PDA

View Full Version : Phantoms Pa Store Location

xray45
04-19-2018, 06:43 PM
Did you guys hear on the news that Phantom got the old TJ Sushi bar and grill location off of Mcknight road in ross township. I guess they are shooting (no pun intended) for a memorial day opening.
Nice to see something finally happening. Hope there is more action to come!

Ram820
04-19-2018, 08:00 PM
What's a phantom? Lol

displayfireworks1
04-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Is this the location here?
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2946&stc=1

PGH_Pyro
04-19-2018, 10:48 PM
it's the former tokyo buffet location. next to a strip mall and about 3 miles from downtown Pittsburgh ... should be interesting...

N3OQO
04-20-2018, 09:00 AM
An overpriced ghost.....

Pyroman5000
04-20-2018, 10:04 AM
An overpriced ghost.....

Bingo! Lol and with the pa tax it will even be more money yet.

displayfireworks1
04-20-2018, 06:58 PM
If that is the location of one of the new Phantom stores. That is certainly a prime location. It is on McKnight Road aka McNightmare Road ( as we call it in Pittsburgh) because of the massive amount of daily traffic. The Pittsburgh news stations are talking about it and I heard it on the radio today. The report is , if the store is not open in time for the holidays , they will set up a tent to make sales. My guess is Phantom gets all this free news coverage because they advertise everywhere , TV radio , billboards and even with me on pyrotalk. I had a potential advertiser tell me he does not need to advertise because everyone knows who he is. I told him that is great , I'll tell Phantom to stop buying all those billboards , TV spots etc. because they are wasting their money.
I think a lot of fireworks stores and accessory dealers could do better, some just want to do it on the cheap. As far as that additional tax, my guess is Phantom and most likely a few other distributors will come up with marketing strategy to make the customer feel good about paying it.
Here is another picture of the location.
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2949&stc=1

upNdown
04-20-2018, 07:34 PM
I don't understand how a business can survive like that. I don't mind spending money - like, it's worth paying twice as much for a Weber grill because it will last four times as long and their customer service is second to none. What does Phantom offer in exchange for their ridiculous prices?

yoshisbar
04-20-2018, 08:03 PM
I don't understand how a business can survive like that. I don't mind spending money - like, it's worth paying twice as much for a Weber grill because it will last four times as long and their customer service is second to none. What does Phantom offer in exchange for their ridiculous prices?

Think of it this way, when I was younger, I liked fireworks, didn't know what I do now, In ohio where I grew up, sign a paper get fireworks. I didn't look at the price I HAD FIREWORKS, it was fun.. not an everyday thing that everybody does, and amaze your friends, 4th of july, graduation party! I had fireworks! New years, Fireworks... Now if 5 of my friends had an interest in getting fireworks, they would get some also.. Guess where? retail fireworks, Because Phantom WANTS these people that spend $200-300 on fireworks and 10 of there friends... TNT is another.. THEY DON"T care for an advanced fireworks person (but do have offseason stuff to sell product when it is slow). They make more money selling to 5 people the week before the 4th of july, than if I were to order in February and pay case prices. You say prices are twice as much, but for an average joe, he says "wow that is cool how much"!!

cptnding
04-20-2018, 08:42 PM
for an average joe, he says "wow that is cool how much"!!

Yes that was me 20+ years ago. Who cares about the price. I HAD FIREWORKS!

displayfireworks1
04-21-2018, 07:18 AM
I look forward to seeing what the landscape around me will look like as the major holidays approach. I am still finding to hard to believe the local police departments are going to just roll over and let all these neighborhoods start shooting fireworks in their back yards. Plus all these people with dogs etc are not going to complain. Technically they are legal to shoot as of today and I have not heard on single person shoot anything in my area. I would bet if you would ask the average PA citizen they would say something along the lines of they are legal for July 4th and not realize it is all year. I still can't believe PA went legal myself.

jknepp1954
04-21-2018, 09:52 AM
Technically they were actually legally to shoot oct 30 last year....
From time to time we hear things our way - including some B stuff - which i highly doubt any permits were issued for....

Ram820
04-21-2018, 04:30 PM
I am still finding to hard to believe the local police departments are going to just roll over and let all these neighborhoods start shooting fireworks in their back yards.

So far in my experience the police don't care. Only issues I've had were 1. Noise ordinance, my fault, it was like 11 on a weekday. 2. Calls reporting gunshots, the officer told me it was a safety thing. He was concerned about an accident if a bunch of squad cars came rushing to the scene. This was at my son's, he lives in a recently gentrified part of South Philly so... I brought him to my house last Sat and burned for almost 3 hours, no one said a word.

And you are correct. I have come across quite a few people that have had no idea of the law change, some were even fellow pyros

PGH_Pyro
04-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Fireworks industry suing state of PA. over high tax

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/24/pennsylvania-fireworks-industry-sales-tax-lawsuit/

jknepp1954
04-25-2018, 09:34 AM
Fireworks industry suing state of PA. over high tax

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/04/24/pennsylvania-fireworks-industry-sales-tax-lawsuit/

There are also other lawsuits on the revenue bill in general...

Ram820
04-26-2018, 07:53 PM
There are also other lawsuits on the revenue bill in general...

Interesting, considering the added income was what helped get the bill through in the first place

GyroPyro420
04-29-2018, 01:41 PM
people hate on phantom but they have plenty of buy one get 2 free deals throughout the year. Sure 179.99 for a box of excal shells is a lot..even buy one get one it equates to about $90 a box....but with buy 1 get 2 it's $60 a box (you can mix and match as well if you don't want 3 boxes of excals). is that really that terrible of a price? I think not. People that complain about phantom either went just on a whim without any coupons or just don't know how to shop there. i'm talking strictly retail pricing....Yes, i know if you buy wholesale you could save more...not everyone wants to buy 4 - 10 of the same cake though and it's not accessible to everyone.

PGH_Pyro
05-02-2018, 08:55 AM
only thing i will buy from phantom is the smaller stuff...novelty stuff and etcetra.
everything else way too over-priced.