PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of 76 Super Fountain

Rick_In_Tampa
04-23-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm going to be using a new item this year from Spirit of 76 called a "Super Fountain." It's their item FG115.

It doesn't have an e-match port so I'm assuming I'm going to have to use a talon on these. But I thought I'd check with you guys to see if there's a way to use an e-match. On a normal cake I'd just cut the visco fuse and shove an e-match (FW initiator) into the lift charge. There's no lift charge in a fountain so I'm not sure that's even an option. Does anyone out there have any experience with this product?

MtnViewPyro
04-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Hey Rick,

I haven’t messed with fountains much as far as matching. Is it possible to replace fuse with quick fuse and then clip the MJG or ematch as close to the end of the fuse as possible? I did something similar with another fountain and it worked well. Wasn’t instant, but much better than talon and product fuse.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-23-2018, 08:04 PM
Yeah good question MVP. I haven't messed with a fountain in many years. So I have no idea how they're put together. I'm opening my show with 6 of these so I'd like to get them all lit at the same time. Rather not mess with visco if at all possible. But I don't want to mess with it and have them NOT light either! Lol...

Mattp
04-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you may have to do some very careful disecting on the first one to find out for sure.. but i would think you can find the emtry point

MtnViewPyro
04-23-2018, 10:44 PM
I feel ya Rick. I like to avoid fuse if possible now. If I had one of them fountains I would experiment for you but I only of those gold glitter fountains from 76 and those appear to be a different animal.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Sounds like you may have to do some very careful disecting on the first one to find out for sure.. but i would think you can find the emtry point

We'll see. I don't have any "spares" on order so I'm likely going to just use a talon on them. Don't need any snafu's right at the start of the show.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-24-2018, 10:38 AM
I feel ya Rick. I like to avoid fuse if possible now. If I had one of them fountains I would experiment for you but I only of those gold glitter fountains from 76 and those appear to be a different animal.

I appreciate the thought buddy! I've used the fans and strobes before, but not the fountains. Going to be an experimenting kind of year. Good training for next year!! lol...