PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Wholesale Order

Slider1342
05-18-2018, 08:31 PM
Greetings everyone. Just joined the forums. Every year I drive up from northern VA to Phantom in PA to purchase around $1000 worth of fireworks to bring down to my family retreat at Smith Mountain Lake in southern VA. I realize that consumer fireworks are not kosher in VA, but I've been doing it for 20 years and its gotten to the point where its tradition.

Has anyone had experience with ordering wholesale and having it shipped freight to a local truck distro in VA. It would save me tons of money and double the amount of items. I am concerned that having explosives shipped to a location here in VA might be subject to inspection or some other detail that would lead to them being confiscated. I am okay with the Risk, but I don't want the odds to be very high :) :o

I realize I could also rent a Uhaul and go pick them up, but it would end up costing =< the cost for freight shipping

Thank you,

Jay_
05-18-2018, 08:50 PM
I’m no expert, but I think that most wholesalers have an “excluded states list” that they will not ship to. If VA is on that list then I don’t think you will have any luck.

Someone may chime in or send a pm to the contrary however, so there may be hope.

Slider1342
05-18-2018, 09:01 PM
The state of Virginia is not on that list

Mattp
05-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Welcome to the forum!!! I dont know about a list.. but if fireworks are illegal in a state.. than i highly doubt any company will ship there.. i do believe you can have them shipped to a freight terminal in a nearby stat where they are legal..then pickem up there.. also you go to PA to go to phantom??? Not sure where you live in VA.. but there a good wholesal place in Maryland.. i know going to pick them up is part of the issue.. but if you go to a better wholesale place you cAn get way more bang for your buck than going to a 100% full retail place like phantom

jamisonlm3
05-19-2018, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't mess with shipping. If you've been driving to get your fireworks, I'd continue that tradition. Would renting a uhaul cargo trailer be an option? It doesn't look like it'is too expesnive if you have or know someone that has the abitlity to pull one. Their website quoted me ~$40 for 48 hours for a 5x8, but you can get bigger. There's several good wholesalers in PA and one that just poped up in WV not too long ago. $1000 will get you alot of fireworks going wholesale.

Slider1342
05-19-2018, 01:04 AM
Do you know the name of the place in MD? Is it Patriotic Fireworks?

jknepp1954
05-19-2018, 07:29 AM
A short 2 hours drive from Phantom/Mattamoras is Kneppy's Fireworks. If you are spending 1K retail we can take care of that at better pricing and better QUALITY selection. We have a VIP REtail program - customers just simply LOVE it! Not wholesale....but very reasonable retail.
Give me a call and we can discuss - 814-345-5757 www.kneppysfireworks.com
Also have a FB page (the one with the color pic - others are fake acct) which we run promotional deals from time to time as well.

Mattp
05-19-2018, 02:57 PM
Do you know the name of the place in MD? Is it Patriotic Fireworks?

Yes.. great place.. but like the others said. There is a bunch of them not too much further.. definitely depends on how far your willing to drive.. like jknepp said too.. hers and other places that may not be wholesale but will have a great selection and great price offers.. not trying to bash phantom at all.. but they will never give you the prices smaller non chain places will give you.. especially if your spending around 1000$

pimpdaddee28
05-19-2018, 09:12 PM
I'd go with Kneppy's as well. Definitely much better retail pricing than Phantom.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2018, 07:22 PM
Welcome to the forum!!! I dont know about a list.. but if fireworks are illegal in a state.. than i highly doubt any company will ship there..

Actually, that's not the case. Fireworks are illegal in Florida, but everyone is happy to ship them to me.

Doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm not asking any questions!! :rolleyes:

Mattp
05-21-2018, 09:11 PM
Actually, that's not the case. Fireworks are illegal in Florida, but everyone is happy to ship them to me.

Doesn't make sense to me either, but I'm not asking any questions!! :rolleyes:

Haha.. i would not ask any questions either!! And that may be the one exception... . Definitely a weird situation for sure.. i can only guess.. but maybe because you can buy them in fla .. than they can be shipped there..(even though theyre illegal).. which is insane because theres stores all over florida.. but i do know no one wil ship them to NY and fireworks are illegal here .. and not sold anywhere

Hartman
05-22-2018, 05:50 PM
I'm in Northern Virginia. I go to Bunker Hill Fireworks in West Virginia every year. Straight out 66 to 81 North. About 1 1/2 hour Drive for me. Not much of a website but the best prices in the area by far and I've shopped around alot over the years....FYI...PS Phantom would be the last place I would shop for good pricing.

Wholesale Fireworks
05-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Hey Slider 1432...check out our website http://www.wfboom.com we can ship to you in VA
Look us up or give me a call.