View Full Version : Local township fireworks permit.

hawkeye0323
06-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Hello,
When I emailed My local township the permit official said there is no fireworks law or permit.

What should I do regarding the ATF. What do I need to do for the paperwork side? When I go to renew my 54 they want to see documents.

Thanks

PTFan
06-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Save a copy of the email for your ATF records.

hawkeye0323
06-04-2018, 05:18 PM
That's easy. Just didn't want to do something and upset them.

Mattp
06-04-2018, 10:47 PM
I feel that your purchase/acquisition/storage records are whats most important to them .

cherrybomb1
06-04-2018, 11:18 PM
I feel that your purchase/acquisition/storage records are whats most important to them .

That's what my inspector told me...there not worried about permits or insurance that's all up to your that state you live in.

hawkeye0323
06-05-2018, 05:59 PM
That's good information. I thought they wanted receipts, where they were used and magazine records if needed.

displayfireworks1
06-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Concentrate on accurate bookkeeping records of purchase, storage and disposition of 1.3 product. You can have 100 fireworks permits or no fireworks permits it is not their chief area of concern. If you have permits and lost your 1.3 purchase receipt, you just made a mistake. I'm not sure where this excessive need to prove you are legitimate user of 1.3 product originates from. To properly answer this question I need to make a video and talk. I just can't type all that needs said.

hawkeye0323
06-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Can't wait to see your answer. Thanks

djsmurf
06-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Local township in PA where I shoot did the same thing. I just made one for them that they were happy with and we both signed. Still use it to this day without issue.

hawkeye0323
06-13-2018, 01:52 PM
I got an email from the township this morning. 2 weeks after the previous email exchange.

As a follow up to recent emails regarding fireworks, and the recent enactment of Act 43, be advised that professional fireworks are called "display fireworks" in the act and include salutes that contain more than two grains or 130 milligrams of explosive materials, and professional-grade aerial shells containing more than 60 grams of pyrotechnic compositions. They are also known as 1.3G Fireworks. These types of fireworks may only to be purchased, stored, and used by federally licensed professionals. This is the only type of fireworks display that requires a municipal permit. ********** Township does not issue permits for the use of professional grade fireworks. If you use such professional grade without a municipal permit, you will be considered in violation of Act 43.

Is this true?
Thanks

Mattp
06-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Their statement is very contradictory to itself.. so theyre saying 1.3 fireworks require a municipal permit
But the township doesnt give permits for them.. but if you ise them without a permit your in violation.. sooooooo... WTF does that mean.. is there a difference between the township and the municipality??? Maybe you need to apply for it with them..

hawkeye0323
06-13-2018, 08:46 PM
I think the township is the people who give them out. New to this so I don't know.

yoshisbar
06-13-2018, 08:58 PM
my 2 cents, I am not an attorney, just a real world guy. Shoot your show, make sure the ATF knows where your product went, done. These townships have no clue when it comes to these things, ALOT of them have no fireworks ordinances, well because, only if it is a problem, and they can make ALOT of money from them, do they enact one. I ran into this for a few years in my area. My advise shoot it, don't piss people off, you will be fine. If you do I BELIEVE the fine is $100, I case of thunder Kings? And move on.. 5 years in a spot that they said don't do that, and no problems to date. (and have had state troopers sit across the street and watch the show!)..

hawkeye0323
06-13-2018, 09:13 PM
I highly don't they would even know the difference between 1.3 and 1.4. I'm not going to do anything big. 90% 1.4 and Maybe a few 1.4 cakes

Mattp
06-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Agreed!!!!

kingsixx
06-19-2018, 09:34 PM
They probably have no clue and just copied and pasted that response to you from somewhere else. I read what they wrote and it contradicts itself. I also believe that sometimes too many questions and too many inquires draws attention to yourself whereas if you didn't say anything they would be none the wiser.