PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer?

Zippster
05-24-2018, 12:28 PM
I've seen it discussed many times but havent seen a clear cut winner.

In your shows, do you prefer to Sky Puke or Not?

Zippster
05-24-2018, 12:30 PM
Personally while I dont mind some puke in the finales, I prefer to shoot somewhat slower and let everyone enjoy each shell/cake for what they do.

joed2323
05-24-2018, 01:09 PM
Only in the finale!

It's good to change the pace of your show. No one wants a slow show. A heavy hard hitting never let up type of show is cool but it gets to be too much and gets boring

Rollercoaster effect is what your shooting for

ChrisTurner
05-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself

MtnViewPyro
05-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Yeah the finale needs to be crazy. I think the crowd is expecting sky puke at the end anyways.

Zippster
05-24-2018, 02:06 PM
Only in the finale!

It's good to change the pace of your show. No one wants a slow show. A heavy hard hitting never let up type of show is cool but it gets to be too much and gets boring

Thats what I pretty much do, I use music ( ooooohhhh lol ) so I pick points in songs to liven things up a bit. Still not pukey but a decent overlap.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-24-2018, 03:37 PM
The show should (IMHO anyway) have a theme. Especially if you have music. Sky puke is great for the finale, but no where else. In fact, it's a complete waste of money if your entire show is puke.

Zippster
05-24-2018, 06:22 PM
The show should (IMHO anyway) have a theme. Especially if you have music. Sky puke is great for the finale, but no where else. In fact, it's a complete waste of money if your entire show is puke.

Couldnt agree more. I did 80's theme last year and 70's for this one.

RalphieJ
05-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Only in the finale!

Precisely!

fatcat
05-24-2018, 10:58 PM
In the finale. Great way to let the audience know the show is over

Kenny East
05-25-2018, 03:57 AM
Only in the finale, but I have had some boards cross fire and make a nice sky puke false finale...

Zippster
05-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Only in the finale, but I have had some boards cross fire and make a nice sky puke false finale...

LMAO, been there done that. You sit there and go...oh crap thats not supposed to be going. Then of course after the show when people come up and say "loved that one section/song, thought it was the finale" just take credit. :cool:

FireworkNewbie
05-25-2018, 11:38 AM
Looking back now, how would you have prevented the cross fire?

Zippster
05-26-2018, 11:34 PM
Looking back now, how would you have prevented the cross fire?

Mine was just a couple "hot" sparky cakes way too close to the others.

Kenny East
05-27-2018, 01:26 AM
It cross fired due to the type of quick match i was using... The paper only wrap 1.4 stuff. I now do a better job taping all the exposed areas with foil tape or packing tape. My board this year went great... Didn't get any video.. Had to hand light everything. System shot a shell randomly, so I powered down the new module I was testing. Took the torch to the rest, a lot louder than I remember hand lighting being.

Zippster
05-29-2018, 03:11 PM
PUKE starting to pull away.

MontanaMike
05-29-2018, 08:54 PM
Since we are a 1.4 show, my biggest worry/problem is cakes not lasting as long as they're supposed to. Yet I try to avoid overlap as much as possible, so it's a game of guessing mostly. I've pretty much given up on trying to match "bangs" with the music...we just try to have something in the air all the time. We usually reserve about a dozen mortars that we can just fire at random if there are dead spots in the show. (It's amazing how long an unscheduled 5 second gap seems when you're watching your show!)

I put a lot of work into editing the songs for our show. I don't just play songs end-to-end - I use anywhere from 20 seconds to maybe 90 seconds of each song, at most. Thus our show last year had something like 23 songs in it. That way the crowd never gets tired of any particular piece of music. I tend to use anything from classic rock to dance stuff, all upbeat with one "slower" section in the middle and another short "slow" section before the big finale. I try to beat-match as much as possible so it has a natural flow to it. I would have to say I'm better at music editing than I am at fireworks programming, but improvements are always the goal!

PGH_Pyro
05-31-2018, 03:21 PM
save the sky vomit for the end/finale