but i removed the word sample and plan to use it as my record keeping paper.. also if you dont have storage.. it needs to be shot the day you purchase it..so that kind of dictates the date.. and if you do have storage.. then the storage record keeping will say the day it was taken out. And then need to be shot that day.. i was also thinking if they really want proof of discharge(which i doubt).. show them a time/date stamped video.. lol