PDA

View Full Version : Stash

Cheflife222
04-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Cmon guys let's see some stash pics for this year!

MtnViewPyro
04-16-2018, 02:03 PM
My stash is setting on pallets in 76 warehouse. My babies are dreaming of the day of ignition so they can be loud and pretty.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-16-2018, 02:37 PM
lol... Same here MVP. I have 2 items still not in stock. If they don't get a ship date by Friday, I'm going to sub them out and ship. should have our stuff by mid-May. Then it's game on time!!

MtnViewPyro
04-17-2018, 12:50 AM
I plan on picking up part of it in May then the rest in June. Not my usual, but my wife is going to be in the area in May and will have her pick up all the slices, sweeps, comets, mines, and flames. That way I can get all my racks and stands built. Then in June we will pick up the heavy stuff. I think in June we will also buy some of the little stuff for the kiddos.

Mattp
04-18-2018, 06:55 AM
Same here guys.. a few things not in stock.. my order is in and waiting to be filled. And picked up.. have been trying for 2 days to post some pics of last years haul, and whats leftover from it(which is actually a decemt amount) .. but for some reason it hasn't been working

Cheflife222
04-18-2018, 03:21 PM
Same here guys.. a few things not in stock.. my order is in and waiting to be filled. And picked up.. have been trying for 2 days to post some pics of last years haul, and whats leftover from it(which is actually a decemt amount) .. but for some reason it hasn't been working

Yea I dont know I tried uploading pics with my original post but it wouldn't work just kept saying error. As soon as it works I will upload mine for the year so far

displayfireworks1
04-18-2018, 07:14 PM
I think many fireworks distributors are still waiting for their product deliveries. So not everything is in for some.

PyroMike79
04-19-2018, 12:25 AM
I will try to get some pics up once my shopping is complete. Mainly ordering shells this year. I have so many cakes leftover from the previous few years that there have been some not so subtle hints from the girlfriend to use them before I order more. LOL

pimpdaddee28
04-19-2018, 04:26 AM
I'm also still waiting for my entire order to come in. We'll probably start to see some pics in this thread around early June.

Cheflife222
04-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Cmon guys let's see some stash pics for this year!

This is it so far!!!! The kids shopped with us so there are a few smalls they picked lol..

upNdown
04-22-2018, 08:44 PM
These probably won’t impress many people, but we’ve found that for our small, low budget backyard show, mixing the excalibur type shells with 200 gram cakes works best for us. Here’s 79 cakes - most of them 200’s. There’s some bigger ones hiding in the back, but the biggest things we have are cakes like FRWRX, Current Evebts, high falutin, one minute more - which are probably all closer to 350 than 500. But like I said, we’ll fuse these onto 3 or 4 boards, combine them with 6 cases of canister shells, probably Pro Shells, and have ourselves a show.

Edit - I can't upload an image directly from an iphone?
Oh well. Imagine 79 small cakes stacked tightly in a shed.

O-H-Pyro 95
04-22-2018, 08:47 PM
Here’s what I have already from New Year’s which got cancelled due to the brutal cold we had on New Years the torch i have failed so its a head start. I’m going to American Fireworks Demo next weekend to pick up my first major order for July 4th so I’m in the game.

EDIT: apparently it won’t upload from my phone but I’ve got a show setup in storage contains 1 Detonator, 1Angry pandas,1 500 gram fountain, Mad Cow 200g MOAB, Evil Clown 500gram, Outclass ball shells, and Firearm Canister shells

Cheflife222
04-22-2018, 09:46 PM
These probably won’t impress many people, but we’ve found that for our small, low budget backyard show, mixing the excalibur type shells with 200 gram cakes works best for us. Here’s 79 cakes - most of them 200’s. There’s some bigger ones hiding in the back, but the biggest things we have are cakes like FRWRX, Current Evebts, high falutin, one minute more - which are probably all closer to 350 than 500. But like I said, we’ll fuse these onto 3 or 4 boards, combine them with 6 cases of canister shells, probably Pro Shells, and have ourselves a show.

I had to send an email to myself from my phone with the pic attached, then on the computer open email and save, then it allowed me to upload the picture. hopefully it does we can all see that packed shed! lol good luck

Mattp
04-23-2018, 12:06 PM
This is it so far!!!! The kids shopped with us so there are a few smalls they picked lol..

Hey.. theres alot of good stuff in that stash.. personally have shot almost each of those.. and with the photo upload,, i find sometimes it works pefectly sometimes.. others not at all.. i always do it from my phone

upNdown
04-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Good advice - that's a simple solution
It took a couple of tries - it wouldn't upload at actual size, which was something over 2 meg - this image is just under 1 meg
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2968&stc=1
Like I said above, there's a lot hidden behind, most notable Frwrx, Angry Panda, Bite Your Tushy x2, High Falutin x2, One Minute More, and Current Events. We'll combine these with about 150 canister shells and have a nice show. We'll probably build a 36 tube rack, two 25 tube milk crates, and do the rest with smaller poor man racks.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-23-2018, 04:21 PM
Got our order with SO76 all finished and set to ship. Should have 7 pallets of goodies showing up the first week of May! I'll be sure to post the pics when it arrives.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-23-2018, 04:26 PM

You can do a heck of a lot with 200G cakes! They are very underappreciated IMHO. Throw a few cases of Bump Bear together with some fast fuse, and you've got a nice finale!!

