PDA

View Full Version : My Fireworks/Tax Bill

Hartman
06-09-2018, 02:21 PM
So I actually looked at my receipt for my first fireworks purchase of the year. For what this is worth. Purchased in Bunker Hill, West Virginia. $438.99 for fireworks. Tax1 $52.32. Tax 2 $26.34 Total Tax $78.66. Out the door total $517.65 Better be some new roads next time I head to West Virginia

Pyro6
06-09-2018, 04:00 PM
PA is no better....a little over 18% total tax on fireworks. Crazy.

displayfireworks1
06-09-2018, 09:29 PM
I do not have a link to the article however, I believe it is Phantom Fireworks that started a court case against the State of Pennsylvania citing the new fireworks tax is unconstitutional. From what I read , they are predicted to lose the lawsuit because the state legislature has great powers in setting laws. The upside of the new law in regard to fireworks for us as users is the UP TO $100.00 fine if we as users do something wrong. I really not sure what that means other than shooting fireworks with less than 150 feet of clearance. Does anyone know?

Hartman
06-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I do not have a link to the article however, I believe it is Phantom Fireworks that started a court case against the State of Pennsylvania citing the new fireworks tax is unconstitutional. From what I read , they are predicted to lose the lawsuit because the state legislature has great powers in setting laws. The upside of the new law in regard to fireworks for us as users is the UP TO $100.00 fine if we as users do something wrong. I really not sure what that means other than shooting fireworks with less than 150 feet of clearance. Does anyone know?

I'm sure Phantom has good lawyers, problem is the Legislative Branch of Pennsylvania has lawyers that went to Harvard and Yale

Mattp
06-10-2018, 08:11 PM
. I really not sure what that means other than shooting fireworks with less than 150 feet of clearance. Does anyone know?

Possibly using them under the influence.. or on public land??, maybe after a certain time at night..lighting them on your head.. lol.. Im sure theyll find a slew of good resons for giving out fines.. lot of dumb dumbs out there who dont use common sense.

Hartman
06-10-2018, 08:24 PM
I doubt you would see many fines handed out for the most part, except for the knuckleheads who light off stuff in the church parking lot on Sunday morning or the idiots lighting cakes at your local daycare. Then I would throw the book at em

Rick_In_Tampa
06-12-2018, 12:33 AM
For the life of me I don't know why anyone would pay 18% in tax on your order, when you can have them shipped to your door from another state for less. The shipping charge on my order was about 9% of my order total. That's like 3-4 more cases of pyro!

PyroManiacs
06-12-2018, 12:58 AM
For the life of me I don't know why anyone would pay 18% in tax on your order...

Which is why I intend to go to Ohio. ;) Plus its the closest store for the product I want anyway.

joewad
06-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Indiana calls it a safety tax and adds 5% to the purchase besides their 7% sales tax. Hurts the mom and pop shops.