PDA

View Full Version : What size shell do you think this is?

MtnViewPyro
05-22-2018, 10:44 PM
I’m not good at guessing shell size. I’m just curious. Really pretty stuff they had.

Mattp
05-23-2018, 08:27 AM
Oh man.. the disney shows are insane.. Disney is the largest consumer of fireworks in the world!!! I saw a speacial on it... i forget now. And i could be wrong. but i dont think they shoot anything over 8"

Mattp
05-23-2018, 08:36 AM
This is an older video i cant find the more recent one i saw.. but im pretty sure nowadays. They actually use compressed air for the lift.. and instead of a time fuse there an electrical chip inside to spark the burst.. so they can be 100% precise with there timing. .if you cant tell.. i still love Disney.. lol.

https://youtu.be/A8YPD_X5JKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8YPD_X5JKY&feature=youtu.be

jamisonlm3
05-23-2018, 09:50 AM
MtnViewPyro, where were you at when you got that picture? My guess is it's probably at least a 4" shell and maybe a 5" one. That castle is a small miniature surrounded by park and attractions. I doubt they're shooting anywhere close to all of that. You can look at google maps in satellite view and guess where they were shooting from.

Mattp
05-23-2018, 11:41 AM
MtnViewPyro, where were you at when you got that picture? My guess is it's probably at least a 4" shell and maybe a 5" one. That castle is a small miniature surrounded by park and attractions. I doubt they're shooting anywhere close to all of that. You can look at google maps in satellite view and guess where they were shooting from.

Thats disney.. They shoot from the rooftops of buildings around the castle and park

Mattp
05-23-2018, 11:43 AM
That coloring on the castle is all hologram.. they put on a pretty cool show just with the projection on the castle

Mattp
05-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Found one of the videos i saw.. largest they use is a 10".. even this video is old now. Doesnt have the hologram effects

https://youtu.be/wKZW94LzFM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZW94LzFM8&feature=youtu.be

MtnViewPyro
05-23-2018, 01:41 PM
Yeah it was really awesome Mattp. That was the one request I made to my wife if we went to Florida lol, was to see the fireworks there. I got a video of the entire show, but dont have any of my other stuff here to put on my channel. I will put it on my channel the weekend after Memorial Day weekend. Anybody that likes fireworks should see this show though.

jamisonlm3
05-23-2018, 01:58 PM
I guess they shoot larger stuff back aways to give the illusion that it's being shot right behind the castle for the audience. The smaller stuff is shot from the rooftops closer to the audience, but still at a safe distance?

MtnViewPyro
05-23-2018, 05:58 PM
I guess they shoot larger stuff back aways to give the illusion that it's being shot right behind the castle for the audience. The smaller stuff is shot from the rooftops closer to the audience, but still at a safe distance?

It seems like that was what was going on. All I know is the show was great. The other stuff at the park was nice and all, but when the show was about to start, I was the little kid lol.

ChrisTurner
05-23-2018, 06:58 PM
We went during Halloween and it was great. We love the projection mapping with the fireworks. On the second night we ate upstairs in the castle while they were shooting the fireworks win downtown seat it was incredible. They dim the lights and play the music same as outside. The mines and comets were on the roof. I also think they automatically sprayed water on roofs before the show

Mattp
05-23-2018, 09:45 PM
Ya. I get like a little kid every time i go there.. my mother n law lives not to far from there.. so we go visit every summer. And take a one day trip to disney.. it really does make me happy there.. hahaha. Especially that fireworks show.. and.. there was another video that shows the bigger stuff is back a little lways.. heard that halloween show is really cool too amd a totally different than the "ever after" show

PyroDre
05-23-2018, 10:08 PM
they shoot up to 10's in Anaheim.. i actually talked to one of the guys that shoots the show last month when i was out there. they have magazines on site. every shell is matched individually. hell they don't even use a lift charge for the 8's and 10's they use a air lift system..

pistolus
05-25-2018, 01:54 AM
PyroDre, Yes I've seen more modern videos about Disney's pyrotechnics and they use and air lift system and a computer chip inside the shell to ignite it.. Wild.

PGH_Pyro
05-29-2018, 01:43 PM
either 8" or 10"