Stormcrow
04-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Got our order with SO76 all finished and set to ship. Should have 7 pallets of goodies showing up the first week of May! I'll be sure to post the pics when it arrives.

7 pallets WOW. My order last year was one pallet so I’m guessing it will be two this year but 7 is unbelievable. 3 items say sold out and many say on order. I wasn’t looking to deliver it until end of May. Hope I don’t lose out on more items.

jayf
04-24-2018, 01:36 PM
I will have my 1st stash pics in about 3 weeks. Planning a road trip to Spirit of 76 to pick up my order. Working on getting my online cart down to what will fit in my SUV!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-25-2018, 01:18 PM
7 pallets WOW. My order last year was one pallet so I’m guessing it will be two this year but 7 is unbelievable. 3 items say sold out and many say on order. I wasn’t looking to deliver it until end of May. Hope I don’t lose out on more items.

7 pallets is a lot. A lot of WORK!! :p I'm still kind of PO'd. There were two items I wasn't able to get because they never came in. Both featured prominently in my show this year. The Nishiki Kamuro's and the 7's Super Swirl fan slices. Had to sub them out. Not happy at all about that. You had better get your order in soon! They can always ship it later.

Stormcrow
04-25-2018, 09:40 PM
What did you sub in for the nishiki kamuros

Big Worm
04-26-2018, 07:22 PM
What i got so far...http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2972&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2973&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2974&stc=1

Mattp
04-27-2018, 07:16 AM
What youve got so far??? As to say there will be more?? Hahaha.. well thats a hell of a start!!!

Mattp
04-27-2018, 07:28 AM
Heyyyy.. the upload from iPhone works again.. i think... if it did work here is my stash so far.. this is actually just whats left over from last year

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2977&stc=1

Cheflife222
04-27-2018, 08:26 AM
Heyyyy.. the upload from iPhone works again.. i think... if it did work here is my stash so far.. this is actually just whats left over from last year

I've never personally shot them, but backyard king and one bad piggy look like great cakes from the videos!! I had a stash leftover from last year but I used it up on Easter and a family birthday last weekend. lol any excuse to burn right lol

MontanaMike
04-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Ours showed up a couple of weeks ago - 2 pallets from wfboom. I only had to sub-out two or three items thanks to their updated listings on the price lists. Jack Dias was great to work with as always.

We have about 12 or 14 cakes left over from last year along with about 100 Commander-in-Chief shells, so we should have a pretty big boomin' finale this year.

I'm itching to start unboxing but we set up our show in the back room of my store, so we have to wait until mid June to spread everything out, otherwise it would be in the way and the store crew would mutiny!

Rick_In_Tampa
04-28-2018, 08:20 AM
What did you sub in for the nishiki kamuros

I went with the GM690 12's Double Time Rain Crackle. Totally different effect than the Nishiki, but, I didn't have much choice.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-28-2018, 08:25 AM
That's a great head start Worm!! Some very nice choices too.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-28-2018, 08:28 AM
I've never personally shot them, but backyard king and one bad piggy look like great cakes from the videos!!

They are great cakes Cheflife222! I used both last year and I'm using both again this year.

Big Worm
04-28-2018, 09:38 AM
Thanks just a "little" fine tuning left to do. Lol

GyroPyro420
04-29-2018, 10:34 AM
This is part 1 of my stash. Will update with part 2 in the coming weeks...I wait for the buy one get 2 or similar coupons before making a trip...and I only have so much room in my car haha.

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2978&stc=1

O-H-Pyro 95
05-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Here’s an update video on my stash that I posted. https://youtu.be/k80nmehNvhs

Lots of good stuff already and planning to get more next month.

Cheflife222
05-07-2018, 01:44 AM

Here's update pic#2 of 2018 stash!!! Starting to look good, and keep them coming. Love seeing how others are just as excited as we are!

FireworkNewbie
05-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Yea, I've waited since last August for them to stock the Nishiki... I went with Wacky Tobacky as a sub, hopefully they will look great! Never shot them before but got 3 cases, that and some Pyro Candy.... same difference kinda thing.

pimpdaddee28
05-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Here's what my 2018 stash looks like, so far. Have a couple more pick ups to make and hopefully by mid-June I'll have everything. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo of my entire stash around then. Might have to do it outdoors since I'll need the space to get it all in one shot, lol.

Also have some leftovers from past years. I call this photo "the curse of being a pyro in Ohio..."

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2989&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2990&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2991&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2992&stc=1

pimpdaddee28
05-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Here's what my 2018 stash looks like, so far. Have a couple more pick ups to make and hopefully by mid-June I'll have everything. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo of my entire stash around then. Might have to do it outdoors since I'll need the space to get it all in one shot, lol.

Also have some leftovers from past years. I call this photo "the curse of being a pyro in Ohio..."

I can't seem to attach the normal size of my photos. Sorry about that. You can click on the attachments below my post and they'll extend to their normal size, but I just don't know how make them show up the same way that GyroPyro420 does with his photo/post at the top of the page.

I'm not exactly competent when it comes to using forum tools, lol. Can anyone tell me how I could do it for future reference (or rather why I can't do it with my photos)??

Jay_
05-07-2018, 04:31 PM
^^^ nice stash!

As far as posting images, it may be considered old school by today’s standards..but I’ve always uploaded to photobucket, and then copied the url wrapped with the on vbulletin forums like this one. There are probably better ways of doing it these days, but I know this does work

GyroPyro420
05-07-2018, 07:01 PM
I can't seem to attach the normal size of my photos. Sorry about that. You can click on the attachments below my post and they'll extend to their normal size, but I just don't know how make them show up the same way that GyroPyro420 does with his photo/post at the top of the page.

