PDA

View Full Version : Hello from omaha, nebraska!!

CountryBoom87
04-21-2018, 05:53 PM
New here to this site!! Glad to be here. Ill be looking around for demos and open shoots, or anything pyro. Always had a passion for fireworks, finally got on board with the program. Just completed and got my shooter certificate today!! Just started working for J&M displays and my first shoot will be may 4th, super eager and excited. Will be looking to build my experiance too, so if anyone near me needs a shooter let me know!! Im eager to work, make some money and new friends and most of all have fun!! I have seen all of daves videos on youtube and love them! Thanks dave for all your time and effort you put into those videos and the displays. Have learned a lot from them!!

displayfireworks1
04-21-2018, 06:41 PM
I like the sound of this guy, he sounds ambitious and he is not afraid to work. The display fireworks business needs lots of help as the July 4th holiday slowly approaches. In the past I heard from new technicians as they start to work displays , some of the experienced crew is surprised when they know so much on their first day in the field. They will ask "Where did you learn how to do all of that?" LOL It sounds like J&M is lucky to have you. Keep us posted on your progress after the May 4th display.

Kenny East
04-21-2018, 11:37 PM
Welcome, I'm getting ready for all the demos... Starting next weekend through the end of May... Fun time of the year

CountryBoom87
04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Yes it is a fun time of the year. I love yaking my kids and wife to the demos. And thanks for the kind words dave, ill definitly keeo my progress updsted. I told my regional manager i want to do a shoot every day lol. If you guys know of any 1.3 demos or open shoots near me, please let me know. I am having a hard time finding them. I dont mind driving up to 6 hours either. Looking forward to being a part of this community. My wife and i will be joining pgi as members and i plan on going to their shoot in iowa this year in august!! Looking forward to that!!

PyroJoeNEPA
04-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Welcome to PyroTalk CountryBoom87. I am sure you will find plenty of info & videos on the site here to keep you busy. SOunds like you are ready to jump in with both feet! Have fun & be safe.

Big Worm
04-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Welcome! Good to see another person from Omaha here!

pimpdaddee28
04-23-2018, 01:43 AM
Welcome to PT CountryBoom!! Demos are great for anyone suffering from that pyro itch. Can't wait for the American Fireworks demo this Saturday!!

chriskrc
04-23-2018, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Welcome aboard CB! Glad to see another pyro on the boards. See you in Mason City!

CountryBoom87
05-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Well, did my first 1.3 show last night. It was all electronicly fired and synced to music for a star wars theme night at the ball park. I must say it was a hell of a time. Being that close and right under the shells when they go off and during the grand finale was exhilarating. Definitly an addiction. I loved setting up too and the countdown to the show. Learned a lot. And the cheers afterwards put chills down my arm. Was a great experience and cant wait to get on the next shoot next week!! Thanks @displayfireworks1, dave, for the videos you do. Like i said, ive seen them all and it helped prep me for my show and helped me know what to expect and how to handle certian situatuons. Also thanks everyone for the kind welcomes, im glad ro finally be a part of this. Has always been my passion and i have finally taken the leap and plan to make my career out of this.