PDA

View Full Version : NorthWestern Wisconsin checking in.

jayf
04-16-2018, 01:55 AM
Just registered yesterday. A little about me...always liked fireworks and just really got into it for our families Independence Day party a few years ago. Last year was my 1st year using multi shot cakes(9 of them,) building poor mans mortar racks, fusing shells together. Also bought the cheap china made wireless 12 cue firing system a week before so it was a lot of learning for me last year. Will use it again this year, at this time planning on buying a COBRA for 2019. Also planning my 1st wholesale order.

Kenny East
04-16-2018, 03:12 AM
Nothing wrong with the 12 cue China systems. I started with one then instead of buying a cobra I chose to expand the import system... A p1200 and then bought a few more 4 cue modules for it. Welcome and enjoy!

cherrybomb1
04-16-2018, 03:28 AM
Just registered yesterday. A little about me...always liked fireworks and just really got into it for our families Independence Day party a few years ago. Last year was my 1st year using multi shot cakes(9 of them,) building poor mans mortar racks, fusing shells together. Also bought the cheap china made wireless 12 cue firing system a week before so it was a lot of learning for me last year. Will use it again this year, at this time planning on buying a COBRA for 2019. Also planning my 1st wholesale order.
Any firing system is better better then no system at all!Welcome to the forum jayf.Theres a wealth of knowledge on here.

chriskrc
04-16-2018, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the forum and great to meet you. I have a 12 cue system myself nothing wrong with them at all.

jayf
04-18-2018, 01:29 AM
You guys are correct nothing wrong with them. Gets the job done!

captainpryo
04-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Welcome from another person from Western Wisconsin. where are you located in Northwestern Wisconsin?

jayf
04-18-2018, 11:22 AM
A little North of Eau Claire in Bloomer.

displayfireworks1
04-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear you want to advance into electrical firing. It is common for fireworks enthusiast to start with an inexpensive import system to see if they like electrical wireless firing before they purchase a Cobra or other advanced system. Now you can purchase non regulated electrical initiators to use on most any fireworks firing system. I cover many fireworks set up techniques in my YouTube videos.

Rick_In_Tampa
04-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Welcome aboard jayf! Sounds like you're jumping into this pyro thing with both feet. That's great. Not sure what you're typical show size/budget is like, but you're going to be amazed with what you can do electronically that just isn't possible with a fused show. Even on a small scale. Good luck and again, welcome aboard!

jayf
04-20-2018, 02:22 PM
Thanks Dave and Rick! Dave, I stumbled upon your youtube videos last July or August and have probably watch 60% or so of them. I also have your ATF license kit, though I have yet to fill it out and send it in. Need to get on that. Just received an order from pyroboom.....30 12in DR11....Time to start rack building!

displayfireworks1
04-20-2018, 07:12 PM
jayf thanks for that feedback, I am glad my videos stimulated you to advance into pyrotechnics. There are many of us that started exactly where you are now. I am hoping to hear of your continued progress. The racks are a great start to add to your electrical firing.