I'm not exactly competent when it comes to using forum tools, lol. Can anyone tell me how I could do it for future reference (or rather why I can't do it with my photos)??

I just used the insert image link (third from the end) in the reply box. hope that helps...P.S whats up pimpdaddee (my youtube name is Pyro Mcgigglesworth) love your videos brother!

nayslayer
05-07-2018, 08:10 PM
I use imgbb for image hosting, creates link for you too.

Cheflife222
05-07-2018, 08:23 PM
Here's update pic#2 of 2018 stash!!! Starting to look good, and keep them coming. Love seeing how others are just as excited as we are!

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3001&stc=1
Retry on my post to make image larger if this works then instead of using the attachment button use the little picture button below the font size button. Hope this works

It didnt

Rick_In_Tampa
05-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Our order just showed up today. Here's the stash for 2018!!

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3002&stc=1

Jay_
05-07-2018, 10:45 PM
^^^very nice Rick! That’s quite a stack. Can’t wait to see your vid of your display!

Santa is bringing his Tommy lift to my house tomorrow. I’ll post up when I get them gathered.

jayf
05-08-2018, 01:05 AM
Awesome stash Rick! I just called Spirit of 76 yesterday and scheduled my pick up for next Monday! A 9 hour drive one way but I needed and excuse for a road trip and a few days away from work!

cherrybomb1
05-08-2018, 01:13 AM
Our order just showed up today. Here's the stash for 2018!!

Your the man Rick!can't wait to show the wife so she will realize things could be a lot worse!lol

displayfireworks1
05-08-2018, 04:44 AM
Rick, see what buying a fireworks firing system got you in to. LOL That is nice haul of product. I also notice some pro-line product in there. You are looking good.

Mattp
05-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Jeez!! Nice!! Gonna take you a day just to get it all in the garage.. looks like you have alot of work to do.. lol. And Like cherrybomb said too.. thats a great pic for me to show the wife..

PTFan
05-08-2018, 02:07 PM
I've driven about 5.5 hours one way for a few hour show. I must say 9 hours one way to pick up products is dedicated! You know 76 and other companies do ship to your front door, right? Lol
My friend drove 10 hours for a group buy picked up and unloaded stuff and sleep about 4 hours then drove 10 hours back. Pyros are top notch dedicated people!

jayf
05-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Yep, I know! I needed a reason for a few days off of work and a road trip!

GyroPyro420
05-08-2018, 02:47 PM
I've driven about 5.5 hours one way for a few hour show. I must say 9 hours one way to pick up products is dedicated! You know 76 and other companies do ship to your front door, right? Lol
My friend drove 10 hours for a group buy picked up and unloaded stuff and sleep about 4 hours then drove 10 hours back. Pyros are top notch dedicated people!

Is the best bet for someone in a non legal state, just to ship to a freight terminal? Or are there actually companies that dgaf and would ship regardless?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-08-2018, 04:01 PM
^^^very nice Rick! That’s quite a stack. Can’t wait to see your vid of your display!

Santa is bringing his Tommy lift to my house tomorrow. I’ll post up when I get them gathered.

Thanks Jay! Looking forward to seeing your haul too!

Awesome stash Rick! I just called Spirit of 76 yesterday and scheduled my pick up for next Monday! A 9 hour drive one way but I needed and excuse for a road trip and a few days away from work!

Thanks jayf! I'm all for a few days off work, but a 18 hour round trip in a car/van/truck is definitely not my idea of a good time! Good luck to you though. Drive safe, and definitely post the pics when you get back!

Your the man Rick!can't wait to show the wife so she will realize things could be a lot worse!lol

Thanks cherrybomb1!! I'm always happy to be the example of just how bad things *could* be. Lol... The key is to never let her know how much you spend.

Rick, see what buying a fireworks firing system got you in to. LOL That is nice haul of product. I also notice some pro-line product in there. You are looking good.

Yeah... I see alright. I'm blaming this on you Dave! Lol... I'm not complaining by the way. I'm fine with it. Just sayin... That pesky 54 is the last hurdle. Just can't seem to get that done. One day.... The vast majority of my product this year is Pro Line. Absolutely love their Pro products and with a Cobra, it's just a no brainer.

Jeez!! Nice!! Gonna take you a day just to get it all in the garage.. looks like you have alot of work to do.. lol. And Like cherrybomb said too.. thats a great pic for me to show the wife..

Thanks Mattp. Yesterday was a very long day. I had to run out to my buddy's house to pick them up. He lives an hour away. Load them up and haul them back. Then upload and stuff them into the garage. That was after cleaning out the garage and my wife's van the day before. I tell ya... I'm getting way too old for this nonsense!! The hard work is still to come!!

Mattp
05-08-2018, 06:52 PM
That sure is alot of work.. im sure you have a real good reason for not having them shipped directly to you.. lol.. and i feel ya.. found out the other day. Had to sub out about 1/4 of my 76 order. And a few other technical difficulties ... but nontheless i will be making a 2hr drive next weekend for my haul

Rick_In_Tampa
05-08-2018, 07:37 PM
We do a group buy and my buddy buys 50% more than I do. So we have everything delivered to his place. I'm going to find out if I can have my stuff shipped to me next year though. That was just too much work! My guess is we'd lose the group purchase discount if we shipped to two different locations. But it's at least worth asking the question.

