PDA

View Full Version : Yard Sale Rocket Launcher

PyroJoeNEPA
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
I was at a community yard sale with my wife two saturdays ago & I saw a person selling yard ornaments [stiff wires with glass globes on the end], They were in this type of holder. I asked the lady if the holder was for sale--she thought I was nuts---I offered her $5.00 for one--she now knew I was nuts--but smiled & took my money! I'm not big on rockets but I couldn't resist this piece. It is welded aluminum and has 25 tubes of different heights on it--the tubes are crimped as you can see in the pics but I can knock them out with a hammer & spike. Looking back, I should have bought two or three!--now I have to buy some rockets!!!
BTW--my wife spied several used coolers at the sale & promptly let me know--she knows I store pyro & chemicals in them during the winter! A true PyroWife!!!

nrubmx
09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
thats cool!

Palermitano2
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Pyro Joe I love the way you think .....always thinking pyro!!!!!!!!!

J's12talk
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice find PyroJoe!

displayfireworks1
09-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Good find Joe. When you like fireworks, everything starts looking like a potential item to use for pyrotechnics. It is still hard for me to throw away the cardboard tube when the toilet paper runs out.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Good find Joe. When you like fireworks, everything starts looking like a potential item to use for pyrotechnics. It is still hard for me to throw away the cardboard tube when the toilet paper runs out.

News flash Dave--I don't throw them out..I cut them & use them for lift cups!

Palermitano2
09-13-2011, 07:32 PM

LMAO Priceless .....Classic Dave being Dave........

Pyro Nation
09-13-2011, 07:34 PM
News flash Dave--I don't throw them out..I cut them & use them for lift cups!

I dont feel bad now.. My wife made fun of me when I said that exact thing to her last yr..lol

blown2bits
10-21-2011, 07:47 PM
every time I am at lowes or homedepot I see cardboard carpet rolls and just wonder if there is a way to use them. I think all pyros want to repurpose things. Must be in the pyro blood.

Palermitano2
10-21-2011, 08:09 PM
every time I am at lowes or homedepot I see cardboard carpet rolls and just wonder if there is a way to use them. I think all pyros want to repurpose things. Must be in the pyro blood.

I have a Picture at home depot of the Cardboard footing tubes...lololol