View Full Version : TNT products

Ram820
05-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Just received their catalog, anything worth buying from them? I've only been once(just after PA laws changed). Where I shop now has way better pricing n product but I was wondering if there was anything TNT sells that maybe worth it.

PyroMike79
05-15-2018, 09:44 PM
Sorry, just my own prejudice talking here but I will not buy TNT products. IMO they have done a lot to hurt the industry and pyro enthusiasts like us.

RalphieJ
05-15-2018, 09:46 PM
How's this?

http://www.tntfireworks.com/fireworks/cat/maximum-charge/3089-fan-of-freedom

Ram820
05-15-2018, 09:49 PM
Sorry, just my own prejudice talking here but I will not buy TNT products. IMO they have done a lot to hurt the industry and pyro enthusiasts like us.

I agree, sir

Ram820
05-15-2018, 09:50 PM
How's this?

http://www.tntfireworks.com/fireworks/cat/maximum-charge/3089-fan-of-freedom

$200 nah I'm cool, thx to

NorthernKYPyro
05-16-2018, 07:43 AM
I would suggest passing on giving them business. They've put a lot of money into keeping states Safe and Sane and I'd rather not be part of that.

Icooclast
05-16-2018, 09:53 AM
I would suggest passing on giving them business. They've put a lot of money into keeping states Safe and Sane and I'd rather not be part of that.

i know. makes no sense. because they sell the other stuff too. it'd be like the tobacco industry lobbying against smoking.

Mattp
05-16-2018, 11:39 AM
i know. makes no sense. because they sell the other stuff too. it'd be like the tobacco industry lobbying against smoking.

.. yes its like the tobacco companies lobbying againt smoking cigarettes... because they realized they make much more money selling e-cigs and vapor pens.. lol

PGH_Pyro
05-16-2018, 01:22 PM
F them and their mediocre product and dirty politics.

FireworkNewbie
05-16-2018, 01:31 PM
Ok, so I tried doing some searches on what is being discussed here and only found thst they partnered with government to help with regulations and education/awareness and such. Is there an article floating around out there that or keywords to search for that so can be made aware of the history here?

Rocketshooter
05-16-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure about such an article, but over the years they have been heavily involved with trying to keep states going to full 1.3. Their bread and butter is safe and sane products so they try to keep states that way to improve their revenue.

nayslayer
05-16-2018, 03:22 PM
TNT also put out a mobile app to take pictures of people using illegal fireworks and report them to police. Dave had a thread on it.

FireworkNewbie
05-16-2018, 06:47 PM
Wow, well... thank you. I guess this sort of thing can happen in any business, it's unfortunate when it does. It's even more sad when their angle is safety; a smoke and mirrors tactic to boost sales. Yikes... nuf said...

Mattp
05-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Ok, so I tried doing some searches on what is being discussed here and only found thst they partnered with government to help with regulations and education/awareness and such. Is there an article floating around out there that or keywords to search for that so can be made aware of the history here?

Look up the "cpsc hearing" for the "consumer fireworks metal ban" put it into the pyrotalk search.. there'll be a few threads on It
Theres also a video.. a little long.of the hearing itself.. But youll see the owner of the company along with others lobbying to water down fireworks in the name of "safety"

beaver nation
05-21-2018, 02:59 AM
Don't EVER spend a dime on any TNT products!!! TNT is a main force in watering down 1.4g fireworks and diminishing our liberties

pimpdaddee28
05-22-2018, 01:46 PM
TNT deserves to be put out of business, in my opinion. Them and Phantom have done a lot to hurt the industry.

NWA_Fireworks
05-25-2018, 06:44 PM

Because TNT has an exclusive contract with Walmart and Sam’s Club to sell Safe and Sane fireworks inside the stores (and exclusive rights to put TNT tents in Walmart parking lots where local laws allow), they are trying to water down all consumer fireworks to the point where Safe and Sane items are the only thing we can buy. And once that’s the case, they’ll have the market cornered since they’re already established in Planet Earth’s largest brick and mortar retailer. It’s disgusting and infuriating. I hate politics.

Chiefsfan00
05-26-2018, 02:22 PM
I have bought from them once and the product was ok. However since watching Dave's video of the TNT app to rat out people about illegal fireworks, I haven't bought anything from them. That video completely made me not want to do business with them. Besides there is a lot better brands of fireworks on the market then TNT.

flashfuse
05-26-2018, 02:56 PM
I have bought from them once and the product was ok. However since watching Dave's video of the TNT app to rat out people about illegal fireworks, I haven't bought anything from them. That video completely made me not want to do business with them. Besides there is a lot better brands of fireworks on the market then TNT.

Once I saw the Rat App that TNT has , I would not buy or shoot anything from them ever again.........

Zippster
05-26-2018, 11:27 PM
Very good to know, never heard anything about this. Can I find Daves app video just by searching?

jamisonlm3
05-27-2018, 01:16 AM
Here's the video for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhCLKPMm8hc

Icooclast
05-27-2018, 02:43 AM
Besides there is a lot better brands of fireworks on the market then TNT.

cheaper too

vegassalute
05-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Sorry my friend, but whenever I see TNT I immediately become uninspired and turn the channel. Their tactics are despicable. The good news is there are hundreds of other great organizations out there that offer terrific product and are ethical and loyal to their pyro-enthusiast clientele.

montanapyro25
06-13-2018, 11:32 PM
I would never buy TNT !

flashfuse
06-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Sorry my friend, but whenever I see TNT I immediately become uninspired and turn the channel. Their tactics are despicable. The good news is there are hundreds of other great organizations out there that offer terrific product and are ethical and loyal to their pyro-enthusiast clientele.

I agree 100% , I will never buy or support anything from this company ……..

HamHands
06-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Add me to the list. I'll never buy a TNT product. They aren't that good anyway.

Icooclast
06-15-2018, 12:21 PM
yeah, not only do you have their shady business practices, but their prices are in the top 3 for HIGHEST out of many brands. phantom and prism brands on the other 2 that are just way too high priced. we have prism locations around here, not too good of quality, either.

PYRODAN
06-15-2018, 12:24 PM
There is a Prism about 1/2 mile from me. Needed a fix so I bought a couple of things. I would have had more fun if I just set the money on fire and watched it burn.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Lol PYRODAN.... I'm sorry they goodies didn't live up to your expectations, but that was funny as hell.