Mattp
05-08-2018, 08:58 PM
That makes sense.. but can never hurt to ask.. pesronally i dont see why they wouldnt do it.. and just charge separate shipping fees.. man.. that van mustve been so packed up with fireworks on your drive back.. lol

cherrybomb1
05-08-2018, 11:41 PM
I hear you on that one Rick...luckily I'm the comptroller of the family so since i found this website i have to "cook" the books every once in awhile lol.seriously the though she's pretty good about things...had to buy her a french bulldog last year!.give and take!

CMiller
05-09-2018, 08:40 AM
I placed my order in November and added/deleted a few items. Out of 136 cases, I'm waiting on 5 cases to come in and then it's a 6 hour drive one way to pick it up. What did they not have on your order?
That sure is alot of work.. im sure you have a real good reason for not having them shipped directly to you.. lol.. and i feel ya.. found out the other day. Had to sub out about 1/4 of my 76 order. And a few other technical difficulties ... but nontheless i will be making a 2hr drive next weekend for my haul

NWA_Fireworks
05-09-2018, 12:55 PM
I’ve got super nova and dazzling diamond in my stash as well. Good stuff!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 04:00 PM
That makes sense.. but can never hurt to ask.. pesronally i dont see why they wouldnt do it.. and just charge separate shipping fees.. man.. that van mustve been so packed up with fireworks on your drive back.. lol

I heard back from my salesperson at SO76 and he told me it's not a problem to ship my part of the order to my house directly. Seems like an obviously question to ask now, but it didn't occur to me at the time for some reason. Lesson learned. The van did well. It's a 12 passenger Ford F350. Lots of room, and I used every inch of it. lol...

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 04:02 PM
I hear you on that one Rick...luckily I'm the comptroller of the family so since i found this website i have to "cook" the books every once in awhile lol.seriously the though she's pretty good about things...had to buy her a french bulldog last year!.give and take!

My wife and I have an understanding. She doesn't ask me how much I spend, and I don't lie to her. So far, it's working for us both.

Zippster
05-09-2018, 04:57 PM
My wife and I have an understanding. She doesn't ask me how much I spend, and I don't lie to her. So far, it's working for us both.

LOL, my wife and I do the exact same. Funny thing is, I hear her telling people all night long the same thing when they ask.

GyroPyro420
05-09-2018, 05:17 PM
LOL, my wife and I do the exact same. Funny thing is, I hear her telling people all night long the same thing when they ask.

My wife looks at the growing stash..looks at me..and just shakes her head...she knows what battles she won’t win ��

FireworkNewbie
05-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Lol, I'm in the same boat... my wife's not a fan. You got to pick your hill to die on, and this is mine. Normally, when she gets frustrated she just says, "Do what you want..." with that tone (you know what one I'm talking about). That normally means, I don't dare do it. When it comes to fireworks though, when she says that, I respond, "Ok, will do."

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 08:05 PM
My wife looks at the growing stash..looks at me..and just shakes her head...she knows what battles she won’t win ��

Lol... Smart lady! She's a keeper.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Lol, I'm in the same boat... my wife's not a fan. You got to pick your hill to die on, and this is mine. Normally, when she gets frustrated she just says, "Do what you want..." with that tone (you know what one I'm talking about). That normally means, I don't dare do it. When it comes to fireworks though, when she says that, I respond, "Ok, will do."

You are absolutely right my friend!! You have to pick your battles. We all have our pyro budgets, and I don't care if it's $500 or $5000... Most non-pyro's would consider that a waste of money. On the flip side, my wife and the Amazon delivery lady are on a first name basis! She's got crap arriving damn near every day. You know, important stuff like Yankee candles and toys for the granddaughter. Stuff I consider a waste of money. But I've learned to shut my pie-hole about her Amazon habit, and she doesn't question my pyro habit. As long as the lights stay on and there's food in the frig, we're okay.

Pyro Paul
05-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Rick, I still say you have issues... but then so do I lol. You only live once, might as well enjoy it!!

Big Worm
05-09-2018, 09:24 PM
Rick do your neighbor's ever stop by when they see you lining up all the boxes for the picture? LOL

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Rick, I still say you have issues... but then so do I lol. You only live once, might as well enjoy it!!

OMG... That's the understatement of the year! Lol... I only have 3 hobbies. Guns, pyro, and NHRA drag racing. I love things that make a LOT of noise!! You are absolutely right. You only go around once. Might as well enjoy yourself. I know I'm in great company!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 09:46 PM
Rick do your neighbor's ever stop by when they see you lining up all the boxes for the picture? LOL

I have a neighbor 2 doors down who asked if I needed any help. Problem is he only has 1 arm! So I didn't figure he'd be much help. No one else ever offers to help. That's okay. I do this for myself and my own enjoyment first and foremost. After the show I usually get a lot of people telling me they enjoyed the show! That's about it.

Pyro Paul
05-09-2018, 09:56 PM
I noticed you have supernova cans Rick but no hellcats, any particular reason for that? I ordered both...

NWA_Fireworks
05-09-2018, 10:04 PM
I noticed you have supernova cans Rick but no hellcats, any particular reason for that? I ordered both...

I know you weren’t asking me, but I saw both in the demo, and I definitely thought the Super Novas packed more punch.

