PDA

View Full Version : Pyroboom Racks

GyroPyro420
05-11-2018, 07:36 PM
Mine (my rack) is quite old and I need to replace it this year. I was looking at their 12 shot 12 inch dr11 prebuilt rack. Has anyone purchased from them before..what did you think of the quality?

Icooclast
05-11-2018, 07:56 PM
Mine (my rack) is quite old and I need to replace it this year. I was looking at their 12 shot 12 inch dr11 prebuilt rack. Has anyone purchased from them before..what did you think of the quality?

if my info is correct he is a member here, not sure what his username is, though. but as far as the rack goes, i was thinking of getting some of their ATR racks if i ever get the money for fireworks again. i think it'd be better, because they're adjustable (and there are a couple on their website) new for this year. ii think it'd be a better investment because you can choose all straight up or 1 straight up and one tilted to the left and right. or all tilted. there seems like there is more of a versatility with them. where-as if you buy the straight up rack or the regular angled racks your stuck with it in that position. and thus may have to buy more racks to get all the varieties you want.

just my thoughts. i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. lol

GyroPyro420
05-11-2018, 08:21 PM
if my info is correct he is a member here, not sure what his username is, though. but as far as the rack goes, i was thinking of getting some of their ATR racks if i ever get the money for fireworks again. i think it'd be better, because they're adjustable (and there are a couple on their website) new for this year. ii think it'd be a better investment because you can choose all straight up or 1 straight up and one tilted to the left and right. or all tilted. there seems like there is more of a versatility with them. where-as if you buy the straight up rack or the regular angled racks your stuck with it in that position. and thus may have to buy more racks to get all the varieties you want.

just my thoughts. i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. lol

I pulled the trigger, I'll post pics and thoughts when I receive it. I went with the straight up 12 shot for now. If it's nice I'll buy an adjustable one....I picked up a Roman candle rack too...looked interesting..better than taping em together.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I bought this 36 shot fan rack from them 3 years ago. It's held up great. I also bought all my DR11 tubes from them. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3007&stc=1

Pyro Paul
05-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Nice rack Rick!!

GyroPyro420
05-11-2018, 09:20 PM
I bought this 36 shot fan rack from them 3 years ago. It's held up great. I also bought all my DR11 tubes from them. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Thanks for the input rick, I’m glad I pulled the trigger! I picked up one of the Roman candle racks as well.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-11-2018, 10:00 PM
Nice rack Rick!!

That's what she said! Wait... No, that's not it....... :confused:

FireworkNewbie
05-12-2018, 08:25 AM
I just read the title of this thread and started to panic, because two days ago I just purchased 3 20shot racks and 4 12shot racks from them. I was fearing a "BEWARE BUYER" comment or something along those lines.

But no, I've only heard good things about them which is why I made my purchase; I'll let you know what I think when my order comes in...

MtnViewPyro
05-12-2018, 02:11 PM
I have purchased several racks and tons of tubes from them. The quality is great in my opinion, but when you buy from them you feel like you actually mean something to them other than just another customer. My 18-shot rack has been used an abused. I have probably shot a bazillion shells out of it and left it in the back of my truck one night on accident and received about 2inches of rain overnight. It still is in the same condition as I bought it, minus the burn marks and TMNT sticker my little nephew put on it.

GyroPyro420
05-13-2018, 02:30 PM
I have purchased several racks and tons of tubes from them. The quality is great in my opinion, but when you buy from them you feel like you actually mean something to them other than just another customer. My 18-shot rack has been used an abused. I have probably shot a bazillion shells out of it and left it in the back of my truck one night on accident and received about 2inches of rain overnight. It still is in the same condition as I bought it, minus the burn marks and TMNT sticker my little nephew put on it.

Heard from Eric over at pyroboom, he's shipping my order out this week, after reading some of the comments I'm pretty excited haha. I'm considering the ATR's now as well. I needed to replace a straight up rack I had so I replaced it with this order...my fan rack is in good shape but it's not adjustable...an extra rack never hurt anyone....until the wife see's it and says "really?"...we'll cross that bridge when we get there though haha.

MtnViewPyro
05-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Yeah you can’t go wrong with pyroboom. I haven’t purchased the ATR, but they look very nice.

GyroPyro420
05-17-2018, 12:40 AM
So I received my racks today, a Roman candle rack and a 12 inch 12 shot mortar rack. Right away I was concerned when reading that the mortars may be scuffed and dirty and may have been left outside and all this other stuff. I appreciate the honesty up front (even though I was still concerned)..After inspection though I'm happy to say the mortars were in excellent condition! The quality of the materials is excellent. Thick boards, nice mortars (all plugged), and overall good build quality. The only reason I say good and not great is because personally I would have liked to see some spacers, even if it was one separating the mortars down the middle, as in 6 on one half of the divider and 6 on the other, that or pull in the sides a tad. Seeing as there are no aforementioned spacers... I'm concerned of poor trajectory or lift due to wobbling shells if mortars are bumping against each other, maybe I'm over thinking it. I'll test fire some shells in the next few days and see how it works out. As for the Roman candle rack, I have no complaints. I loaded various sizes of Roman candles (thick and thin) and had no issue fitting them. The mechanism for securing them is simple and effective. Overall a very satisfied customer. On a side note, shipping was extremely fast!

