PDA

View Full Version : Rebar stakes for racks

cherrybomb1
04-27-2018, 07:06 AM
Had a friend that does concrete work gift me some rebar...so some how i convinced the wife i needed a mig welder.Heres the results,don't laugh to hard its the first time I've welded in my life.hopefully i covered it with paint enough so you can't see the welds too much lol!

Mattp
04-27-2018, 07:32 AM
That looks like a fun project.. and a good idea.. that steel cut on that angle should pierce the ground pretty nicely!!

displayfireworks1
04-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Good find on those. You can use those for all sorts of pyro stabilization.

pyromustang
04-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Look good and great thinking.

Kenny East
04-27-2018, 01:20 PM
Smart move adding the 90 degree at the top... Pulling rebar without that or a J hook bent into it is a pain

jamisonlm3
04-27-2018, 02:43 PM
I've got a little Harbor Frieght Mig welder. It's the cheapest one they have. It's not the greatest machine in the world, but it will weld thinner stuff. I used it to make the feet on my racks. It looks like you cut the bar and welded them to make Ts. That would make it alot easier to drive them and I can only guess how much easier to pull them.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
Great job. If I might make a suggestion---the top of the "T" looks quite long. You only need a short top piece there---4"-5" total to be able to both drive the rebar in & pull it out. Longer pieces like that can give you a nasty gash on the leg in the dark. Just food for thought.....

joewad
04-27-2018, 07:14 PM
I use rebar quite a bit. I wouldn't worry about painting them for the beauty of it, they're gonna get dirty. I would suggest paining them a bright or "day glow" color to help prevent tripping or misplacing then finding that one missing one the following day with your lawn mower.

PYRODAN
05-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Re-bar bends pretty easy, You could have gone that route and saved the money spent on the welder. But then you wouldn't have the welder...... " a grinder and paint, makes me the welder I aint!"

PGH_Pyro
05-08-2018, 09:58 AM
id get those orange caps for the ends so no one gets gouged ...