Pyro Paul
05-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Good to know NWA, I liked the willow/white strobe shell in the hellcats is why I ordered them. Anything else you'd like to share? lol

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 11:06 PM

That's a good question. I bought the hellcats last year and they were great. I think I got 2 of the super nova cans this year because of the price difference. that's my recollection anyway.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-09-2018, 11:07 PM
I know you weren’t asking me, but I saw both in the demo, and I definitely thought the Super Novas packed more punch.

Well that's good to hear!!

Pyroman5000
05-10-2018, 12:24 AM
I would but it wont let me do it from my phone :confused:

Mattp
05-10-2018, 07:01 AM
I placed my order in November and added/deleted a few items. Out of 136 cases, I'm waiting on 5 cases to come in and then it's a 6 hour drive one way to pick it up. What did they not have on your order?

I did the same.. placed it in january. And said no problem. I can wait. But now the waiting game is up..lol . . Not their fault,, sounds like some stuff didnt even leave china .. ive heard theyre not the only ones with similar issues this year.. and im still on the smaller scale compared to alot of people here.. only 20 cases.. so when i said 1/4 of the order it was true.. but is only 5 cases..haha. . it was mostly their new stuff too that i wanted to try out this year.. these were what i could remember.. and a few things i tried to sub to were also out.. lol.
Go getters
12s gold wave comet
Flame of thrones
140s candles
And a few diff 500g cakes

Jay_
05-10-2018, 07:07 AM
Mine so far. Still waiting for some product to show up at so76 so I can complete that order. I will drive up and pick it up.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu87/soonerjay/EA3ED2A8-411E-4418-9D8E-A3B87D324C04_zpsujqnl9jr.jpeg (http://s636.photobucket.com/user/soonerjay/media/EA3ED2A8-411E-4418-9D8E-A3B87D324C04_zpsujqnl9jr.jpeg.html)

Jay_
05-10-2018, 07:22 AM
Welp...can’t get photobucket to work. I’ll try a different hosting site and try again

CMiller
05-10-2018, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=Mattp;52811]I did the same.. placed it in january. And said no problem. I can wait. But now the waiting game is up..lol . . Not their fault,, sounds like some stuff didnt even leave china .. ive heard theyre not the only ones with similar issues this year.. and im still on the smaller scale compared to alot of people here.. only 20 cases.. so when i said 1/4 of the order it was true.. but is only 5 cases..haha. . it was mostly their new stuff too that i wanted to try out this year.. these were what i could remember.. and a few things i tried to sub to were also out.. lol
Go getters
12s gold wave comet
Flame of thrones
140s candles
And a few diff 500g cakes[/QUOTE

I'm waiting for 2 cases of Immortal, Criss Cross, One Nation, Double Happiness and Hella Sweet. I was told they're being transferred for MO. to PA warehouse. I talked to Stephano at Intergalactic, he told me that World Class didn't even ship Gorilla Warfare and a bunch of other stuff do to the shutdown in China.

FireworkNewbie
05-10-2018, 09:10 AM
I got a few cases of Super Nova cans this year... haven't shot any yet but can't wait to see them live. The willow effect are what got me to go with Super Nova.

joed2323
05-10-2018, 10:20 AM
I got a few cases of Super Nova cans this year... haven't shot any yet but can't wait to see them live. The willow effect are what got me to go with Super Nova.

Not sure if it's feasible.

I puked only one case of supernova willow shells last year and it was amazing.

I replaced all the shells leader fuse with fast fuse, really makes the timing spot on.

Also shot rwb glitter, supernovas are by far my favorite shells due to being able to purchase case(s) of one effect. Makes certain segments in your show look clean

FireworkNewbie
05-10-2018, 11:30 AM
I never have replaced leader fuses before (I live up to my name). Is this an easy thing to do? I'm sure I can find instructions/tutorials, but any tips/advice you have from personal experiance?

MtnViewPyro
05-10-2018, 02:14 PM
It’s easy to do Firework newbie. Just need a proper poke and your set.

pimpdaddee28
05-10-2018, 02:30 PM
I just used the insert image link (third from the end) in the reply box. hope that helps...P.S whats up pimpdaddee (my youtube name is Pyro Mcgigglesworth) love your videos brother!

Thanks for the kind words brother!! I can't seem to find your channel on youtube. Could you give me a link to it?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-10-2018, 04:22 PM
Is the best bet for someone in a non legal state, just to ship to a freight terminal? Or are there actually companies that dgaf and would ship regardless?

GyroPyro420 - Fireworks are illegal in Florida. Obviously, I don't let that slow me down. The fireworks dealers are happy to ship to us, and the FedEx guy is happy to deliver them to our house. I would just recommend you ask for lift-gate service so you're not unloading the truck case by case. Depending on your pyro budget, that could be a really long day.

displayfireworks1
05-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I thought fireworks were legal in Florida if you had a bird problem (yea right) Bezerk had a hell of bird problem last year. LOL Don't get me started on that Lift Gate bullshit. Lift Gate is the Supersize extra charge of shipping. LOL "Would you like to lift gate you order today sir?" LOL

Rick_In_Tampa
05-10-2018, 08:10 PM
I thought fireworks were legal in Florida if you had a bird problem (yea right) Bezerk had a hell of bird problem last year. LOL Don't get me started on that Lift Gate bullshit. Lift Gate is the Supersize extra charge of shipping. LOL "Would you like to lift gate you order today sir?" LOL

