PDA

View Full Version : What’s your favorite aerial effect and why?

Mauro
05-20-2018, 05:08 PM
Favorite effect or effect combo. Why? I’m sure that ever since you started you have changed and learned to appreciate effects you never paid attention to before. Maybe you got a favorite color with a favorite effect. What cakes or shells? Maybe rockets? Maybe from a display?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2018, 07:13 PM
I'm still a big fan of crackle. I know it gets over-used in some cakes, but I like it.

Jay_
05-22-2018, 01:47 AM
Crackle.

There is nothing like hitting that big board in your finale and having the crackle cans, cakes ect...cap the finale off. It always is a fan favorite. It also co-insides with the collective crackle of corona bottles opening when the shoot is over and it’s time to recollect and relax.

I also am a big fan of brocade crown.

Comets are really growing on me as well. Very simplistic, beautiful and clean looking.

Kenny East
05-22-2018, 02:24 AM
Horse tails, nice brocades, sky mines, swimming stars. Planning on ending my memorial day show with 108 shots of brocade horse tail.... Made some horse tail with color ring shells. Kinda like a cloud 9

Kenny East
05-22-2018, 02:27 AM
As for the reason why I like horse tail, just a simple and nice effect... Not too loud, not too flashy... Just elegant and looks nice

liame
05-22-2018, 07:24 AM
breaks with a good strobe, have always loved that effect.

RalphieJ
05-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Charcoal crossettes.

Icooclast
05-22-2018, 08:58 AM
i like willows, especially when they streach so far down it looks like they are going to touch the ground.

Zippster
05-22-2018, 10:48 AM
Add another for breaks and strobes, especially on a really dark launch site.

pimpdaddee28
05-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Brocade Crown and also Chrysanthemum with Crackle.

Mauro
05-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Yea Crackle has grown on me. At first was annoying but figured that if you do a lot of it it’s great. I also like strobe. I just think it’s awesome. I feel like I can’t die without doing a crackle-only show AND a strobe-only Show. I am starting to appreciate peonies. Good, round colorful peonies. I have a hard time distinguishing between willow and brocade... maybe because all manufacturers got the effects mixed up.

GyroPyro420
05-23-2018, 12:13 PM
I’m a fan of willows and crackle, I love seeing those draping branches followed up by a wall of crackle.

Mattp
05-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Funny.. peonys have grown on me also over the last few years.. but my favorite.. even visually
Titanium salute!!!!!!! Just something about that BOOM.. with the flash like a crack of lightning.. i love it!!!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Fellow thump junkie! Lol...

Robbro097
05-23-2018, 05:26 PM
I love glitter and strobe and if shooting a bunch of shots fast then colored fish that true blue blitz at kellners is awesome example to me

jamisonlm3
05-23-2018, 05:30 PM
I have a hard time distinguishing between willow and brocade... maybe because all manufacturers got the effects mixed up.I think they try and make them sound different from others to stand out.

Funny.. peonys have grown on me also over the last few years.. but my favorite.. even visually
Titanium salute!!!!!!! Just something about that BOOM.. with the flash like a crack of lightning.. i love it!!!I never atually cared for salutes untl I experienced them. To bady an everage guy can't buy them in stores.

Pyro Paul
05-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Crossettes are on my favorites list and salutes but not the wimpy titanium ones, the old school American ones that you felt in your chest :) I miss those... Life was so much better before the government got involved...

ChrisTurner
05-23-2018, 10:10 PM
mine has to be Nishiki Kamuro. the hang time is beautiful also im a fan of sky puke. lol

NWA_Fireworks
05-25-2018, 06:24 PM
i like willows, especially when they streach so far down it looks like they are going to touch the ground.

Check out MOAB from Winda if you like the long hanging willows. Also known as the Nishiki Kamuro effect.
https://youtu.be/j8Gp3ArvU4w

NWA_Fireworks
05-25-2018, 06:34 PM
Some of my favorites are:

Nishiki Kamuro (https://youtu.be/j8Gp3ArvU4w)

Time delayed crackle - where the sky goes black and then all of a sudden dozens of crackle stars ignite (https://youtu.be/_aVFBNws-qo)

Go-getters (https://youtu.be/uxM9PcMzzck)

And of course good old salutes :)

montanapyro25
06-12-2018, 05:42 PM
I really like titanium palms, and good willows, as far as color blue is amazing but it is very hard to find a cake with a good vibrant blue

NWA_Fireworks
06-12-2018, 09:37 PM
I really like titanium palms, and good willows, as far as color blue is amazing but it is very hard to find a cake with a good vibrant blue

If you like the blues, pick up one of the gender reveal cakes (for the boy, of course). I saw three different ones from three different distributors, and they all had excellent blue and surprisingly exciting effects.

PyroManiacs
06-12-2018, 10:20 PM
Willows and Palms....

Willow...there was a tree on my street where I used to live while growing up, it was the only one around.

Palms...Guns N Roses - Paradise City is my all time favorite song while growing up at said street. Just reminds me of Palms trees.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-12-2018, 11:34 PM

I've been told that blue is the most difficult color to create in pyrotechnics. As such, it is very expensive to create really nice blue effects. That's why you don't see them too often.