PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mauro
05-16-2018, 08:56 PM
New to this. Will shoot first time this upcoming 4th hopefully. Waiting on my wfboom order. Everybody (specially my wife) think I’m crazy, etc. I guess some men just want to watch the sky burn! I want to blow stuff up in the sky. What’s wrong with that, right? Been watching pimpdaddy demo videos on YT and Dave’s videos and Pyro Nation etc. Always feel like they need more demo videos out there. Anyway just saying what’s up, and thank you to those who demo videos to help the new ones decide wth to order wholesale!!! I can’t explain how much I love fireworks!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Welcome aboard Mauro! Glad to have another backyard pyro on the boards. You say you're going to shoot for the first time this upcoming 4th. Do I take that to mean you have never shot a backyard show before? Tell us what you have planned. WFBoom has some good products! What do you have coming? Do you plan to use a firing system?

Mauro
05-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Yes, first show. No firing system yet. Just 4 different fuses. The first half of the show will be all lit up by hand as demo. Want to try and record the cakes. Will have a 200g mini set, a glitter 200/500g set, a 500g set + finale. So it will not be a one fuse show. That’s too risky for me to attempt without any experience with the stuff. It’s all cakes, no shells. Got a case of mars rockets just for fun and a case of Saturn rockets to light up like 1000 at the same time during the day and maybe another during finale or somewhere...

I think I got 29 cases total so far. The cakes list:

4 D-Day
4 King of Chrysanthemums
4 Flippin Awesome
4 Cyber Fantasy
4 Solid Gold
4 Show of Force
4 Boomsday Device
4 Daisy Diamonds
4 Mardi Gras
3 Bloodshot Moon
6 Next Big Thing
2 Cosmic Barrage
2 Modern Warfare
2 Blast Furnace
2 Night Breaker
Power Pack 5 (technicolor Dream & Flying Proud)

200g
24 Crackle Mania
12 Pyro Party
12 Back Country
8 Shimmer & Shine
4 Wipe Out
4 Beyond Believe
4 Evolution
4 Dragon Era

24 AFW Crackling single shot tubes
12 AFW Strobe single tubes
144 mars rockets
Saturn Missiles and a case of some Roman candles

I still feel that I need more stuff lol. Want like an all Crackle finale but it sucks wfboom doesn’t carry 500g crackle only cakes right now so 20 Crackle manías it is with the tubes...

Still need to put a plan on division of work for the day and a physical layout of the cakes placement...

Got about 100ft of fuse of each fuse type so hope that’s enough lol.

Funky pyro
05-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Hopefully you get them all recorded and uploaded to YouTube I would love to see these ! And your show! I stumbled across red apple on YouTube and they demo it seems like everyone of there products and upload it on there . Sounds like your gonna have a great 4th!

Mauro
05-17-2018, 12:11 AM
Yea, hope everything goes OK and safely.

Kenny East
05-17-2018, 04:40 AM
There's no shells on that list, welcome to pyrotalk. I always use more shells than cakes, but then you have to have racks or really reliable people to help reload, shoot, and repeat. Should be a good show though, many good cakes on that list.

100 feet of each slows of fuse you could find should be plenty, unless you are going to fuse the whole show on one fuse. I use it for chaining shells, and building cake boards.

Mauro
05-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Exactly. Just wanna see how it goes cakes-only first before I venture into shells. I did get some single shot tubes but that’s about it. I’m just testing now and trying to start like a family tradition so that the guys have something to work on and have fun as a crew. I had to put most of the funds myself but next year they’ll plan ahead for more. It all depends on how it goes. I’m still debating on adding more cakes to the order lol.

displayfireworks1
05-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk.com. I have a question. Is the fuse you use longer than your arm.

Mauro
05-17-2018, 03:34 PM
Ok so to be specific, got 200ft of the medium cake hobby fuse, 100ft of the quick fuse, 100ft of perfect and 100ft of fast arthillery fuse. So, I would think it’s way longer than my arm haha

Mauro
05-17-2018, 03:36 PM
I went and checked and I guess I should have enough fuse lol.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Lol... I know where Dave's going with this one....

Anyway, sounds like you have a ton of fusing and zip-tying to do! For a first time backyard show, it sounds pretty awesome! Enjoy the experience. Prepare to be awed and disappointed at the same time. You're going to learn a ton from the experience, and it's going to make your 2019 show that much better!

Mauro
05-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Thanks man!

Big Worm
05-17-2018, 06:49 PM
Welcome to pyrotalk! Aquarian seems like a must have 200g from Wfboom. This year I ordered 2 cases of Aquarian, can't wait to see those in person. I also ordered 2 of the 12 shot assortment 200g, they all have different effects. For the 500g Mighty Mantis and Artic Thunder look like great fan cakes. Anyway glad you made it here, can't wait to see all the videos start rolling in!!!!!

Pyro Paul
05-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Welcome aboard Mauro! I used to be a long fuse man myself but I've shortened those long fuses quite a bit now thanks to Cobra. The one thing I can tell you from past experience is that fuse speed is an average and murphy's law always applies when trying to set up a show that way. It can go out several times or not at all and sometimes depending on the fuse it can make your fireworks show much much shorter if the coating is faulty and jumps from fuse to fuse etc etc. So when it doesn't go as planned (not if) don't beat yourself up about it, it is what it is. Just enjoy not having to light one cake at a time ;)

Mauro
05-17-2018, 10:00 PM
I know everybody likes Aquarian. Didn’t get that one. Might add Coconut Grove Song maybe and the power 5 Assortment just for Polaris. Wish they had Polaris (aka North Star), by it’s expensive. Plus I feel like I need at least a case of Monstrous Palm because you only live once lol. Was thinking about Mantis but it’s out of stuck now so that makes it easy for me lol. Had ordered Silky Sky and Glittering Galaxy but they told me they got production issues so had to get Flying Proud and Technicolor and those are fine looking. If you get to light those Aquarians share them, specially if you light a case at once or something!

Mauro
05-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Thanks! Oh yea... I know it must suck to have fuse fail! Think I might cover the finale fuse with aluminum or tape... and if I can spare it use double fuse? Have you ever tried that? Lol