It is crazy, isn't it? Every year, right on schedule, always on July 4th, there seems to be a MASSIVE bird problem all over Florida! As a good American, I feel I owe it to my fellow citizens to help keep their fish ponds and crops free from this infestation. As luck would have it, my neighbor 2 doors down actually has a fish pond in his back yard. So if the cops ever show up at my show..... :rolleyes:

GyroPyro420
05-10-2018, 08:13 PM
GyroPyro420 - Fireworks are illegal in Florida. Obviously, I don't let that slow me down. The fireworks dealers are happy to ship to us, and the FedEx guy is happy to deliver them to our house. I would just recommend you ask for lift-gate service so you're not unloading the truck case by case. Depending on your pyro budget, that could be a really long day.
I used to live in Florida and never had a problem buying them as long as I signed the form lol. It's not the same as my state or my county. My state allows sparkling devices my county doesn't even allow that. I just make the 120 mile trip a few times a year to get my stuff. I'll be asking around for next year for sure though.

NWA_Fireworks
05-10-2018, 08:43 PM
Can't post pictures of my stash from my phone OR my computer. Anybody have a workaround?

I was really hoping to post a picture of my first order that came in...45 cases or so from a couple different suppliers. There may or may not be a couple cases of Thunder Kings...

Rick_In_Tampa
05-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Just make sure the file is less than 2MB and you shouldn't have a problem.

Cheflife222
05-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Like rick said your photo has to be under 2 mb to upload so just adjust the size ( by lowering the quality) then retry

NWA_Fireworks
05-10-2018, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=Mattp;52811]I did the same.. placed it in january. And said no problem. I can wait. But now the waiting game is up..lol . . Not their fault,, sounds like some stuff didnt even leave china .. ive heard theyre not the only ones with similar issues this year.. and im still on the smaller scale compared to alot of people here.. only 20 cases.. so when i said 1/4 of the order it was true.. but is only 5 cases..haha. . it was mostly their new stuff too that i wanted to try out this year.. these were what i could remember.. and a few things i tried to sub to were also out.. lol
Go getters
12s gold wave comet
Flame of thrones
140s candles
And a few diff 500g cakes[/QUOTE

I'm waiting for 2 cases of Immortal, Criss Cross, One Nation, Double Happiness and Hella Sweet. I was told they're being transferred for MO. to PA warehouse. I talked to Stephano at Intergalactic, he told me that World Class didn't even ship Gorilla Warfare and a bunch of other stuff do to the shutdown in China.

For what it’s worth, Texas Outlaw (a Red Rhino brand) has a rewrap of Gorilla Warfare called Blazin Gun. Don’t know if they’re in stock, but here is the video.

(http://redrhinofireworks.com/blazin-gun.html).

Kenny East
05-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Planning on another super strong this year.. Got part of it...

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3005&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3006&stc=1

pimpdaddee28
05-11-2018, 10:55 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/starvin_marvin_jm88/Fireworks%20Unboxing%20-%20Quick%20Hobby%20Fuse_zps4mc6qpef.jpg (http://s38.photobucket.com/user/starvin_marvin_jm88/media/Fireworks%20Unboxing%20-%20Quick%20Hobby%20Fuse_zps4mc6qpef.jpg.html)

Also forgot my case of fuse. Needed to re-stock this year! Now I just gotta get some 10s fuse and 20s+ visco fuse from WF Boom.

EDIT: Using Photobucket works!! Thanks Jay!!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Planning on another super strong this year.. Got part of it...

Holy crap that looks like a busy cake!

displayfireworks1
05-11-2018, 09:51 PM
I see some members are getting that upgrade message from Photobucket when trying to embed your photos on the pyrotalk forums. If you need a place to store pictures you can store them on the pyrotalk website under the Post Photo section of pyrotalk. Then you can embed them into your post. The Post Photo section is free. Another option is to reduce the size of the photo on your computer and load them directly onto the post.
Here is the link to the free pyrotalk photo section if anyone needs it. There is also a tab on the pyrotalk main page.
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/

Kenny East
05-12-2018, 02:55 AM
Holy crap that looks like a busy cake!

Supposed to say super string... Those are actually all firecrackers,unless you're talking about what's below the crackers...

NWA_Fireworks
05-12-2018, 07:44 AM
I see some members are getting that upgrade message from Photobucket when trying to embed your photos on the pyrotalk forums. If you need a place to store pictures you can store them on the pyrotalk website under the Post Photo section of pyrotalk. Then you can embed them into your post. The Post Photo section is free. Another option is to reduce the size of the photo on your computer and load them directly onto the post.
Here is the link to the free pyrotalk photo section if anyone needs it. There is also a tab on the pyrotalk main page.
http://pyrotalk.com/wp-photos/

Hey Dave - I tried to register for the “post photos” section, and it looks like the reCaptcha security tool needs to be updated. It says version 1 has been shut down and doesn’t provide any security text to enter.

Jay_
05-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Well since my pic didn't post up, here is a vid of my stash to date. Don't mind the audio, some of it wont make sense to you because it the video was shot for a different purpose. Its also sideways (iphone).

Im not sure that the player in browser is working, so here is a direct link to it if it is not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdkH-mYhbE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdkH-mYhbE

displayfireworks1
05-12-2018, 01:15 PM
I apologize for the reCaptcha error. I did not realize the error. My webmaster if out of town for a week. I'll have him address it when he returns.
In the interim if a member needs a picture posted please email the pictures to me at pyrotalk@gmail.com. Tell me the category and thread post number. I'll add the picture for you if you need it.
Remember all members can post pictures directly to your post if you reduce the total size of the picture. But again, I can help if needed.

