PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Cleanup

GyroPyro420
05-06-2018, 10:15 PM
I have a decent sized piece of property but the kids play back there and dogs run around. My question is, what's the best type of material to lay down that would make cleaning up firecrackers and ground stuff easy. I'm not worried about the cakes because I have boards for those and racks for mortars. more or less the ground stuff. I thought about laying a thick tarp under plywood, but then that might catch fire so I'm wondering what you guys do or if you have any suggestions.

cherrybomb1
05-06-2018, 11:15 PM
My backyard is about an acre and I usually light off 1 or 2 16,000 rolls of crackers...i just mow over it and consider it pyro mulch.lol

GyroPyro420
05-06-2018, 11:33 PM
My backyard is about an acre and I usually light off 1 or 2 16,000 rolls of crackers...i just mow over it and consider it pyro mulch.lol

hahaha...I mean I have a bag on my mower...I suppose I could...the wife might raise an eyebrow though haha

matandch
05-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Put mower on mulch. Rain will do the rest.

Mattp
05-07-2018, 08:05 AM
Beside laying some plywood down. Dont think theres alot of options.. personally i dont do those on grass for that reason.. but the lawn mower sounds like a great choice.. maybe a leaf bLower/sucker too. Or just a plain shop vac.. i mean ive never vacuumed my grass before.. but i dont see why that wouldnt work.. lol

nayslayer
05-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Kids pick up most trash and mower does the rest. I have seen guys use something called a firecracker bucket.

RalphieJ
05-07-2018, 09:30 AM
Since I shoot in the backyard, I do the same as matandch. The paper and residual chemicals makes for good lawn fertilizer.

FireworkNewbie
05-07-2018, 11:16 AM
Anyone ever have an issue with stuff landing in neighbors backyards? If so, whst do you normally do?

My backyard is rather narrow and think I may have some land theirs... I think a week or so before I'll offer to clean up their backyards if they don't mind...

GyroPyro420
05-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your responses guys. I think I’m going with this spray I found and some plywood..whatever that misses I’ll just mow over..here’s the spray I found if anyone else is interested https://www.amazon.com/No-Burn-1102A-Original-Fire-Retardant/dp/B003M8G39E

GyroPyro420
05-07-2018, 12:24 PM
Anyone ever have an issue with stuff landing in neighbors backyards? If so, whst do you normally do?

My backyard is rather narrow and think I may have some land theirs... I think a week or so before I'll offer to clean up their backyards if they don't mind...

I plan on notifying my neighbors and offering to clean up any stray trash from the show

cherrybomb1
05-07-2018, 11:48 PM

That's why I stop shooting off those big rockets years ago...my neighbor that retired and moved away picked up a shit load of them and laid them just inside of my property line.for some reason I didn't even think about it

Robbro097
05-08-2018, 02:39 AM
Id use a welding blanket its like a thick canvas if drops of red metal don't catch fire I'm sure sure firecrackers won't b a prob u can get for under 18 $ on ebay

yoshisbar
05-08-2018, 09:59 PM
2 words.. LAWN SWEEPER... you know those pull behind ones that you pick up leaves with if your to lazy to rake (like me!) Picks up all the heavy plastic inserts they us in the Saturn batteries, and clay plugs and also if you have any misfires, the rest biodegrades, I sweep both my neighbors back lawns and mine when I am done only about an hour of work for 1 acre, don't want a live shell in there part If I can help it, and mowing one is not fun (been there done that!)...

GyroPyro420
05-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Id use a welding blanket its like a thick canvas if drops of red metal don't catch fire I'm sure sure firecrackers won't b a prob u can get for under 18 $ on ebay

THIS!!! This is the answer I was looking for. You're the man, I just found a huge one on amazon and ordered it. Thanks for the tip!

Robbro097
05-09-2018, 06:18 PM
No prob happy to have helped