PDA

View Full Version : 54 user permit holder question

Mattp
05-17-2018, 07:58 AM
I recieved my user permit about a month ago now.. the other day i recieved in the mail a package from the atf with a copy of the orange book, theft report forms and forms for coupon purchases.. i did not get a limited user permit. I apploed for the regular 3year one . . Is this just a usual packet they send out??? And also.. on the permit itself on the bottom corner is a small rectangle that says to cut that out.. what is this about?? I feel like i shouldn't cut anything out of the original document..??

BMoore
05-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Yes, that's exactly what I got back in January. I received the orange book and forms about a month after my license just as you described. What I did was make a bunch of copies of my license and put the original in my safe deposit box. Most distributors want an original signed copy. I just placed my first order and I was asked to fax a signed copy and was told that they would want me to bring another copy to sign in front of them when picking up the product. On one of my copies I did cut out the little rectangle to keep in wallet similar to an insurance card. It's probably not going to give you the power to buy anything but if someone is unexpectedly questioning your license status for whatever the reason you have something handy to pull out and show them. I think the key is to just always work with copies and keep the original documentation that the ATF sent you intact.

cherrybomb1
05-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Lol,I got the same thing in the mail yesterday Mattp.. the envelope was about 2 foot long and cost almost $8.00 dollars too send.I thought they were telling me they made a mistake and wanted there permit back!.I've sent out a couple of my signed permits out so far...Night lights/little China and Lynch Imports...Lynch is having an open shoot June 9 that i'm going to attend and get my feet wet.

Mattp
05-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Ok cool. Thanks guys.. was worried for a minute i got the wrong permit.. but i also didnt get 6 coupons.. as for the limited.. and yes. Good idea with the copies and cutting that rectangle out.. just something about cutting up an official document like that seems wrong to me.. awesome cherrybomb.. one year ill make that drive to lynch.. they sure get some nice products!! Good luck with that!!!

Kenny East
05-17-2018, 02:56 PM
That's the typical form packet. They give you the transaction/acquisition forms in case you purchase from some one who isn't a distributor. Like if you had a friend who had to cancel his show and was sitting on a bunch that you wanted to buy... Those forms give you a way to transfer possession.

Mattp
05-18-2018, 10:12 AM
That's the typical form packet. They give you the transaction/acquisition forms in case you purchase from some one who isn't a distributor. Like if you had a friend who had to cancel his show and was sitting on a bunch that you wanted to buy... Those forms give you a way to transfer possession.

Ahhhh.. ok cool. Makes sense.. but they do say and have a place for the coupon to be placed