AwakenedPotato
05-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Hey folks, just starting to get my stash organized and sorted out. Looking forward to shooting with the cobra system for the first time this year.

SO76 Order ended up being just under 1500lbs this year!
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3009&stc=1

Berserker23
05-15-2018, 04:13 AM
Hey folks, just starting to get my stash organized and sorted out. Looking forward to shooting with the cobra system for the first time this year.

Nice stash you got some good stuff

Zippster
05-15-2018, 10:10 AM
Very nice. Question to those of you who have orders shipped, doesnt the shipping costs kill the pricing?

Mattp
05-15-2018, 11:04 AM
Very nice. Question to those of you who have orders shipped, doesnt the shipping costs kill the pricing?

It really depends on how much you order and where you order it from.. alot of places have teir systems that give you discounts the more you buy.. so if you order alot it will offset the price for shipping. . and also some places have items other places do not..some people setup group buys.. so theyre at the best wholesale pricing level.. and also a convenience factor for people who live very far from a store.. so yes it definitely adds quite a bit to the cost.. but i think really depends on your situation..

cherrybomb1
05-15-2018, 11:14 AM

Its not that bad when buying wholesale by the case...but i don't think you'll ever see "Pyro Prime memberships" that offer free shipping to members.I used too drive to Indiana every year which ended up being about a 9 hour round trip by the time i picked everything out in a warehouse that was 33,000 sq ft...traffic on i-80 thru the Chicago area can be brutal.. run into an accident and forget about it!.My order from Wfboom last year came right to my driveway and they pallet jacked it right into the garage.just a lot less stress in my life.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-15-2018, 03:44 PM

Nice stash there AP!! Looks like you're going to be a busy man on the 4th! You're going to love the Cobra. Especially with that much product to shoot. I assume you're going to be doing a scripted show, yes?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-15-2018, 03:51 PM

I think Mattp and cherrybomb1 got it exactly right. My buddy and I do a group buy every year. This year we bought $10K worth of product from SO76 so we qualified for their "special order" pricing. That worked out to be around 50% off their retail pricing. The shipping amounted to 10% of the order and we had it delivered right to the front door. That's hard to beat. So if you and your buddies can manage to put together a large enough order, it's definitely worth paying the shipping cost.

displayfireworks1
05-15-2018, 06:45 PM
At Awakened Potato , that looks like a nice haul from Spirit of 76. I like that one name Pigzilla. How many modules do you have on your Cobra System?

Zippster
05-15-2018, 10:38 PM
That makes sense, thanks all. For now I make my several road trips a season and enjoy it but am looking at possibly relocating down your way Rick so was just thinking out loud.

Icooclast
05-16-2018, 01:00 AM
yes, shipping does add a little bit extra cost to worry about. but as said it depends on where you are, how much you order and also what company they get to ship them to you.

the last time i had fireworks was around 10--11 years ago, i spent close to 8 grand, and shipping was under a thousand dollars (like $954 or something) and it was from 76fireworks.com. and i got a few bonuses for buying in bulk that totaled $1,000. plus i got their gold prices on all cases (you get upgraded from silver to gold after spending 2K) so, i saved money and the 1k discount payed for the shipping. so in my case spirit of 76 made my shipping costs cancel each other out.

you also must consider tax, too. right now as i understand it, PA's tax on the good fireworks is 18% unless you're shipping them out of state. so, that's a very high tax rate, but with the deals one can get, it still offsets both taxes and shipping costs. plus spirit of 76 gives members here a group buy where if you order $500 or more you get gold price list (instead of standard, AKA silver) which is better pricing and is a good site to order from.

i'm looking into wvboom, in feb. they offer a 40% discount on orders over $2500 if you place and pay for your order by a specific day.. so that also offsets shipping. best bet is to shop around ask them questions and see where you can get the best deals and obviously the one with the best deals AND the fireworks you like.

there is also pyroboom.com for premade racks, extra tubes, fuse, etc.

hopefully i helped a little :)

AwakenedPotato
05-16-2018, 06:40 PM
At Awakened Potato , that looks like a nice haul from Spirit of 76. I like that one name Pigzilla. How many modules do you have on your Cobra System?

Got 2 18M modules. Hoping to shoot the bulk of it using the system, gotta nail down the shooting order first, but I've generally shot a lot of the duplicate cakes in pairs or 2 or 4. So I'm hoping I won't have to use too many cues up.

Mattp
05-20-2018, 10:10 PM
Made my pickup today and did alot of prep work already.. 13 boxes total+ what i had left from last year
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3021&stc=1

MtnViewPyro
05-20-2018, 11:29 PM
Made my pickup today and did alot of prep work already.. 13 boxes total+ what i had left from last year
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3021&stc=1

Looking good Mattp. Ying Yang is one of if not my favorite of the tubes.

Jay_
05-21-2018, 02:13 AM
Very nice! Rowdy ride and amazing ballet will be crowd pleasers for sure. I’m going to snatch up a case of those bump bears myself when I finally get my SO76 order done.

jayf
05-21-2018, 02:14 AM
Here's my pick up from Spirit of 76 last Monday. 15 cases Not sure why it's upside down.....trying to fix it...

FireworkNewbie
05-21-2018, 06:46 AM
MOAB, nice... just found this one while looking through their catalog. Didn't even know about it, wish I had ordered it. Let me know how it turns out. Great Nishiki effect...

