PDA

View Full Version : 2018 NFPA 1123 question

bohicarlp
04-19-2018, 08:36 PM
My question is in regard to 4.2.2.7 Cutting of fuse including quickmatch, shall be prohibited when an electric match is known to be present in the fuse or quickmatch being cut. So if I was to want to chain 3" shells in a finale, am I to not cut the paper on the quickmatch to chain the fuses together if an electric match is also on the shell?

displayfireworks1
04-19-2018, 08:46 PM
I probably need to do a video to fully explain. Sometimes or I should say most times when you do a professional display and it end there are shells that did not fire that still have electric match in them. If you blindly cut the leader off you may cut the head of the electric match and set it off. This is why you will see technicians feel the leader for the match head and hold it , then cut the leader below that point . I may make a future video about this.
This new regulation is actually too late because most shells now have ports, but back in the day they did not .

bohicarlp
04-19-2018, 08:55 PM
Thank you for clarifying the answer.

yoshisbar
04-19-2018, 09:10 PM
With the introduction of the perchlorate match, do you think this may be that someone knows more than they are telling? ALOT of vendors are carrying it now, Seems that it is where china is going..I know more than a few I have looked at are. (I can see it and know that it is what it is). I know of The video I would like to see ( and may do myself if I get time), is this stuff tested, beat, cut and so forth. I think it is dangerous and we as shooters need to change what we used to do because of that. Honestly, I don't like cutting this stuff with scissors, basically it is what is on the end of an electric match, it is violent and I don't want to be that guy that finds out...

Kenny East
04-20-2018, 05:22 AM
With the introduction of the perchlorate match, do you think this may be that someone knows more than they are telling? ALOT of vendors are carrying it now, Seems that it is where china is going..I know more than a few I have looked at are. (I can see it and know that it is what it is). I know of The video I would like to see ( and may do myself if I get time), is this stuff tested, beat, cut and so forth. I think it is dangerous and we as shooters need to change what we used to do because of that. Honestly, I don't like cutting this stuff with scissors, basically it is what is on the end of an electric match, it is violent and I don't want to be that guy that finds out...

Ever see the videos of it being hit with a hammer? Kinda have to wonder while dropping shells into guns. The leaders in my wizard brand shells had gray match on some and black match on others. I too wonder if it's the new norm.