PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Rocket table

nayslayer
04-29-2018, 03:31 PM
Was considering purchasing a bunch bottle rockets and making some sort of table like I've seen on YouTube. Anyone have any experience with this?

Kenny East
04-29-2018, 09:04 PM
Peg board works well for it... I'd paint the table in fire blocking paint.... Best way to get them all up quick is to dust the table with black powder after you have bottle rocket sticks in the holes. Don't cram too many sticks into each hole... Only like 4-5 max.

Fun way to burn a ton of cheap bottle rockets quick...

PyroMike79
04-29-2018, 09:19 PM
It has been a few years but I made one of a square wood frame. Just 2x4s and a few screws. Then over the top I stretched two layers of chicken wire and stapled it down. By offsetting the two layers of chicken wire you give yourself smaller holes that are more usable. Best part is the chicken wire doesn't mind a few sparks and can easily be replaced in any event. Cheap, easy project!

I will look through my old phone and see if I have any pictures of it. The actual article is long gone.

Mattp
04-29-2018, 09:50 PM
HA.. im definitely interested to see the outcome of that.. sounds like a great fun idea

PyroMike79
04-29-2018, 10:05 PM
Its a fun little item. Bottle rockets are so dirt cheap that it really doesn't cost much to load it up. Takes a little time of course. The only drawback is that when they start to go, they go EVERYWHERE!!! Not something for the average sized backyard.

I would be interested to see the pegboard option with the black powder. Sounds like you might get a faster ignition that way. Mine was a slow build but once the chain reaction got going they were flying like crazy.

Kenny East
05-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Gotta make sure you paint the pegboard with good high temp enamel or similar fire blocking paint... The part of both set ups that sucks.. Is the set up... It's a real chore to place a couple cases of bottle rockets into pegboard or hardware fabric. But it does look crazy when it's going full bore... Way better than Saturn missiles.