Mattp
05-21-2018, 07:01 AM
Looking good Mattp. Ying Yang is one of if not my favorite of the tubes.

Thanks.. ya. Mine too .last year i did the monster brocade ring.. which is similar. But not quite as good.. i know alot of people dont care for the tubes because they're def not n 3" shells in there.. but your not getting those effects and break sizes out of anythkng else 1.4..

Mattp
05-21-2018, 07:07 AM
Very nice! Rowdy ride and amazing ballet will be crowd pleasers for sure. I’m going to snatch up a case of those bump bears myself when I finally get my SO76 order done.

They sure do look cool.. may want to keep checking on the inventory while making your order.. theres alot of products that arent in.. and no certainty that they will be in

Mattp
05-21-2018, 07:08 AM
Here's my pick up from Spirit of 76 last Monday. 15 cases Not sure why it's upside down.....trying to fix it...
Awesome.. alot of good stuff in there!!! the photo is not upside down for me

Jay_
05-21-2018, 07:33 AM
They sure do look cool.. may want to keep checking on the inventory while making your order.. theres alot of products that arent in.. and no certainty that they will be in

Yeah, I went ahead and cut my losses and just pulled the trigger last night. I will still have some retail stuff to pick up, but that will be the last of my wholesale for 2018 (I think).

Jay_
05-21-2018, 07:35 AM

Looking good! Those Backyard kings are completely awesome. Nice choices with everything.

cherrybomb1
05-21-2018, 08:50 AM
Thanks.. ya. Mine too .last year i did the monster brocade ring.. which is similar. But not quite as good.. i know alot of people dont care for the tubes because they're def not n 3" shells in there.. but your not getting those effects and break sizes out of anythkng else 1.4..
Mattp..You can do any size shell you want now!

Mattp
05-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Mattp..You can do any size shell you want now!

Hahaha.. you got that right.. i do still have a small 1.3 order to pick up.. just for a little extra BOOM at the end..!!!!

upNdown
05-21-2018, 12:11 PM
Good advice - that's a simple solution
It took a couple of tries - it wouldn't upload at actual size, which was something over 2 meg - this image is just under 1 meg
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2968&stc=1
Like I said above, there's a lot hidden behind, most notable Frwrx, Angry Panda, Bite Your Tushy x2, High Falutin x2, One Minute More, and Current Events. We'll combine these with about 150 canister shells and have a nice show. We'll probably build a 36 tube rack, two 25 tube milk crates, and do the rest with smaller poor man racks.
Just added a case of Pro shells, a box of Chaos shells and a few small boxes of ball shells. I learned from my mistake last year, and I took the time yesterday to unbox all the cans - its amazing how much that adds to your prep time, especially if you don't do it in advance.

jayf
05-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Got more cases coming yet. That's odd for me my pic is upside down.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Nice stash Mattp!!

Rick_In_Tampa
05-21-2018, 06:59 PM

Some nice stuff in there jayf!! Even upside down! Lol...

Berserker23
05-28-2018, 11:43 PM
Yeah I can’t figure out how to post pictures but I got 70 cakes and 186 excaliburs and lots of Roman candles for my rack I got them all from Bullseye Fireworks Melbourne FL wholesale great place to shop at if you live near by

Berserker23
05-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Here’s some pics for some reason it wouldn’t let me upload a pic http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3058&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3057&stc=1

MtnViewPyro
06-19-2018, 08:24 AM
So this weekend, the entire MtnView Pyro family spread out and picked up 90% of my stash throughout the state of Missouri. A few problems occurred (sorry again,NWA_Fireworks), but despite the few hiccups, it was a great adventure. I met several Pyro enthusiasts and some cool guys. Spoke several times to a fellow pyrotalk member (NWA_Fireworks) over the phone. Sometimes people in the firework industry are arrogant, but this weekend I was rather amazed of how nice everyone was I dealt with and it just made this Pyro remember why I love this stuff. That little kid seeing that big burst in the air for the first time was revived again. Below is a link to my stash. Disclaimer: I just found a decent editing software so I played with it while editing the video.
https://youtu.be/KEq9Fe_0liA

Mattp
06-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Nice stash... i like the editing too.. was hoping you were going to skip to a demo of the peacock one.. lol..

MtnViewPyro
06-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Nice stash... i like the editing too.. was hoping you were going to skip to a demo of the peacock one.. lol..

Thank you, Mattp! Lol, yeah I’m really looking forward to seeing it in person.

NWA_Fireworks
06-19-2018, 11:39 PM
So this weekend, the entire MtnView Pyro family spread out and picked up 90% of my stash throughout the state of Missouri. A few problems occurred (sorry again,NWA_Fireworks), but despite the few hiccups, it was a great adventure. I met several Pyro enthusiasts and some cool guys. Spoke several times to a fellow pyrotalk member (NWA_Fireworks) over the phone. Sometimes people in the firework industry are arrogant, but this weekend I was rather amazed of how nice everyone was I dealt with and it just made this Pyro remember why I love this stuff. That little kid seeing that big burst in the air for the first time was revived again. Below is a link to my stash. Disclaimer: I just found a decent editing software so I played with it while editing the video.
https://youtu.be/KEq9Fe_0liA

We’re all good here brother! Thanks again for making the run. Wish I could be there to see you shoot your stash!

Stormcrow
06-20-2018, 12:16 AM
Wow nice stash MVP. I chose many of the same so I know I’m doing something right. Can’t wait for the show.