PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Audio Box Question

ChrisTurner
06-01-2018, 09:09 PM
I have an 18r2 and audio box. I have the cobra show creator and upload the script to the 18r2 all works great. I have an USB in the audio box. It plays just fine when I push the test button however when I start the show the music doesn't play???

ChrisTurner
06-01-2018, 09:46 PM
Scott is on the Ball. He sent me an email and within seconds told me what the problem was. It was my fault. Lol . I will continue to support Cobra as long as I shoot.

displayfireworks1
06-02-2018, 06:57 AM
Glad to hear it worked out for you. I was also glad to hear you acknowledge "It was my fault". I suspect as with most complex equipment , most errors are user errors. This is why a good attribute to have as a professional pyro-technician is troubleshooting skills. A story comes to mind of bad troubleshooting skills. LOL My wife tried to open the passenger side door of my truck once before the vehicle was completely stopped and it did not work. Instead of pulling the handle a second time , she said there is something wrong with your door it will not open. The safety mechanism will not allow the door to open if the vehicle is moving, however if you pull it twice, it will work the second time. I gave a woman at work a Lexmark computer printer once, the next day she told me the printer did not work, I found that unusual because I knew it was still new. After a series of questions I discovered she did not plug it in. I think of her every-time I read a set of directions and it starts with , be sure to plug the device in. LOL Wait, both of those troubleshooting stories are about women, LOL I'll think of a man one next time.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Let me guess... The name of your MP3 file on your thumb drive was different than the name you used in your script file, right?!

Ask me how I know that.... Lol..... :rolleyes:

Rick_In_Tampa
06-04-2018, 05:21 PM
I gave a woman at work a Lexmark computer printer once, the next day she told me the printer did not work, I found that unusual because I knew it was still new. After a series of questions I discovered she did not plug it in.

Sorry... I know it's off topic, but since you mentioned it...

When I was a lowlife E-5 at Dover AFB in Delaware I was a Network Admin for our unit. There was a Lieutenant Colonel down in the front office who couldn't spell IT. Every day he would jack something up and then call me to fix it. But while I was fixing it, I'd have to listen to how I couldn't run a network and how he's sick of everything not working, etc. One day he called and his printer wasn't working. He called me and gave me an earful and told me it needed to be fixed ASAP. I went down to his office and immediately saw the problem. Before I could say anything he laid into me (as usual). So I just stood there and listened. When he was done I casually walked over to the printer and told him, "It works better when you turn the f---ing thing on!" as I flipped on the power switch. I just KNEW that was the end of my career. That was WAY out of line, even though I was right. I turned and walked out and he never said another word to me after that. Nothing ever came of it. I dodged a huge bullet!

ChrisTurner
06-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Let me guess... The name of your MP3 file on your thumb drive was different than the name you used in your script file, right?!

Ask me how I know that.... Lol..... :rolleyes:

That was a very good guess. Lol