PDA

View Full Version : FanSweep Question

MtnViewPyro
05-30-2018, 03:46 PM
I’m working out a plan for my show and that involves building a few racks for slices and sweeps. I already have some 7s fanslices and 13s fansweeps that are left over from last year. Can some of you that order from 76 chime in and verify that all the 13s (25mm) are the same size? For instance, I have on order some 13s FanSweep crossettes. I’m assuming they are, but don’t want to build something and it be way off in size.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Here's a pic posted by PYRODAN of how he made his fan racks. (Thanks Dan!!)

I don't see any reason why you can't put all different size fans in something like this. They're all sandwiched together supporting one another. So there's no need for side walls.

I have all different size fan slices in my show this year and this is how I plan on securing them.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3072&stc=1

Jay_
05-30-2018, 04:43 PM
I know it’s not much help, but the Dominator crosette slices are very different (smaller) than the standard slices.

The design above would work for sure, but If you are looking to do a different design with board slats seperating the slices, you may want to wait on them.

MtnViewPyro
05-30-2018, 05:14 PM
Here's a pic posted by PYRODAN of how he made his fan racks. (Thanks Dan!!)

I don't see any reason why you can't put all different size fans in something like this. They're all sandwiched together supporting one another. So there's no need for side walls.

I have all different size fan slices in my show this year and this is how I plan on securing them.

Yeah that might be what I do. Wouldn’t run into problems that way.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-30-2018, 08:28 PM
Yeah that might be what I do. Wouldn’t run into problems that way.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Why fuss with dividers and side panels when you're working with different size fans, when you can just sandwich them all together and call it a day!?

joed2323
05-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Set the first fansweep down on ground, If you take three stakes. Two stakes facing the crowd, pound them in, and put the second stake directly behind in the middle of the other two stakes. Once you do this you can pretty much just line the slices/,sweeps all up this way, a CPL stakes here and their for added stability and your all set. Just make sure you alternate ends on where the quick match is going into each slice so you don't get any accidental crossfire .No building slice racks unless you guys prefer to build more racks?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-30-2018, 08:39 PM
joed2323 - Great idea. However, the reason I'm going to sandwich them together like in the picture is I can build out all 9 fan stations in advance and then just set them in place on the 4th. I'm a 1 man pyro-crew so anything I can do to save some time is critical.

Stormcrow
05-30-2018, 09:50 PM
joed2323 - Great idea. However, the reason I'm going to sandwich them together like in the picture is I can build out all 9 fan stations in advance and then just set them in place on the 4th. I'm a 1 man pyro-crew so anything I can do to save some time is critical.

I’m with rick saves time and exhaustion for shoot day. Staking is exhausting and time consuming.

MtnViewPyro
05-30-2018, 11:09 PM
I just need an assistant lol.

cptnding
05-31-2018, 12:07 AM

9 fan stations? Damn man how big is your front? I'm looking forward to seeing that video!

Kenny East
05-31-2018, 05:05 AM
I need an assistant as well...lol every year the show gets bigger, more setup, more prep, and more running on the day of the show.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-31-2018, 08:05 PM
9 fan stations? Damn man how big is your front? I'm looking forward to seeing that video!

I'm planning a left, center, right setup that's 4 mods deep (12 total mods). Should be epic if all goes as planned.

Berserker23
05-31-2018, 11:46 PM
I'm planning a left, center, right setup that's 4 mods deep (12 total mods). Should be epic if all goes as planned.

Yeah and hopefully it doesn’t rain because this year in Florida it’s been a rainy season so far I’ve been on a streak with the rain 3 years in a row

cptnding
06-01-2018, 02:22 AM
Yeah and hopefully it doesn’t rain because this year in Florida it’s been a rainy season so far I’ve been on a streak with the rain 3 years in a row

I feel your pain. North GA isn't quite as bad but rain is pretty much a given most days in July. Especially around the 4th

Rick_In_Tampa
06-01-2018, 03:37 PM

It's been absolutely ridiculous so far this year! I cut my lawn on Friday last week and by Sunday it needed cut again. The one thing you can count on for the 4th of July in Florida is rain. Just as long as it stops by 9pm I'll be okay.

PYRODAN
06-01-2018, 10:56 PM
You can use my pics anytime Rick! Looking foreword to seeing you show. My show is going to be way smaller than last year unfortunately. But I am talking to a guy about teaming up with him for 2020. (that's when fireworks become legal in Ohio)

Rick_In_Tampa
06-04-2018, 05:30 PM
Thanks PYRODAN!! A show of ANY size is a good time IMHO. I just can't wait to smell the smoke again!! I hope everything works out with your pyro-partner. Collaborating on a purpose-built show would be awesome. I figure I'll just make my show bigger and bigger until the cops show up and haul me off to the clink. Your show site is amazing. I'm very excited for you Ohio guys. I think it's way overdue.