PDA

View Full Version : Law's in Indiana for 1.3 fireworks

Crush630
05-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I live in IL and have family over in Indiana on 100+ acres of farmland. I am looking at having a little display on private property. Am I required to submit any paperwork to the state of Indiana and ATFE? Does the ATFE require me to present paperwork during annual inspection? Thanks for your input.

displayfireworks1
05-09-2018, 06:38 PM
This looks likes one of those Amsterdam trick questions. Could be another trick? LOL
At Crush630, it sounds like you DO NOT have an ATF license? When are you shooting the display?

jknepp1954
05-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I am sure the Indiana folks on here can answer that. My quick answer would be MOST DEFINITELY PAPERWORK for 1.3. Actually ALL STATES require some type of permitting or license to shoot 1.3.

Kenny East
05-10-2018, 06:11 AM
If he/she had a license, there would be no question to weather or not they need documentation... On your permit application, there is a line asking about permits for displays that you have or have applied for. Furthermore your inspector would be the one to ask that question to. They are always happy to help... But yes, you need a user permit, and a display permit, to shoot 1.3 fireworks in Indiana.

They never say that they have a user permit, sounds kinda sketchy....

Crush630
05-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Actually I do have my ATF Lic. I am questioning as do I get copies sent back to me from Indiana or do I need to photo copy, Do I need to also send the display permit app to the ATF? Or Do I need to have it on hand during annual inspection.

Mattp
05-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Im new at having a type54 user permit myself.. but when you get a permit for a show pretty sure you get a physical copy of it to have on hand during the display.. so KEEP THAT.. and also your purchase/ aqusition records in a folder.. and have it all on hand for when your inpection comes.. which it can also be random.. so keep your records together and in good order..

displayfireworks1
05-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Unless the ATF told you specifically to mail them permits (which is highly unlikely) just save all of you documentation in your own personal file. Once you receive your license from the ATF you really do not have to communicate with them unless you are requesting a deviation from standard procedure that effects storage , transportation , theft, change of address , change of storage etc. During your interview they reviewed this, go back and look at the checklist they had you sign. I'll assume you have the Type 54 license , that one allows you to purchase and transport in states other than your own. If you call the ATF and ask them some questions and tell them when and where you are shooting in Indiana , you can almost guarantee someone from the Indiana ATF office will be showing up at your shoot site either the day before or after your shoot. You did not answer when you are shooting the display so we will assume it is near the July 4th holiday.

Crush630
05-11-2018, 10:16 AM
thank you for the clarification @displayfireworks1

cherrybomb1
05-12-2018, 07:23 AM
Actually I do have my ATF Lic. I am questioning as do I get copies sent back to me from Indiana or do I need to photo copy, Do I need to also send the display permit app to the ATF? Or Do I need to have it on hand during annual inspection.
Crush630,I had my interview not that long ago and the inspector said all there looking for is your acquisition records(record of each regulated purchase)and your disposition record(what you use or sell)and your magazine records if you have one of those.He said there not worried about permits or insurance,thats all handled at the state level.your in Illinois so you know who that is IDNR and Fire marshall.