Edit: not sure why my images loaded upside down. Not sure how to fix it as they're right side up on both my computer and phone when uploading.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3012&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3013&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3014&stc=1

MontanaMike
05-22-2018, 11:34 PM
The mortars are close enough together in the rack that you shouldn't have any trouble with wobbling shells...the mortar might shift a grand total of a 1/8" or so when its neighbor goes off.

I've currently got 3 different sizes of racks, all from PyroBoom and we've bought all our fuse there as well. Never a problem with anything, and their communication / customer service has been great.

I have a bunch of roman candle racks too - I modified them slightly, I put a strip of soft foam weatherstripping down each side along the top of the rails. This makes it easier to load different thicknesses of candles and have them all be held tight. Plus it looks badass.

One thing about this hobby, it seems like most of the companies in the industry, like PyroBoom, WFBoom, Cobra and others, are small enough that personalized customer service is really something they care about, vs a huge company where the individual problem might fall through the cracks occasionally.

jayf
05-23-2018, 01:07 AM
So I received my racks today, a Roman candle rack and a 12 inch 12 shot mortar rack. Right away I was concerned when reading that the mortars may be scuffed and dirty and may have been left outside and all this other stuff. I appreciate the honesty up front (even though I was still concerned)..After inspection though I'm happy to say the mortars were in excellent condition! The quality of the materials is excellent. Thick boards, nice mortars (all plugged), and overall good build quality. The only reason I say good and not great is because personally I would have liked to see some spacers, even if it was one separating the mortars down the middle, as in 6 on one half of the divider and 6 on the other, that or pull in the sides a tad. Seeing as there are no aforementioned spacers... I'm concerned of poor trajectory or lift due to wobbling shells if mortars are bumping against each other, maybe I'm over thinking it. I'll test fire some shells in the next few days and see how it works out. As for the Roman candle rack, I have no complaints. I loaded various sizes of Roman candles (thick and thin) and had no issue fitting them. The mechanism for securing them is simple and effective. Overall a very satisfied customer. On a side note, shipping was extremely fast!

Edit: not sure why my images loaded upside down. Not sure how to fix it as they're right side up on both my computer and phone when uploading.

Nice racks! My stash pic loaded upside also.

GyroPyro420
05-23-2018, 11:58 AM
Awesome idea with the weather stripping..I see what you mean, thicker candles with thinner ones leaves the thinner ones slightly loose..I’ll modify it this weekend and post a pic!

PYRODAN
06-17-2018, 07:51 AM
I don't think I have ever heard a bad or even mediocre comment about Pyroboom. I bought my tubes from them and it was a totally positive transaction.

upNdown
06-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'll jump in on that. I've ordered tubes and fuse from pyroboom - 3-4 orders - quick and perfect.

kingsixx
06-19-2018, 09:25 PM
Ordered from them for the first time this year. Got some fuse which came to me in 2-3 days. Today just received their conventional 36 shot fan rack and it looks awesome. Just waiting on some DR 11 tubes which was my 3rd order. So far very satisfied with their communication and how up front they are about their lead times. Buy with confidence.

MtnViewPyro
06-19-2018, 11:12 PM
I bet that 36shot rack is sweet. I have a 18shot fan rack from them. It happens to be my favorite rack.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-20-2018, 12:19 AM
I got their 36 shot rack a number of years ago. Just wired it up again this past weekend for this years show. Still going strong!

I'd like to get a few more next year. Just not sure I'm going to have the strength to fuse more mortars! It took me all weekend to fuse my finale crates.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3126&stc=1

displayfireworks1
06-20-2018, 05:35 AM
I love these racks for the canister artillery shells.

upNdown
06-20-2018, 09:25 AM
I got their 36 shot rack a number of years ago. Just wired it up again this past weekend for this years show. Still going strong!

I'd like to get a few more next year. Just not sure I'm going to have the strength to fuse more mortars! It took me all weekend to fuse my finale crates.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3126&stc=1

Looks great. My show is on the 30th, so it might be time to start fusing. All milk crates this year, but I'm thinking I need to upgrade to some angled racks for next year.

SlightlyRemoved
09-06-2018, 01:57 PM
I very recently purchased one of their 12shot 12" dr11 & one 6shot 12" dr11 and are very pleased with both. Excellent build quality, prompt service & shipping. Eric and his crew are great to work with - they're my goto for consumer racks and Igniters.

pyroboom
10-04-2018, 11:43 PM
I very recently purchased one of their 12shot 12" dr11 & one 6shot 12" dr11 and are very pleased with both. Excellent build quality, prompt service & shipping. Eric and his crew are great to work with - they're my goto for consumer racks and Igniters.

Thank you!