PDA

View Full Version : By Now everyone's house is full of fireworks LOL

PyroDre
06-07-2018, 09:44 AM
It's that time of year!

People are getting in their orders... stashes are growing. Am I the only one concerned by the shear amount of fireworks stored in the house/garage ? LOL!!

What are you guys doing to keep your 1.4 cool and dry this year.

kingsixx
06-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Half of my stuff (recent arrivals) is in a corner of the garage. Leftovers from last year and cakes that I purchased after last years show is in the attic space above the garage.

upNdown
06-07-2018, 12:59 PM
The ignition temperature of black powder and flash power are over 600 degrees and 800 degrees respectively, so if fireworks go off in somebody's home, there's already something bad going on. That said, all my fireworks are in my buddy's shed, so I don't have any concerns. :)

MtnViewPyro
06-07-2018, 01:21 PM
All my orders for this year will be arriving the 16th and 17th. Stuff from last year are in garage. I’m having a hard time staying cool though building racks lol.

PyroDre
06-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Half of my stuff (recent arrivals) is in a corner of the garage. Leftovers from last year and cakes that I purchased after last years show is in the attic space above the garage.

thought abut the attic but i thought it might be super hot up there

PyroDre
06-07-2018, 02:51 PM
The ignition temperature of black powder and flash power are over 600 degrees and 800 degrees respectively, so if fireworks go off in somebody's home, there's already something bad going on. That said, all my fireworks are in my buddy's shed, so I don't have any concerns. :)

nice! LOL....

Rick_In_Tampa
06-07-2018, 05:29 PM
Like most everyone else, all my stuff is in the garage. Until Memorial day weekend I had a nice A/C leak from the blower in the garage that kept my garage nice and cool. Unfortunately, the compressor seized up on Saturday of that weekend and $7500 later, my garage is nice and steamy again!! Yay. I've been matching cakes since and still have a long way to go, but all is well. I don't see any issues with the new temp. Like upNdown said, if it gets over 600F in there, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Jay_
06-07-2018, 07:32 PM
I had been storing them in my camper, and some in my storm shelter until last weekend, but moved everything to the garage. Going to the lake this weekend and didn’t think I’d have much fun sleeping on top of them.

I’ll be damned if I move them again, so they are going to live in the garage for the rest of the duration

Kenny East
06-08-2018, 02:09 AM
I store all my 1.4 in a shed, stored in boxes or totes stacked on pallets. Cover the whole skid with a light weight drop cloth in case any random leaks pop up.
Keep a tote of smaller stuff in the shop as well as fuse, sticky match, and a few other pyro related supplies.
The shed has vents at the rear top as well as a slotted vent near the bottom of the door, good ventilation... Stays nice and dry

pimpdaddee28
06-08-2018, 04:38 AM
I keep my stash in the basement, which I keep cool with a portable air conditioning unit. It's the coolest room in my house, so it's the best place to keep my stash.

nayslayer
06-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Mine are in my basement bar area. I just hope the cigars don't light it up one night, Ha